Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I believe that it was stated if the clubs membership share to play was transferred then the penalties likewise would travel with it.

If the club is liquidated the penalties die with it.

If the club is bought and saved, even with a CVA or similar, the penalties remain.

2) I kept hearing on the radio today that Rangers could start again in the Third Division as a Newco, and that they would be playing with a team of 17 year olds. The 12 month transfer embargo, like every other sanction, would die if Rangers were liquidated. A Newco would have no such embargo in force against them, nor could the league impose one.

This depends...apparently if Rangers form a 'kind of newco' like the thing Miller was suggesting and simply transfer the SFA/SPL membership as if it were an asset, sanctions applied now would still count - so unless they appealed successfully, as it stands they couldn't sign anyone new. Alternatively if they started again from absolute scratch and applied for a new membership of the SFA and whatever league, no sanctions would apply but then they'd have no claim on previous history, titles etc.

I know why teams do it, I just didn't realise it had to be sanctioned by any authority. I presumed that they just chose to do it and did it.

Perhaps youz should wear a star next year if that was a recognised cup win (Being miserable as yez put the Fife oot!)

This misnomer about 'Scotland needs a strong Rangers', is just that. A misnomer. Why weren't we being told this by all and sundry two years ago when the Old firm were champing at the bit to get out and leave us diddy clubs behind to wallow in it? Did any Rangers (or indeed Celtic) fans care then about what Scottish football needed? Nope. They catered to their own needs.....yet now, we're being told that Rangers are some sort of force for good, a saving grace in Scottish football. So what's changed in two years that Rangers are all of a sudden defenders of the faith for the Scottish game that simply didn't exist in the collective mindset not more than 2 years ago? Hmmmm, let me think. In crude terms, it's 5 to 3 in the morning, you're not going to get the stunner, so you'll play it safe by shacking up with the munter you always turn to when you're down on your luck.

Well f**k off, our legs are no for opening.

I had believed all the registered junior teams were signatories as well - prove me wrong

93 signatories, close wae 92

THE Scottish Football Association member clubs today unanimously backed chief executive Stewart Regan's radical overhaul of the governing body.

• Stewart Regan after the meeting at Hampden today. Picture: SNS

All 93 clubs voted to implement all of his proposals in full at the SFA's annual general meeting at Hampden.

Among the the main changes proposed by Regan are:

• The SFA board will be reduced from eleven to seven, including an independent board member, and will focus on matters of "corporate strategy and top-line decision-making".

• The committee structure will be collapsed.

• Disciplinary procedures will be rewritten and a new judicial panel will be convened. This will be semi-autonomous from the SFA for purposes of transparency.

• Two new operational boards will be created underneath the main SFA board - the professional game board and non-professional game board.

• In four years time, the second vice presidency role will disappear, replaced by a second independent board member.

My link

Why don't the muppet administrators just give the club to Miller. They seem hell bent on waiting until the Blue Knights get their act together.

Would hazard a guess that (going on media figures) it's because the chances of either bid securing a CVA are between slim and none. They either play for time to get in a better bid or liquidate at the end of the season.

Couple of points which may have been covered...

1) When Airdrieonians went into liquidation they reformed as Airdrie United (a Newco). They applied to join the SFL and were refused, as the SFL said they wanted to send out a message that clubs simply couldn't go bankrupt, wipe out their debt and start again debt free. 10 years on this very ploy is being touted by many in the media as an option for Rangers. Do they rewrite the rules when it's a 'big' team involved? Why should Rangers do what Airdrie were explicitly forbidden from doing?

2) I kept hearing on the radio today that Rangers could start again in the Third Division as a Newco, and that they would be playing with a team of 17 year olds. The 12 month transfer embargo, like every other sanction, would die if Rangers were liquidated. A Newco would have no such embargo in force against them, nor could the league impose one.

1) Airdrie United however was set up by people that had nothing to do with the previous clowns that ran Airdrie into the ground and bankrupted it (technically Airdrieonians and Airdrie United are different clubs), so in no way could what they did be considered similar to what Rangers are hoping to do, which is ex-board members under Murray (the guy to blame for 99% of the current farrago) coming back to take over the existing club, transfer everything bar the debts into I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Rangers, "kill" the "real" Rangers, and start again debt free but with all the goodies, and tough titty to their creditors.

Or to be concise, what Rangers plan to do is several hundred times worse than Ballantyne and co's original scheme.

What may have did it for Airdrie is the disgraceful behaviour of their fans at their last game against Ayr, which probably put enough on the SFL into a "screw them, keep them out" frame of mind when it came to the vote. Timing is everything, and something Rangers and their fans ought to consider when they're issuing threats to burn down Raith Rovers and anyone that dares criticise them. They are in no position to dictate to anyone.

2) They've already been told that the embargo will go to any zombie club, no matter what division they get in. If they get in.

Would hazard a guess that (going on media figures) it's because the chances of either bid securing a CVA are between slim and none. They either play for time to get in a better bid or liquidate at the end of the season.

It could be that they're really playing for time until tomorrow's match is done and dusted and there's no danger of the orcs trashing Celtic Park in a final act of sulky rage (the bill for which would come out of what's left to liquidate, and heaven forbid that mean there's not enough for their own fee). Once that's done, they'll declare "games a bogey", end of Rangers.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Who paid for the police and stewards today, surely it is not the taxpayers again paying for error of this club again ?

Well yes and no, obviously tax payers will cover the cost of policing and I do feel that it was a frivolous to have such a march, but in the grand scheme of things I do feel that the right to protest should be upheld.

My link

So looking at the pics of the march it all becomes clear.

130 bears took one for the team and D+P are stalling till they get paid out and save ra Gers.

More importantly, note that KFC were found culpable of the no doubt negligent actions of one or more individuals. Rightly so as they were employed by and representing KFC. Ring any bells Rangers ?

If the club is liquidated the penalties die with it.

If the club is bought and saved, even with a CVA or similar, the penalties remain.

It was confirmed in the press that the penalty stays with the member share, so will remain if they transfer to a newco. the press may be incorrect but I don't think Rangers would be quite so angry if that were

the case.

Notice a Scottish retail site quote the following figures

There are 960,000 Rangers fans in Scotland, making it the biggest fan base of any club.

Research conducted by Sportswise a few years ago suggested more than 50% of the 40,000 fans going to a home match spent £10 or more in a pub pre-match while a further 70,000 fans watched the match from the pub.

So that's near 1 million just in Scotland, 100,000 watching in the ground or pub....probably double if you include home viewers

With groups travelling today from London & Blackpool etc and from the pictures a lot of complete families going along

......isn't 6-7000 fans turning up today ( not even close to 1% of fans ) a bit crap and not fitting of guys e-mailing that they are not able to be there but are weeping at the sight of such a massive protest ?

Only a few year ago 40,000 turned up to see Ian Durrant's reserve team comeback

6-7000 with probably only about 5000 from Glasgow (population 600,000) bothering to turn up

Just asking