Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dundee Utd certainly weren't in the John Knox Proddy League 'cause it was constructed back when everyone still thought they were a heavy duty tarrier club.

They sold their soul to the Ian Paisley Free Protestant Democrats, when they gave "Housty" a job.

Baxter is correct. I was TUPEd recently and signed nothing - my originial contract was effectively re-assigned.

Maybe but you aren't playing in a competition where all player contracts have to be registered with the governing body. Should newco try to play players using contracts signed by oldco they will soon find themselves with a 0-3 loss every week. Most people don't give a damn about who their employer is as long as they have a job. Players however get nice things like signing-on fees and improved wage conditions so they would be stupid to stay on out of so-called "loyalty" for a club they have played for for perhaps a couple of years and who would sell them on if it was in the club's interest.

Although they would then just invite Falkirk instead...

More likely reinterpret the rules to keep Dunfermline up, but worth a go anyway. Falkirk would be in the same position as Dundee, or Dunfermline have been this season, losing virtually every week. A fourteen team SPL would give everyone a meaningful contest, without getting into a ridiculous amount of debt to try to compete.

Edited by welshbairn

Maybe but you aren't playing in a competition where all player contracts have to be registered with the governing body. Should newco try to play players using contracts signed by oldco they will soon find themselves with a 0-3 loss every week. Most people don't give a damn about who their employer is as long as they have a job. Players however get nice things like signing-on fees and improved wage conditions so they would be stupid to stay on out of so-called "loyalty" for a club they have played for for perhaps a couple of years and who would sell them on if it was in the club's interest.

I hope this doesn't turn into some sort of restraint of trade issue...

Maybe but you aren't playing in a competition where all player contracts have to be registered with the governing body.

Yes, I never said I was.

I just corrected an error in thinking. You do not have to sign a new contract when TUPEd from one company to another.

I dont think thats how it would pan out though. If the SFA and SPL accept the newco and the share transfer then the player registrations would also transfer over. In the same way that the transfer embargo etc would apply to any newco

On that subject, why havent we heard the outcome of the appeal against the SFA 'punishments'?

More likely reinterpret the rules to keep Dunfermline up, but worth a go anyway. Falkirk would be in the same position as Dundee, or Dunfermline have been this season, losing virtually every week. A fourteen team SPL would give everyone a meaningful contest, without getting into a ridiculous amount of debt to try to compete.

I think the SPL would rather have a Dundee derby than keep Dunfermline up.

It's a fair point, and I agree it would keep the bottom more meaningful, as I suspect a fully prepared SPL County would be streets ahead of an unprepared Dundee (much like we were this season anyway). But what may seem like sense to you and I, would probably not meet the approval of the conservative moneymen in the SPL.

Wicca's a bit too modern for us, coff.

Every time I go to Dingwall I imagine I can hear Edward Woodward shouting "In the name of Christ, no!" as he's dragged to a burning wickerman.

At least, I think I'm imagining it...

Isn't it about time D&P took to doing what they do best and make a deadline for all this, or at least the SPL should.?

Nobody seems to care that other SPL clubs will need to know whether or not they're going to get 2 visits from Rangers or not so they can set their budget for 2012-2013.

As for Dundee, well they are just sitting there bemused, err someone want to tell us where we are playing next season?

I'm sure they would quite like to speak to current players whos contracts end and sign a few guys too.

I know Falkirk started planning for next season some weeks ago so we are around a month ahead of Dundee and that's not fair.

Are you serious? Dundee went for broke and started signing 'emergency players' during the course of last season - Carl Finnigan anyone? Who also ended up scoring against us and putting our challenge to bed. Dundee are as crooked as Rangers, if not worse if that's possible; bending a rule if there's one to bend. Emergency signings I ask you! Did they not have a bench full of strikers already?? So Falkirk are ahead of Dundee in the planning process and so be it. If Dundee are fucked for budgetting 'best case scenarios' then they'll get whats coming. Scumbags.

Edited by GunnerBairn

Always figured you lot to be Seventh Day Adventists or Jehovah Witness. never Proddys.

To be honest, there's definitely more protestants than catholics up here, but it's not really an issue. Nobody cares up here apart from the dirty weegies that all moved up to work on the oil rigs. It's all pretty much undiscussed up here. We all go to the one school no matter what. In saying that, there's probably more athiests than both put together. Anyway, back to the topic in hand...

Edited by Spain

I hope this doesn't turn into some sort of restraint of trade issue...

It wouldnt, they can trade and employ whoever they like. They just can't register them to play. It's a condition of participation in the competition.

Can't still be like Whiskey Galore up there? are The Corries still no.1 in the highland and islands charts.

Oh dear....

What are these charts you speak of - they sound like they involve reading and writing :ph34r: