Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Please desist from spoiling the sanctity of this thread with your rubbish, irrelevant argument.

It was very relevant if you read back to the 1st point.

Sadly it has moved to a different place, my point is made and if no8 allows we will move on.

First time contributor here, although I have been watching the demise closely, with P&B being a particular source of mirth - some cracking posts on here. In response to the above question - as a diddy supporter who has recently moved to Glasgow after a number of years working abroad and have not attended any United games lately - I will certainly be back supporting my team in a league without "ra gers", the only preferrable scenario for myself would be a top flight without either of the O.F. although I must concede I see Celtic as the lesser of the two evils!

In addition I intend to e-mail Mr Thomson and urge him to think of the fans rather than perceived short term financial losses (I must add I don't believe for one second that long term the presence of Rangers in the SPL can bring ANY benefit, financial or otherwise).

Roll on the end, Amen!

I suspect your really a Celtic fan in disguise ?! ph34r.gif

It was very relevant if you read back to the 1st point.

Sadly it has moved to a different place, my point is made and if no8 allows we will move on.

Morton and Falkirk petty squabbling thread for this pish. Take a left at the traffic lights, and turn right just past the 'Captain Sensible trolling for bites from Sellik fans' pish...

You'll find it nae' bother. :P

Morton and Falkirk petty squabbling thread for this pish. Take a left at the traffic lights, and turn right just past the 'Captain Sensible trolling for bites from Sellik fans' pish...

You'll find it nae' bother. :P

Oh tou cannae whack a bit of Cappy trolling, sadly VT is trying for a piece of the action.

Edited by Gaz FFC

No, next week. There is a statement due later today, which is believed to be in respect of the dual contracts investigation, but no one really knows.

Okay cheers for that, for some reason I was thinking it was this week.

Simple quiz. Here are Rangers starting eleven from the last game of the season. The aim is to predict where they will be plying their trade NEXT season.

Quiz closes at 6 p.m. Tuesday 22 May and will be judged at the end of the transfer window.

1 McGregor -> West Ham (after Man U poach Rob Green)

2 Broadfoot -> Dundee (after they get promoted to the SPL)

3 Wallace -> Back to Embra but this time to Hibs

4 Whittaker -> Back to Embra, but to boyhood favourites Hearts this time (see what I did there?)

5 Bartley -> Back to Arsenal who'll loan him out to Ross County

6 Perry -> Rangers. Part of the backbone of Rangers 2013.

7 McCulloch -> Retired. Or Dundee. Same thing.

8 Edu -> LA Galaxy.

9 Aluko -> West Ham along with McGregor.

10 Bedoya -> Back to Orebro.

11 McCabe -> Rangers stalwart.

First prize, for most correct answers, is a big bag of M&M's to be donated by Granny Danger (seriously) – choice of peanut or chocolate. Witty responses will also be welcome but no prize.

NB - The numbers are not squad numbers but rather to make answering easier.

Players must be over 18. Terms and conditions apply. Calls from landlines will be charged at your normal rates.

Chocolate, please. Push them down the landline - apparently I've got a fat pipe now.

First time contributor here, although I have been watching the demise closely, with P&B being a particular source of mirth - some cracking posts on here. In response to the above question - as a diddy supporter who has recently moved to Glasgow after a number of years working abroad and have not attended any United games lately - I will certainly be back supporting my team in a league without "ra gers", the only preferrable scenario for myself would be a top flight without either of the O.F. although I must concede I see Celtic as the lesser of the two evils!

In addition I intend to e-mail Mr Thomson and urge him to think of the fans rather than perceived short term financial losses (I must add I don't believe for one second that long term the presence of Rangers in the SPL can bring ANY benefit, financial or otherwise).

Roll on the end, Amen!

Tarrier tongue.gif

The problem is though it is if you side with one of the OF you are immediately seen as one of 'them'.

A club that was formed with exclusion in mind and still carries that banner should have no place in 2012. The fact that the clubs fans

still use words like i used on the first line shows those loyalties are still deeply ingrained.

