Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I still maintain the best post on Rangers Media was earlier in the season when one of the moderators who goes by the name CanadianBacon insisted that all the negative stories about Craig Whyte and Rangers finances in the press were down to an Opus Dei / Catholic Church conspiracy in Scotland laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

542895_388217961218653_100000913569368_1114668_715510400_n.jpg

Perhaps I should clarify,

I didn't mean its a problem for everyone, I am suggesting that the larger teams will fall and the smaller ones will thrive. For many that is a problem but for many it's great, depends who you support.

My general concern is than I wouldn't want to see the SPL become on par with the Welsh leagues, having said that, as a Football fan (and not just a rangers fan), I would love a more competitive league.

I suffer no delusions of grandeur - Rangers suck and have been killed by mismanagement. I still support them though.

And Motherwell posted a very small debt - nothing of massive concern but not 0

Edited by ham89

11/1/86 Rangers v Clydebank 12731

4/1/86 Rangers v Dundee 13954

7/12/85 Rangers v Motherwell 12872

24/4/85 Rangers v Hearts 12913

23/3/85 Rangers v Dundee 9954

2/3/85 Rangers v Dumbarton 8424

2/2/85 Rangers v Morton 14121

15/12/84 Rangers v St Mirren 12763

Ah, but folk couldn't attend due to miners strikes, times were hard so they had to watch a View to a Kill at the cinema instead and... stuff. :rolleyes:

Cool story bro.....

===============

In a financially fucked league with financially fucked clubs that rely upon our travelling support to pay their players wages we have just witnessed suicide, these guys have no interest in scottish football, only in their pals at bheast fc.

======================

Thick as f**k Rangers fans! laugh.gif

Boycotting William Hills.........That'll show 'em boys.

Ive just sent this to Graham Sharpe, William Hill. Edit to suit.

Graham,

It is unfortunate that your organisation should have to bear the brunt of a boycott of any kind through no fault of your own. However we, as supporters of Glasgow Rangers, are left with no choice but to take action into our own hands in defending our Club, which in this case is a boycott of all sponsors of the SFA (Scottish Football Association), including William Hill.

I would therefore request that you cancel my account forthwith. You will soon be aware that this is to be a boycott in substantial numbers.

Rangers Football Club is in a very precarious place at the moment, in that we are in administration, with liquidation looming large on the horizon if we don't get a prefferred bidder in the next few days. Duff & Phelps, the Club administrators, were working flat out to achieve that this week. Part of this is obviously trying to 'sell' the Club to potential buyers. On the eve of that decision the SFA decided to sanction Rangers Football Club with a fine of £160,000 and a YEAR LONG BAN ON SIGNING ANY PLAYERS. Needless to say the 'preferred bidder' process is now in turmoil.

The administrators have described the SFA's actions and timing as "incomprehensible and draconian". They are trying to kill our Club off for WHATEVER reason when we are down and seemingly indefensible. We believe that as long as we have the best fans in the world in the vast numbers we have, we will always be the last and inpenetrable line of defence. I hope you can understand why we are taking this action.

Regards

Loyal member of the Rangers family

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That really does beggar belief!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Perhaps I should clarify,

I didn't mean its a problem for everyone, I am suggesting that the larger teams will fall and the smaller ones will thrive. For many that is a problem but for many it's great, depends who you support.

My general concern is than I wouldn't want to see the SPL become on par with the Welsh leagues, having said that, as a Football fan (and not just a rangers fan), I would love a more competitive league.

More competitive it will be, everyone will now see that cheating will not be tolerated and the playing field will slowly begin to level itself out. You have said as much yourself in this post, larger teams will fall back and wee teams will start to catch up= more competition between more teams.

The small debt being the £500,000 profit we posted for last season?

The figures I see (using salesforce) show a small overall debt.

Regardless I am not sure where you are going with this as I would include Motherwell in the "well run with good prospects" category.....

Graham,

It is fortunate that your organisation should benefit from significant additional business through no additional efforts of your own. We, as supporters of every other Scottish football club and the Scottish national team, are left with no choice but to take action into our own hands in defending the stance of the SFA (Scottish Football Association), which in this case is a transfer of our business to all sponsors of the SFA, including William Hill.

I would therefore request that you open an account for me forthwith. You will soon be aware that this will generate additional business from substantial numbers.

Rangers Football Club is in a very precarious place at the moment, in that they are in administration, with liquidation looming large on the horizon if they don't get a prefferred bidder in the next few days. Duff & Phelps, the Club administrators, were working flat out to achieve that this week. Part of this is obviously trying to 'sell' the Club to potential buyers. On the eve of that decision the SFA justifiably sanctioned Rangers Football Club, for cheating over a prolonged period, with a fine of £160,000 and a YEAR LONG BAN ON SIGNING ANY PLAYERS, who Rangers cant afford to pay anyway. Needless to say the 'preferred bidder' process is thankfully now in turmoil.

