Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SPL meeting adjourned until next month.

Can anyone remember the last time a decision from the SPL wasn't delayed at least once?

Jesus wept!

Why are they doing this? Surely they must offer some form of explanation. Let the speculation begin....

Can anyone remember the last time a decision from the SPL wasn't delayed at least once?

Really?

Deary me, if true, that is utter avoidance. I mean I can understand why, but it seems a bit cowardly and the cynic in me suggests they are wanting to delay the decision until Rangers are either bought over or liquidated. The problem is that with every postponement of the SPL decision the bidders for Rangers are going to ask for a delay on their bids. It just becomes a vicious circle.

Apparently re-convening next Monday.

Expect a statement from Haudit & daudit that the delay is unacceptable and will jeopardise their sale of Rangers, in exact opposite of the SFA decision a couple of weeks ago not being delayed and jeopardising their excellent attempts to sell Rangers.

Chris McLaughlin ‏ @BBCchrismclaug

Financial fair play meeting adjourned until May #SPL

Neil Doncaster says clubs wanted more time for clarity #SPL

We don't want to be blamed for Rangers being liquidated,
so we'll wait and see if they'll just f**k off before making any decisions
that would result in death threats to all of our members

Edited by Spain

We could all jump to our own conclusions. Mine is that Sandy Jardine and a couple of tattooed Bears were waiting for them in the car park.

We rumble on, and on, and on. Deadlines, improved offers, adjourned meetings, deadlines, clarity, court cases, threats, delays....

Worst. Administration. Ever.

Jesus wept!

Why are they doing this? Surely they must offer some form of explanation. Let the speculation begin....

Prevarication - they are hoping that either Rangers are a Newco or have a CVA agreed before they have to make the decision. Make no mistake Rangers or New Rangers will be in the SPL next season - all they are doing here is waiting to see what punishment they can dish out that will stop them winning the title for a couple of years unless Lennon makes a total arse of it and then say to their own fans that they have punished the bad team.

I fear you are correct.

As I've just posted, this could be the day that effectively ends my love affair with senior football in Scotland. I'm actually feeling a bit sick thinking about it.

I've felt that way for a while actually given the predictability of it all. Today should just reaffirm it unfortunately. Still, at least I've a number of close by English clubs to chose from to go along to watch instead of driving up the M6 or listening to games on BBC Glasgow. Having been part weened off the SPL 'match day experience' for a while, the withdrawal symptoms won't be as bad as others.

We don't want to be blamed for Rangers being liquidated,
so we'll wait and see if they'll just f**k off before making any decisions
that would result in death threats to all of our members

Aye, that's about the size of it.

We could all jump to our own conclusions. Mine is that Sandy Jardine and a couple of tattooed Bears were waiting for them in the car park.

We rumble on, and on, and on. Deadlines, improved offers, adjourned meetings, deadlines, clarity, court cases, threats, delays....

Worst Best. Administration. Ever.

FFS

OK revised prediction time, Rangers will die before or after Thatcher?

If they were both to die the same day I would party that much I'd probably make it a threesome.

(Actually the thought of a threesome involving Thatcher and Rangers is terrible).

That's bollocks.

They've had, what, 2 - 3 weeks to get clarity?

The clarity they sought concerned the TV deal. How long does it take to have your legal representatives read over the small print?

This is a stalling tactic - plain and simple. The diddies should have marched in there and laid it on the line that they weren't accepting all the proposals. Piss poor, if predictable, outcome from the meeting today.

Seemingly some Chairmen were threatening to abstain. If so, perhaps they couldn't get the required majority?

Abstain? Why for God's sake. They must have worked out which way they were going to vote by now. It's not as if the subject hasn't been spoken about.

That said, perhaps we should look on the bright side and assume that the reason for wanting more clarification was that the points detailed were not clear enough and may have allowed Rangers to wriggle through a loophole.