There has been a lot of shame from Celtic in the form of unsavoury protests, banners and you name it over the years.

The one thing i have experienced is that you never feel threatened in amongst a large Celtic support. Back in 1998 when they celebrated their title win

it was quite an experience being at CP and every one was shaking your hand and it was a nice atmosphere. Maybe skews my view but having vowed

never to set foot near Ibrox again after so many incidents and just a general feeling of hatred that surrounds the place.

Wouldn't be sad at all to see that place torn down and made into flats.

So provided the CVA is submitted on Wednesday at the latest, the end of the "cooling off period" would be Monday 9th July, then does anyone know exactly what happens?

Afterall, the fixture list will already have been released by then, and it would be less than 4 weeks until kick-off (before taking account of whatever happens next). If the CVA can't be reached, surely it's too late for any Newco scenario by then?

the newco is most likely already in place just waiting for the asset transfer, the spl will just put 'team x' in the fixture list. the real problem they'll have is the transfer embargo, the only players who will stay are the ones nearing retirement and the ones who really aren't that good with the rest made up from the youthteam.

Tarrier tongue.gif

The problem is though it is if you side with one of the OF you are immediately seen as one of 'them'.

A club that was formed with exclusion in mind and still carries that banner should have no place in 2012. The fact that the clubs fans

still use words like i used on the first line shows those loyalties are still deeply ingrained.

There has been a lot of shame from Celtic in the form of unsavoury protests, banners and you name it over the years.

The one thing i have experienced is that you never feel threatened in amongst a large Celtic support. Back in 1998 when they celebrated their title win

it was quite an experience being at CP and every one was shaking your hand and it was a nice atmosphere. Maybe skews my view but having vowed

never to set foot near Ibrox again after so many incidents and just a general feeling of hatred that surrounds the place.

think that all depends on the other team, as trust me we don't get a good reception at parkhead, and over the past few years it has gotten worse.

think that all depends on the other team, as trust me we don't get a good reception at parkhead, and over the past few years it has gotten worse.

We could get sidetracked into a massive 'Which one of the OF is worse' debate - which I've been involved in before, and you just end up going round in circles. We'll all have our own view based on our personal experiences at both middens. I've never set foot in Ibrox since 1983, and never would do so again. I still go to games at Celtic Park though.

If you want to take personal experience out of it, I'm more comfortable with Lisbon & Seville, than Barcelona & Manchester, put it that way. No club's supporters are angels, none at all - but it seems to me, if you get a big Rangers crowd at a big game - it's a fcuking embarrassment.

Roll on the end, Amen!

:blink: George Galloway?

Tarrier :P

Sort of the point I was trying to make, despite being from stock that would have been able to sign for Rangers back in the daysof their "special signing policy" as I was growing up my father and more vehemtly my granfather (both Third Lanark fans) despised the sectarianism that this encouraged, maybe this factor makes me more inclined to despise Rangers more so than Celtic, however I in no way condone the Republicanism and terrorist hero worship that I have witnessed when visiting the park in the East end. Certailnly not a bhoy in disguise just wondering if you can have varying degrees of evil? In my OP I also did state that preferrable to NO Rangers would be a top flight of devoid of both the OF!

Cue the shouts of " He doth protest too much":P

We could get sidetracked into a massive 'Which one of the OF is worse' debate - which I've been involved in before, and you just end up going round in circles. We'll all have our own view based on our personal experiences at both middens. I've never set foot in Ibrox since 1983, and never would do so again. I still go to games at Celtic Park though.

If you want to take personal experience out of it, I'm more comfortable with Lisbon & Seville, than Barcelona & Manchester, put it that way. No club's supporters are angels, none at all - but it seems to me, if you get a big Rangers crowd at a big game - it's a fcuking embarrassment.

thats why i put depends on the other team, and the following post also proves it correct.

so rather than go round the usual who's worse circle, do we have any dates sorted for the SPL board to think about making a decision