Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Did Chick Young say that?

He used to say things like that on Radio Clyde before he switched stations, at which point he instantly started making the same dubious proclamations about Radio Scotland. If he moved to Radio Highlands & Islands it wouldn't stop him spouting his self-congratulatory drivel with zero basis in fact. I don't know anyone who remotely values his input on anything and yet he keeps getting paid; the only place he gets held to account is on internet forums.

And we are all faceless cowards hiding behind keyboards and therefore by definition and QED our opinions are worthless

Brian(?) from Bridge of Don who wiped the floor with the Young One a couple weeks back is also a faceless coward who hides behind a keyboard (from Aberdeen Mad I think) and Chic showed his true worth by doing what any clued up journalist with all the facts at his behest would do; he cut him off the air

Chic Young is a tedious, hackneyed dolt, the media equivalent of chlamydia, irritating and occasionally painful but ultimately insignificant

One thing I wonder about is how can they get away with selling players they haven't paid for? I'm thinking of Jelavic, how are they allowed to keep the money Everton have paid when they never paid for him in the first place?

They basically brought in lots of players they couldn't pay for yet and I think knew they would never pay for. Somehow they are allowed to consider them assets. They should be sent back to the clubs they came from and Rangers shouldn't get a penny.

Also, by playing on as they are, they must still be racking up debts I.e wages, policing and ambulance costs etc will these just be written off as well? Shouldn't they be liquidated immediately to stop trading when insolvent.

And remember to zoom out on that map as it goes right around the world. :lol: :lol:

It does but only two of the ones in the States are accurate. The one in the east of the USA, the two in asia and the two in Ukraine seem to be British companies and Google has got confused :huh:

A division of the company I work for is owed £312 by them.

It does but only two of the ones in the States are accurate. The one in the east of the USA, the two in asia and the two in Ukraine seem to be British companies and Google has got confused :huh:

A division of the company I work for is owed £312 by them.

A partner company of the one I left in December is due several thousand. They were paying people off last year (I jumped ship)

:angry:

:(

Edited by pollymac

Anyway, I guess this is getting shelved now?

Six-Star Hotel For Rangers Revamp

Jan 13 2008 By Charles Lavery, Sunday Mail

Exclusive Commonwealth Games Set To Spark Nationwide Cash Bonanza

SCOTLAND’S first six star hotel could be built as part of the £700million New Ibrox development.

It would be one of three hotels in the complex alongside a rebuilt 70,000 – seater stadium.

The luxury hotel plans are inspired by the seven star Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai.

The Burj al-Arab is famous for its distinctive sail design and has 202 two-storey suites.

It has staged tennis matches on a unique platform on its helipad.

A source close to the project said yesterday: “This would be unlike anything Scotland has ever seen.

“It is incredibly ambitious and will stun people when the plans are finally unveiled.”

The Sunday Mail revealed the incredible New Ibrox plan being worked on by Rangers chairman David Murray last week.

Murray has held talks with potential foreign investors over the project, which could mean the ground being renamed like Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.

Derelict housing around the ground would be rebuilt and the complex would include shops.

Rangers confirmed our exclusive story last week and an announcement is expected in the next six weeks.

The £134m potential debt figure revealed in the Duff and Phelps report does not include liabilities to employees, including the playing staff whose contracts revert to their original terms on 1 June.

If these playing staff contracts are to be honoured, the potential £134m liability will rise by a further significant amount.

BBC Scotland football reporter Alasdair Lamont said the potential debt would be a lot for any buyer of the club to take on. ohmy.gif

For stupidity that comment from Alasdair (please take me seriously, because I do) Lamont must rank highly in the Chic Young category.

Edited by thelegendthatis

How can anyone argue that Scottish football needs these cheating, thieving basturds? :unsure:

They can, because they profit from it. Simple as that.

As an addition to the current debt, people might want to consider that Murray (in his own words) wrote off (or rather LBG ultimately have now written off) £100m of debt via MIH and that the club also banked another £95m or thereabouts from a number of short-changing deals involving ENIC, NTL and Dave King (chuckle). All of this is since 1997.

So, anyone arguing that Scottish football needs Rangers would need to explain, certainly to me, exactly why we need a club that has been bankrolled from external sources over 15 years to the tune of around £330m.

Read that again:

£330,000,000.

In 15 years.

They can, because they profit from it. Simple as that.

As an addition to the current debt, people might want to consider that Murray (in his own words) wrote off (or rather LBG ultimately have now written off) £100m of debt via MIH and that the club also banked another £95m or thereabouts from a number of short-changing deals involving ENIC, NTL and Dave King (chuckle). All of this is since 1997.

So, anyone arguing that Scottish football needs Rangers would need to explain, certainly to me, exactly why we need a club that has been bankrolled from external sources over 15 years to the tune of around £330m.

Read that again:

£330,000,000.

In 15 years.

Also:

How much money did that £330m or so enable them to cheat out of the SPL/SFA/Uefa/Your Team/European Teams?

Must amount to a decent whack. Certainly they earn £20m or so more in a CL season than one without.

£400m all told?

Aye, we all need a team like that.