Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Loks like the boy at STV going a bit mental;

@STVRaman: Craig Whyte has agreed to sell his shares to Blue Knights consortium, STV has learned

@STVRaman: We understand Brian Kennedy bidding is back on the table....administrators expect 4 or 5 bids by tomorrow's deadline

@STVRaman: RFC administrators reveal Rangers have applied to the SFA for a UEFA licence

@STVRaman: Administrators also reveal they have spoken to SFA, SPL and UEFA re consequences of a newco

Amongst others in last few minutes,

Please lets not have a miracle of something raising from the dead at Easter :angry:

The the good news arrives;

@alextomo: Craig Whyte tells me any notion he's selling his shares to PM is "absolute nonsense." - Could haudit & Daudit be firing shite stories at the media again to drum up ongoing interest??

Edited by MEADOWXI

No - they are not a creditor at this stage. The deal is that they own (some of) the future ticket sales.

why would they give up £17m + interest (as reported in the DR.....I know !!) whats in it for ticketus ?

I can only guess that liquidation is being deemed a certainty as £10m is better than nothing !

going round on twitter that they have applied for a UEFA Licence !

Have accounts been lodged yet or another attempt to bend/break the rules (allegedly!) ???

Did they not have to exit administration by March 31st in order to do that? Surely they are not stupid enough to think UEFA will start bending rules for them? On second thoughts, they are probably that stupid.

why would they give up £17m + interest (as reported in the DR.....I know !!) whats in it for ticketus ?

I can only guess that liquidation is being deemed a certainty as £10m is better than nothing !

Yeah - presumably they feel that 10 million is better than a) liquidation and potentially getting nothing or b) becoming a creditor and being part of a CVA.

They have supposedly agreed to also invest 10 million as working capital - presumably there is some security or return in that.

Edit: Of course, they haven't actually agreed yet, according to reports.

Edited by Colin M

@alextomo "CW tells me "so far as I understand Paul Murray isn't putting in any of his own money" into RFC bid"

Not even a pound????

"CW reiterated his point that he is due £30 million and wants his £30 million"laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by iceblink

this is the latest report from stv sport website

Rangers have applied to play in Europe next season, the club's administrators have confirmed.

The Scottish FA's deadline of March 31 for applications has been met, despite the Ibrox side appearing to fall short of two requirements in UEFA's guidelines.

Rangers' lack of audited accounts should, by the letter of the rules, see them unable to qualify for a UEFA Club Licence.

Additionally, the club's failure to meet outstanding tax payments which arose prior to the end of 2011 by the March deadline also fails to meet the basic conditions for a licence.

Rangers are currently second in the Scottish Premier League table and, if they are granted approval to play in Europe, would play in the third qualifying round of the Champions League on the Non-Champions path.

Rules

Article 47 of UEFA's Club Licensing Criteria states states: "Each licence applicant is required to provide a copy of its audited annual financial statements as defined in respect of the statutory closing date prior to the deadline for submission of the application to the SFA and prior to the deadline for submission of the list of licensing decisions to UEFA. Audited financial statements must include the auditor's report. The auditor must be independent as defined in Annex 01 / 01.1 of Part 4."<br style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><br style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">The Scottish FA requires clubs to forward a copy of audited accounts to them by March 31.

Article 50 refers to payables overdue towards employees and social/tax authorities and states: "Licence applicants must demonstrate that as at 31 March 2012 they have no payables overdue towards their employees or social/tax authorities as a result of contractual and legal obligations towards their employees that arose prior to 31 December 2011."

More to follow...

Edited by pollokfan1987

R.e. the European License: it should be noted that national associations administer the system on behalf of UEFA, i.e. while it's a license to play in UEFA competitions it's actually awarded by the SFA.

Rangers WILL be in Europe then it's safe to say.

Anyone else getting this? Twice in the past month being accused by some FB friends of being "obsessed" with Rangers, just 'cos I have the audacity to post of their ongoing soap opera.....

FWIW - I welcome their demise and hope, as a Pars fan, that we can escape the trap door to Div I even if it is on the coat tails of RFC(IA) getting put in a Cuisinart. When I make that point one guy even said "I fail to see how Rangers' situation can save Dunfermline from the drop."

Good God. :blink:

sorry if already been posted but apparently rangers rejected a bid from west brom last week for steven naismith? surely they shouldnt be rejecting any amount of money they can get there hands on at this time.

Paper talk I suspect......I wouldn't believe everything you read as in that same article they valued McGregor at £7m ! ph34r.gif

BBC saying Kennedy is going to be one of 5 bids to be considered. Did he not drop out already? Were there not 5 bids already lodged? Just what the f**k has been going on for the last fortnight? Honestly you couldn't make this pantomime up!

I don't like it but I can see why they did it. You don't ask you don't get. They have the bidders deadline for tomorrow, so being in Europe would certainly up their value a bit.

Doesn't mean I fucking like it however and hope expect it still gets rejected.

Edited by the jambo-rocker