Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Question for the thread's financial/leagal experts.

It was previously determined by the court that Ticketus (remember them?) did not have preferred creditor status but were an ordinary creditor of Rangers to the tune of about £27 million. Ignoring the outcome of the BTC, that could make them a key player in deciding whether or not to accept a CVA.

Subsequent to that they have sued Craig Whyte as they claim he had signed personal guarantees for this amount. Therefore, can they still claim to be a creditor of Rangers?

I know senior people in HMRC who have been telling me this for 4 or 5 years.........but its still not happened. So I'm not holding my breath.

Hmm....I can only go on what I've been told.

Think SFA dossier - think widespread publicity - think very dim view - think needing to be seen to do the right thing.

Kincardine.

He was no mate, I happened to work with him.

I will post my experiences as I see fit ,

I have never heard of the SDL selling their papers at any other club.

If Your best response is personal insults bring it on.

P.s Am i on the boycott list?

If they propose a CVA and the creditors turn round and say no thanks, what happens next? Immediate liquidation?

If the club does liquidate, who decides what price the assets can be sold at? Would players under contract command a transfer fee or would they be free to go the minute the club was wound up?

Most cva's are agreed before the creditors meeting. There's a fair bit of negotiation done beforehand and can be done after the meeting to reach agreement. It would be a pre-pack liquidation where the assests are sold to a newco prior to the old co going into liquidation.

Think SFA dossier - think widespread publicity - think very dim view - think needing to be seen to do the right thing.

The HMRC will not agree to a CVA. Forget EBT'S, Craig Whyte's action subsequent to the takeover has ensured this. The document released by the SFA midweek confirms that he bought the club over then told the company's financial controller to stop paying PAYE and VAT. This continued up to February when he was forced to put the club into administration before they did.

If the HMRC allows people to buy large businesses, stop paying their taxes for six months plus, then agrees to accepting a few pence in the pound then the HMRC are fucked.

Edited by Granny Danger

It was previously determined by the court that Ticketus (remember them?) did not have preferred creditor status but were an ordinary creditor of Rangers to the tune of about £27 million. Ignoring the outcome of the BTC, that could make them a key player in deciding whether or not to accept a CVA.

Subsequent to that they have sued Craig Whyte as they claim he had signed personal guarantees for this amount. Therefore, can they still claim to be a creditor of Rangers?

I'm sure they are calling in the personal guarantee that he gave them so that would run in parallel with their claim as a creditor. (which is based on a clip art invoice)

Edited by AND180Y

If you were owed 27 million, would you accept one tenth of that figure, especially if the club could continue trading and presumably resume selling season tickets after you had lost a packet, effectively rubbing your face right in it?

I'd tell them to f*** off, put the p***ks out the game and take my chances with liquidation.

I believe it requires 75% of the creditors to agree for the deal to go through. On a pound-by-bound basis, either Ticketus or HMRC can (and most probably will) block it.

Edited by ebeneezer

Admitting to withholding PAYE, NI and VAT as a tactic against the HMRC while they had the funds available. Not going to go down well..

HMRC winning the Big Tax case would be akin to the sentence handed down to Bernie Madoff. Symbolic, but of little real benefit.

Guest Kincardine

I will post my experiences as I see fit ,

Sure. You're welcome to - it's an open forum. You're mate/colleague is still a fanny and you're still a fanny for think the views of one fanny is representative.

I have never heard of the SDL selling their papers at any other club.

I don't know who the SDL are. Who are they and where do they sell paper?

P.s Am i on the boycott list?

Don't flatter yourself.

Sure. You're welcome to - it's an open forum. You're mate/colleague is still a fanny and you're still a fanny for think the views of one fanny is representative.

I don't know who the SDL are. Who are they and where do they sell paper?

Don't flatter yourself.

Hoi, dickhead. The season's over. Third division forum for you now. :angry:

Guest Kincardine

Hoi, dickhead. The season's over. Third division forum for you now. :angry:

When was the season over ya walloper? Ask Hearts and Hibs fans if you're right.