Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think that the contracts were renegotiated with clauses such as being allowed to leave at the end of the season if a club offers a minimum price.

But were the wages not deferred, meaning that the players would still be looking for their full wages to be re-imbursed at a later date? It could be that in the contracts the player gets a cut of the deal equivalent to what they were owed in deferred wages.

As a side note, if a company in administration was owed money by another person or company, wouldnt the administrators be looking to get that money back so as to help reduce the debt? If then the EBTs are loans and in effect the club is owed money back from these loans to players etc, shouldn't H&D be trying to call in these debts?

Edited by PeeTeeJag

I think that the contracts were renegotiated with clauses such as being allowed to leave at the end of the season if a club offers a minimum price.

But were the wages not deferred, meaning that the players would still be looking for their full wages to be re-imbursed at a later date? It could be that in the contracts the player gets a cut of the deal equivalent to what they were owed in deferred wages.

As a side note, if a company in administration was owed money by another person or company, wouldnt the administrators be looking to get that money back so as to help reduce the debt? If then the EBTs are loans and in effect the club is owed money back from these loans to players etc, shouldn't H&D be trying to call in these debts?

No 8 I think it was said when I asked the same thing, was that the EBT's were from the Trust and not Rangers.

Re wage deferral tho, does that not make the players creditors inspite of amended contracts?

If then the EBTs are loans and in effect the club is owed money back from these loans to players etc, shouldn't H&D be trying to call in these debts?

Don't wanna rock the boat and show up all the "legends" for what they were, not actually playing for their long standing love of all things Rangers like the fans believe laugh.gif

Politically, he can hardly be seen to say anything other then he hopes for a CVA at this stage.

He didn't say that he hoped for a CVA though...he said he thought everybody in Scotland wants Rangers to get a CVA and move onwards as the club they are now. Massive difference and nothing could be further from the truth. He should stick to speaking for himself and Dunfermline instead of the whole nation.

No 8 I think it was said when I asked the same thing, was that the EBT's were from the Trust and not Rangers.

Re wage deferral tho, does that not make the players creditors inspite of amended contracts?

And if they become creditors, does it push the current HMRC share of the debt below 25% when we reach the end of the deferred period? is this why Haudit and Daudit are stringing this out? How legal would such a move be?

After a bit of googling it appears that Murray set up a trust which rangers paid into. He did this with his other companies. The Trust then pays out to the players as "loans". So technically rangers didnt pay the players through EBTs, the trust did. blink.gif

And if the players or club officials havent paid anything back for 5 years and the Trust hasnt chased it up then the debt is wiped out.

Edited by PeeTeeJag

After a bit of googling it appears that Murray set up a trust which rangers paid into. He did this with his other companies. The Trust then pays out to the players as "loans". So technically rangers didnt pay the players through EBTs, the trust did. blink.gif

which would be a second contract and contravene the SFA/SPL rules would it not ?!

if so......expulsion I'd say.

Interestingly in rangers books they put these payments to the Trust down as a loss, not as just moving money about.

So if rangers have put this money into the Trust surely H&D should be trying to recover the money from the past 5 years that it still has in it's accounts?

A loan from a trust is not a contract from Rangers (or anyone else).

funny that the HMRC don't seem to see it that way.........

Bain himself was quoted as saying his "bonus" was to be paid through the EBT and that all correspondence was to be shredded !

funny that the HMRC don't seem to see it that way.........

Bain himself was quoted as saying his "bonus" was to be paid through the EBT and that all correspondence was to be shredded !

I doubt if HMRC's case is about the rules relating to footballing contracts. That's a different issue.

If it is proven that these payments were in effect wages and bonuses that should have been taxable then HMRC should be going after the players and officials for non payment of taxes as it is their own responsibility to pay their taxes.

Can of worms anyone?

I doubt if HMRC's case is about the rules relating to footballing contracts. That's a different issue.

The HMRC have stated that the see the way Rangers (amongst other football clubs) used the ETB as illegal as it was effectively a "tax free bonus payment for doing their job"

If it is proven that these payments were in effect wages and bonuses that should have been taxable then HMRC should be going after the players and officials for non payment of taxes as it is their own responsibility to pay their taxes.

Can of worms anyone?

not when the players pay tax at source.