Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Alison Robbie@AlisonRobbie "Charles Green says contract with Craig Whyte to take his #Rangers shares will terminate if CVA can't be agreed"

This was already suspected but good to get some confirmation. Means Whyte will likely be making more than a £1 profit after all!

Gawd noohmy.gif. Will this mean Whyte being dragged through the courts again as Green tries to get his money back.

That Neil Lennon quote from a few pages ago isn't something you guys should get quite so excited about. He can't say what we all think (whether he thinks it or not, no idea what his opinion is), he'd just whip up controversy and get yet more demonisation from the likes of Traynor, and more death threats. I doubt he has any idea what way our board will vote on the matter, as it is really nothing to do with him any more than it is anything to do with Gary Hooper or you or I. Finally, he is quoted as saying the exact same thing about Punch (properly this time laugh.gif) a week earlier. Don't know what went wrong in the quoting of it yesterday, but sheesh, calm down.

It's a non-committal platitude, as he dodges the question. Not that I trust our board to do the right thing here, of course, but I'd be more interested in what Lawwell (or Desmond or Bankier, the latter of whom has said nothing about anything since taking office) says on the matter than Lenny.

Season ticket renewals deadline for us was today, I suspect they'll be down quite a bit because of the lack of clarity and suspicion about our intent here.

Edited by deerokus

Call me a traditionalist but I'm going for:

A whole cooked lobster, a bottle of champagne and a packet of Tena-ladies.

We have a winner.

Graham Spiers actually bought a box of truffles (presumably the chocolates, though I haven't had this confirmed) and a bottle of champagne. Now it seems he was either heading off to David Murray's mansion for some succulent lamb to complete the menu for a truly romantic banquet., or we have ourselves an upper class equivalent to jelly and ice-cream.

Truffles and champagne when Rangers die.

Edited by vikingTON

FFS! You come in from an honest day's graft and there's 15 pages to catch up on from last night!

Must have been a quiet day then 8)

So, for the benefit of us 9-5ers, what has happened?

Only 15 pages ! I logged on this afternoon and went through 25+ and ended up burning my dinner coz this thread is so addictive :D

The voice of reason

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/joanburnie/2012/05/there-are-more-important-issues-than-ran.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyRecord%2FJoanBurnie+%28The+Daily+Record+-+Joan+Burnie%29

There are more important issues than Rangers saga

By Joan Burnie on May 18, 12 07:20 AM in I HAVE a dream. But it is one that is more impossible than winning the Lotto or finding out I'm sharing the duvet with George Clooney.

I want to wake up one morning and find there is nothing whatsoever in the paper, or on the news, about Glasgow Rangers.

Not a single peep, speculation, Sir Galahad of any colour, Lord Moneybags or Tycoon Charlie.

I am sick of an entirely pathetic, boring, drawn-out saga. Despite the number of words written and spoken about it, it is nothing - a mere pimple on the back side of the real news that is happening out there.

The fate of the euro matters.

The trial of Ratko Mladic.

This endless recession.

The sky-high unemployment figures. The Government's attack on the most vulnerable in society.

Even our crazy weather - all of them, and an awful lot else, matter infinitely more than the fate of one poxy football club.

It's gone bust. It can't pay its bills. End of.

So why don't they just padlock the Ibrox gates, sell off the assets and pay at least some of the debts - not least to the little people who are owed money?

They're the ones who are really suffering - not the fans who have more-or-less happily allowed themselves to be diddled, as well as deluded, for years by their beloved club.

I also give you Clinton Cards. They have now gone into administration, too.

Thousands of ordinary people are likely to lose their living, there will be yet another big hole in our high streets as its shops close down.

How much space did the demise of Clintons get in contrast to Rangers? Diddly squat.

No big daft men weeping, anguished tweets or chatroom hysterics.

No unholy expressions of glee either from Clintons rivals.

The sense of proportion from footie fans in general is nil.

If they could put even half of the passion and energy they dribble away on their teams into something worthwhile, we might actually get somewhere.

We're not even good at football.

We're, what? Forty-eighth in the world rankings?

There's not a Scottish team that could make it even in the Blue Square Premier down south.

So why can't we just accept that whatever glory days Scottish football might once have enjoyed, they are not going to come again - not when there are clubs such as Manchester City having a squad of mercenaries on whom they spent about a billion quid.

But you know what? The only thing that keeps me relatively sane about the whole footie and Rangers thing is that, and listen up here people, I am actually in the MAJORITY.

Most of us don't care about the so-called beautiful game with its over-paid stars, its bile and its prejudices.

More folk go to museums than attend matches.

In short, if not another ball got kicked at Ibrox, or anywhere, there are considerable numbers of us who would shed nary a tear.

There might even be room for issues that do affect us all.

A plague on all their pitches.

A great pity all the other hacks out there don't read this. :D

I always thought that when a lady is described as being in the 'hospitality business" it is a journalist's code for something else wink.gif

Just like when Mark Dingwall is described as a 'confirmed bachelor' we know exactly what they mean. ohmy.gif

Other terms that are euphemisms for something else when dealing with Rangers.

Entrepreneur = robber

Experienced businessman = has already robbed people

A billionaire = flash lifestyle, but no money

Consortium = more than 1 opportunist (also known as a gang)

I value this club's traditions = I am going to rip off the supporters

I am being honest now = I am lying through my teeth

This is the best thing for the club = this is the best thing for me

club ambassador = cock womble

* whoever introduced the term 'cock womble' into this thread deserves a knighthood.

Enough of this depressing speculation about punishments and investors: let's have a mini-game instead.

My sources lead me to believe that Graham Spiers glided into the Waitrose on Byres Road on Wednesay evening for a spot of retail therapy. Your task - if you choose to accept it - is to guess the items on Biege Corduroy Man's shopping list. If it's any help, his mood on that evening was described as 'less than fluffy'. Green dot for the closest/best answer.

40 Superkings and the 3 for 2 wine offer.

Have you ever read her problem pages? She likes to come across as a man hating old spinster, man has an affair he's a c*nt and needs castrating, woman has an affair then she needs comforting because her man treated her so badly. Excellent stuff for passing the time, I'd love to shake the bloke's hand that turned the old witch so bitter.

I can see where Joan Birnies' coming from, BUT...

All these really important Scottish and world news stories are simply not as funny and do not light up our lives they way the ongoing farce at Ibrox does.

So Joan, keep reporting the important (non-football) stuff, but continue to let us have a really, really good laugh at Rangers and the idiot sports journalists that are slowly changing their tune as the facts start to emerge.

:rolleyes:

The voice of reason

You said Joan Burnie and 'the voice of reason' within the same page - I fear for your sanity.

Whilst we might love the image of the gates of Ibrox being locked up forever, her column is as always so full of holes it is sickening that she, like so many are paid to be journalists in Scotland.

From today's Telegraph.....more bad news for the Bears :D

“The rules are there and all clubs are treated equally under the current rules."

I dont like the sound of that, is Doncaster looking to change the rules so that some clubs are treated more fairly than others.