Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I especially liked:

"But the next 48 hours could be cruci... Ach, who am I kidding? You've heard the same old s*** since day one." 8)

also

Craig Whyte?

Every time I see him now, I see Trading Places. Some weird experimental bet.

Him sitting in Monaco with some other scheming rich kid, debating how quickly it would be possible to destroy a national institution.

great comparison :D

Neil McCann before kick off in the Celtic v Hearts game: 'This new guy needs to sit down and make his first priority keeping hold of McGregor, Naismith, Davis, Aluko and the rest, otherwise Celtic will win the league for a few years...'

Nearly fell aff the setteee when I heard Phil McCann spout that bullshit.

Unbelievable

The power of this thread has to be acknowledged as I can't be the only one that feels united with fellow football fans regardless of which Club we support.

post-26673-0-30800200-1336910563_thumb.j

we've bonded guys ! beerchug.gif

More importantly when are they getting stripped of all the trophies they won through their cheating?

Idiots like McCann are endemic to our game. Old firm apologists and sychophants without an ounce of integrity as they pick up pay cheque after pay cheque for knowing the square route of f**k all.

To be fair, he's a football player. And a former Rangers football player. What can you really expect? I'm only surprised he didn't some try and crowbar Brian Laudrup's name into things.

Nearly fell aff the setteee when I heard Phil McCann spout that bullshit.

Unbelievable

image of sniffer dugs :P

Thought Davis is Southampton bound?

The power of this thread has to be acknowledged as I can't be the only one that feels united with fellow football fans regardless of which Club we support.

post-26673-0-30800200-1336910563_thumb.j

we've bonded guys ! beerchug.gif

One thing for sure, this thread in particular and P&B in general have done more for harmony in Scotland than any laws introduced by the Scottish parliament. :D

Rangers fans wondering why there are only around 1000 St Johnstone fans there and this is why they need them.

I suspect St Johnstone fans are are like the rest of us sick of Rangers and can't stomach going to the game.

Most people are wisely wary of seriously wounded animals as you never know who they will strike out at so are probably just giving it a miss.

Strange that 2000 of their regular support wouldn't fancy watching their team try to compete with a Rangers side they know they shouldn't be able to afford to field.

One thing for sure, this thread in particular and P&B in general have done more for harmony in Scotland than any laws introduced by the Scottish parliament. :D

The reason supporters of different clubs have come together on this is very simple - we are able to look at this with a fair degree of objectivity, and we are standing together as an antidote to the 'we need Rangers or we will all die' brigade... especially the ones who are still concerned that this unfortunate business at Ibrox might harm their chances of romping to trophies and the latter stages of the Champions League.

Aside from that of course, we have enjoyed standing shoulder to shoulder and fcuking pissing our pants laughing at the poor cnuts.

The reason supporters of different clubs have come together on this is very simple - we are able to look at this with a fair degree of objectivity, and we are standing together as an antidote to the 'we need Rangers or we will all die' brigade... especially the ones who are still concerned that this unfortunate business at Ibrox might harm their chances of romping to trophies and the latter stages of the Champions League.

Aside from that of course, we have enjoyed standing shoulder to shoulder and fcuking pissing our pants laughing at the poor cnuts.

slight amendment tongue.gif

Rangers fans wondering why there are only around 1000 St Johnstone fans there and this is why they need them.

I suspect St Johnstone fans are are like the rest of us sick of Rangers and can't stomach going to the game.

Most people are wisely wary of seriously wounded animals as you never know who they will strike out at so are probably just giving it a miss.

Strange that 2000 of their regular support wouldn't fancy watching their team try to compete with a Rangers side they know they shouldn't be able to afford to field.

I believe your analysis is correct. Hopefully the St Johnstone Chairman will also realise this.

From bbc ticker thang

1. 1317: Charles Green: "There are 20 individuals and families who have pledged support. That support is evidenced by cash in a bank account that the administrators have had sight of.

"The money is ring-fenced exclusively for the purchase of Rangers.
    "I'm not prepared to name names today because there are a number of reasons that influence how the business goes forward and who the individuals are in that business."
  2. 1316: Some more quotes from Charles Green that are on the Rangers website: "There are some investors from the UK, there are some investors from the Middle East and there are some investors from Asia and from the Far East.
    "The reason I have selected some of these people is that in those areas they have fantastic connections and my vision for Rangers is to develop the brand in those areas.
    "In Indonesia, Hong Kong, China the demand for football in insatiable and I believe this club, one of the world's leading football names, would benefit from exposure out there.
    "The interest of the investor pool is not to walk around and have photo shoots to develop images. They want to do it for the right reasons. We have got a great set of names.

So 'ringfenced' only then????

Edited by wunfellaff

Charles Green: "There are 20 individuals and families who have pledged support. That support is evidenced by cash in a bank account that the administrators have had sight of.

"The money is ring-fenced exclusively for the purchase of Rangers.

"I'm not prepared to name names today because there are a number of reasons that influence how the business goes forward and who the individuals are in that business."

So not much chance of due diligence on the backers. This could be drug or prostitution money for all we know. :ph34r:

So not much chance of due diligence on the backers. This could be drug or prostitution money for all we know. :ph34r:

Fair enough, if I had that sort of wedge that is exactly what I'd be spending it on 8)