Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I get what you are saying, as fans we may consider it to be same old Rangers, but to HMRC it wouldn't be the 140 year old The Rangers Football Club.

I don't see why we should. once they're dead, they're dead.

The most laudable thing Green said was that we'd never be in debt again - and the vast majority of us would welcome that.

If so then that's damning with very faint praise. Every business has debt. Every business has trade creditors, the taxman etc, many more have director creditors also. Rangers, like every other club, will always be in debt!

Lots of Gers fans see this as a distinct possibility. Nothing surprising about this.

No sane fan wants us to run at a loss. The most laudable thing Green said was that we'd never be in debt again - and the vast majority of us would welcome that.

Green didn't say he'd raise a billion. The article was in the Sun (and has since been changed) but what he said was something like he'll try and raise as much money as possible. If he could raise a billion then he would. This then became a "Green promises £1BN" from the papers. I hope you see the difference.

What most Gers fans want is for as much debt as possible to be repaid and for our club to keep going and living within our means. If this means starting in SFL3 and trying to work our way up the leagues then many of us will accept it.

Yes i am aware of the difference between Greens words and how they were displayed to the world in a tabloid - just try standing up at a meeting or demo of Rangers fans come December when out the league cup, sitting 6th in league and in danger of being in bottom half and denying Sky/ESPN their 4OF game of season due to football results, and the prospect of a 2nd transfer window where you are allowed to register nobody over 18. Can I watch as you stand up and explain 'I know it was in the paper but they just kind of paraphrased to make a good headline'.

Please forward on which ward you will end up in, I will send some sour Green Grapes for you to suck on.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Can't help but think that, during all this time, the legal eagles at the SFA/SPL are trawling articles, rules etc to find a way out of all this.

Expecting: In article/rule Z4/ sub y52/ appendix p154/18.3/5a, or some such shite. Nothing to see here, move along.

Maybe I'm being a tad pessimistic though.

.... but there is no realistic mechanism for harnessing that consensus to make it heard. The survey was fine but burned out quickly. Opposition is fragmented and for most the only tangible protest is threatening to not renew your season ticket - so to punish Rangers you have to punish your own club which obviously means many are not willing to take that step.

What I don't understand is why have other Supporters Groups not followed DST lead and released a statement. Why haven't various supporters groups got in touch with each other and released a joint statement? These kind of things would get publicity and give some coverage to what appears to be the majority view in Scottish Football. Until there is some co-ordinated response the media can continue their "too big, too important" bullshit

What I don't understand is why have other Supporters Groups not followed DST lead and released a statement. Why haven't various supporters groups got in touch with each other and released a joint statement? These kind of things would get publicity and give some coverage to what appears to be the majority view in Scottish Football. Until there is some co-ordinated response the media can continue their "too big, too important" bullshit

Beat up to phuck for too many years? Feelings of despair and hopelessness? Victims find it difficult to voice their opinion, the average poster on here is right up for it and sees the picture in front of them. The majority of "fans" are not, they watch the news on the Beeb and hear that RFC have been bought so all is well and good, nothing to see here etc etc.

Blogs and forums are keeping this honest.

Guest Kincardine

Yes i am aware of the difference between Greens words and how they were displayed to the world in a tabloid - just try standing up at a meeting or demo of Rangers fans come December when out the league cup, sitting 6th in league and in danger of being in bottom half and denying Sky/ESPN their 4OF game of season due to football results, and the prospect of a 2nd transfer window where you are allowed to register nobody over 18.

If come December we're out of the league cup and sitting 6th in the SPL while having a sigining embargo then that will be a result.

Most of would accept this as a great outcome.

No sane fan wants us to run at a loss. The most laudable thing Green said was that we'd never be in debt again - and the vast majority of us would welcome that.

Not particualrly aimed at you but how does this square with a huge percentage of the support and our broadcasting chums talking about retaining all the current squad despite the fact it seems clear in the SFA document that if rangers were paying proper taxes they would not be able to afford the monthly wage bill conservatively estimated at 2 million per month?

Guest Kincardine

If so then that's damning with very faint praise. Every business has debt. Every business has trade creditors, the taxman etc, many more have director creditors also. Rangers, like every other club, will always be in debt!

This is just rubbish. Sure, all businesses have trade creditors and trade debtors. This just reflects normal trading patterns. However, to say "Every business has debt" is just rubbish

This is just rubbish. Sure, all businesses have trade creditors and trade debtors. This just reflects normal trading patterns. However, to say "Every business has debt" is just rubbish

Jeez, do you need someone to help you work that out? :wacko::1eye

If come December we're out of the league cup and sitting 6th in the SPL while having a sigining embargo then that will be a result.

Hope you are correct - Hope the majority are as reasonable as yourself - the viewing on the various Rangers forums would suggest otherwise

Edited by MEADOWXI

Guest Kincardine

Not particualrly aimed at you but how does this square with a huge percentage of the support and our broadcasting chums talking about retaining all the current squad despite the fact it seems clear in the SFA document that if rangers were paying proper taxes they would not be able to afford the monthly wage bill conservatively estimated at 2 million per month?

I've never heard anyone say we can retain all the current squad. In fact I've heard/read fans saying more like "which high-earners can we offload to balance the books?"

Obviously there are 'senior' players we'd like to retain. Aluko, Naismith and Bocanegra are top of the list.

Edu, Goian, Whittaker and Lafferty are high-earners that many fans would ditch. Davis divides opinion.

The point is that there's a degree of reasonableness amongst our fans. (bet you've never read that sentence before) and we know we have to cut costs.

The amount of debt a business chooses to have is irrelevant, it's whether or not you can service it that counts. In fitba, most clubs have debt and pay the interest as a cost, most have a guarantor in place - the owner usually. Can get precarious but, in most cases, it's usually manageable. RFC have debts that they have chosen not to service and can not service now. These include but are not limited to taxes. Last count by the admins was about £140m and rising.

That's optimistic in the extreme IMO. Not the league placing, that would be excellent with the sanctions you would be faced with, but do you really thing the majority of Rangers fan would be happy with that under any circumstances? I was on the bus beside some Rangers fan on Sunday, and they were saying nothing less than top was acceptable in any circumstances, and they seemed like fairly reasonable guys :unsure:

Edited by Kyle

That's optimistic in the extreme IMO. Not the league placing, that would be excellent with the sanctions you would be faced with, but do you really thing the majority of Rangers fan would be happy with that under any circumstances? I was on the bus beside some Rangers fan on Sunday, and they were saying nothing less than top was acceptable in any circumstances, and they seemed like fairly reasonable guys :unsure:

I remember this thread when it was all fun and laughter with hope and joy . Now look at it sad.gif

Guest Kincardine

Assuming we're a going concern come the start of the new season (which is still in doubt) then there are lots of permutations:

We could be in the SPL with points sanctions and a signing embargo. In this case a Top 6 by December is a result.

We could in the SPL with no points sanctions and a signing embargo. In this case a Top 6 by December is still a result.

We could be in SF3 with a signing embargo.

We could be in SF3 with no signing embargo.

The least likely outcome is that we're in the SPL with no points deduction, no signing embargo and a 'war-chest' to sign new players. This is the only way we'll be on top next season and most fans I know regard this as utter fantasy.