The fans of the other Scottish clubs have described the SFA's actions and timing as "sensible and appropriate". They are trying to punish Rangers for JUSTIFIABLE reasons when we are after years of jizzing away money that they did NOT have. We believe that as long as we have they are not dealt with in an appropriate manner, we will be unable to point and laugh loudly. I hope you can understand why we are taking this action.

Regards

The Scottish Football Family

As a Rangers fan..

We can tell that by the need you have for attention by starting your own thread on a subject already running.

THINK ABOUT IT and then calmly respond. We are all (well mostly) adults here, not need to get petty.

Of course being calm and being adult means PUTTING THINGS IN CAPITALS.

So the facts:

The facts are you cheated both the sport and the general public.

Name a league with 1 dominant team that is successful both nationally and internationally. You cant.

So a duopoly is fine but you are worried about a monopoly?

Without a fight, Celtic would (over time) begin to fall in quality. With less media income, there would be cut backs. With less success in Europe, we would have less places and thus hit a downward spiral. For the teams in debt, less media income would be tough on them and for Celtic, although they may avoid debt, they would in time become a shadow of their former self.

I may be wrong but if the tables were turned and Celtic were in Rangers position, I would be a very worried Rangers fan.

You seem to be missing a point that most on here couldn't give a f**k for either side of the OF and would happily see the day when both are put to the sword.

The figures I see (using salesforce) show a small overall debt.

Regardless I am not sure where you are going with this as I would include Motherwell in the "well run with good prospects" category.....

Possible champions league windfall would come under good prospects, no? The same windfall that Rangers missing out on has all but driven in the final nail.

I manage a football club called Horley Town. We play in the Combined Counties League in the South East of England.

It is the same League as Banstead Athletic who were linked with Rangers and apparently Craig Whyte was going to invest £250,000 in Banstead.

Well a bit of irony has occurred. Banstead have just been relegated from our League. They could only field 7 players on Saturday and lost 11-2. The reason all of their players have walked away is they haven’t been paid for over 2 months. They’re all blaming the Chairman for broken promises on wages. Sounds like Rangers and Banstead have a bit in common!!

Taking a step back from the footballing side of things, I think it's about time we sat and looked and what is happening and what could happen because of the mess at Ibrox.

As a Rangers fan, I am livid about the situation and simply feel disgusted that we have been dragged so far into this mess. The punishments from the SFA and SPL have been fair and even, we can't argue against that, but now I do really feel for the rest of the SPL and Scottish football as a whole. Now before I get into this, I am not about to set upon an uneducated "you need us rant" so please, just read what I have to say, THINK ABOUT IT and then calmly respond. We are all (well mostly) adults here, not need to get petty.

No you don't. You don't feel for the rest of the SPL and Scottish football one bit. Having exhausted the "we'll do what we like" and the "we'll get yous at hometime if we don't get our way" line, now you're down to the last resort, the Snowball "But Jones Will Come Back" line, because you have nothing to lose.

Problem is, Scottish football has nothing to lose getting rid of a shower of bill-shirking cheats either.

Should Rangers disappear (either from the SPL or completely), the SPL would face a unique situation. In reality we all know that Sky would either cancel or renegotiate the TV deal. Sky pay for Rangers AND Celtic, it is a fact. Only having one, Sky would most likely slash their fee or simply allow ESPN to take a larger share. Regardless, the SPL as a whole would lose out on media incomes.

Money that the vast majority of SPL clubs, never mind the rest of Scottish football, saw the sum total of f""k all of in comparison to the Old Firm.

Name a league with 1 dominant team that is successful both nationally and internationally. You cant. Without a fight, Celtic would (over time) begin to fall in quality. With less media income, there would be cut backs. With less success in Europe, we would have less places and thus hit a downward spiral. For the teams in debt, less media income would be tough on them and for Celtic, although they may avoid debt, they would in time become a shadow of their former self.

At the other end, however, I do see potential for a great chance. Take Hibs for example. No debt, well run and a great fan base (in the scheme of things). Less media money would obviously mean cutbacks but they are in a great place already. With less competition from the top and the larger (more in debt) teams feeling the pinch, slightly lower (and well run teams) could prosper. Should this occur, the top would fall, the bottom would rise and the league would become closer. Fantastic for many of the clubs in the leagues however the giants tend to stand together and fall together.

I may be wrong but if the tables were turned and Celtic were in Rangers position, I would be a very worried Rangers fan.

So by your own admission, only Celtic would be f**ked ultimately by the Govan half of the Axis of Evil being sent down to Valhalla. So tell us why again the rest of Scottish football should be "worried" about this, rather than holding street parties? :D