Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Chuckle Brothers have put out a statement saying it will be 'later in the week'.

A deadline missed. Who knew?

Actually, doesn't a delay in submitting the CVA also mean a delay in the June 6th deadline? Wasn't it a timetable based on how long creditors had to weigh it up and reply/object? I forget exactly the dates, but it has been posted on here before.

Edit: It's been partly answered already.

Edited by Spain

Other clubs would lose season ticket sales with no Rangers in the SPL? What an utterly absurd suggestion :huh:

I work for a large bank and would love to meet a commercial manager who is keen to lose the suggested levels of core income from calling in any facilities

Does anyone know if that £8.5m includes the Jelovic money? I remember the BK groups bid did, but cant remember if Green has ever said that too.

if it does how does UEFA stand on one of it's clubs insisting on 100% payment of a transfer fee so that they can then pay other clubs 3-5% of the fees they paid for their players ?

Should have a ruling where even if you pay over 3 years or so that if you default future transfer money should pay the previous club first.

Simple quiz. Here are Rangers starting eleven from the last game of the season. The aim is to predict where they will be plying their trade NEXT season.

Quiz closes at 6 p.m. Tuesday 22 May and will be judged at the end of the transfer window.

1 McGregor

2 Broadfoot

3 Wallace

4 Whittaker

5 Bartley

6 Perry

7 McCulloch

8 Edu

9 Aluko

10 Bedoya

11 McCabe

First prize, for most correct answers, is a big bag of M&M’s to be donated by Granny Danger (seriously) – choice of peanut or chocolate. Witty responses will also be welcome but no prize.

NB - The numbers are not squad numbers but rather to make answering easier.

Players must be over 18. Terms and conditions apply. Calls from landlines will be charged at your normal rates.

1. MacGregor - WBA

2. Broadfoot - Cash Convertors

3. Wallace - Blackpool (with Hearts still owed money)

4. Whittaker - Wolves

5. Bartley - Arsenal Reserves

6. Perry - Rangers

7. McCulloch - RFC brand ambassador (voluntary work until something, anything comes along)

8. Edu - Sochaux

9. Aluko - Anywhere where he doesn't have to pay his own transfer fee.

10. Bedoya - Cardiff

11. McCabe - Who cares!

Here was something along the lines of what I was after:

CVA proposal will go out on 21 May

Creditors Meeting 6th June

After that the creditors have a 30 day cooling off period

So if that's delayed by a couple of days, we could be looking at Monday 9th July before the end of the "cooling off period"? There's not a hope in hell Rangers will make it until then.

Edited by Spain

Andy Mcinnes in todays Star....

"It has been quantified that every club in the top league would lose £600,000 via TV deals, attendances and season ticket sales if Rangers are exiled to the lower divisions.

Now my sources at the bank that extends very unhealthy overdrafts to most of them, tell me that they would have to call in the debts of those clubs if they were to lose that sort of revenue for a few seasons"

This the TV money where the Old Firm got the lions share and everyone else got the crumbs? Yeah, sure.

Bar Gretna (which were a totally different scenario anyway), since the inception of the first Premier League back in the 1970s - let alone the 1990s - not a single club that has been relegated from the SPL (thus losing TV revenue and the Old Firm gates) has gone to the wall as a result.

There is however one case of a club going to the wall as a result of running up an overdraft trying to get into the SPL, and that's Airdrie.

Scaremonger all you like hacks, it's not going to save your precious Axis Of Evil Govan Branch from their just deserts.

Other clubs would lose season ticket sales with no Rangers in the SPL? What an utterly absurd suggestion :huh:

Its a nice twist on whats actually happening, people waiting to renew if newco is let in will not. Thats been twisted by Traynor that they will not renew if newco is not let in.

Shameful journalism.

I see, according to The Sun, that the fighting fund has raised £560k in just under 3 months. The Bradford Bulls rugby league team raised £506k in just a couple of weeks for their clubs fighting fund. I would have thought the worldwide appeal of RFC would have raised more.

Wrexhamfans £127,000 in around 7 hours and they have an average attendance of under 4000

Simple quiz. Here are Rangers starting eleven from the last game of the season. The aim is to predict where they will be plying their trade NEXT season.

Quiz closes at 6 p.m. Tuesday 22 May and will be judged at the end of the transfer window.

1 McGregor

2 Broadfoot

3 Wallace

4 Whittaker

5 Bartley

6 Perry

7 McCulloch

8 Edu

9 Aluko

10 Bedoya

11 McCabe

First prize, for most correct answers, is a big bag of M&M's to be donated by Granny Danger (seriously) – choice of peanut or chocolate. Witty responses will also be welcome but no prize.

NB - The numbers are not squad numbers but rather to make answering easier.

Players must be over 18. Terms and conditions apply. Calls from landlines will be charged at your normal rates.

1 McGregor : FC Govan Athletic 2013

2 Broadfoot : FC Govan Athletic 2013

3 Wallace : FC Govan Athletic 2013

4 Whittaker : FC Govan Athletic 2013

5 Bartley : FC Govan Athletic 2013

6 Perry : FC Govan Athletic 2013

7 McCulloch : FC Govan Athletic 2013

8 Edu : FC Govan Athletic 2013

9 Aluko : FC Govan Athletic 2013

10 Bedoya : FC Govan Athletic 2013

11 McCabe : FC Govan Athletic 2013

Have I won a coconut? :P

There is however one case of a club going to the wall as a result of running up an overdraft trying to get into the SPL, and that's Airdrie.

And its particularly ironic that it was Sir Minty Moonbeams who called in a debt of 20k from Airdrie - cos Rangers were trying to run a business!

Wrexhamfans £127,000 in around 7 hours and they have an average attendance of under 4000

The difference is that these teams' fans probably believed they needed to do something to save their club. RFC and their fans expect to carry on because they arrapeepul. They may well be proven right.

Edited by Fasda

Distances from Celtic Park:

Shawfield - 1.6m

Cathkin Park - 3.3m

Hampden - 3.6m

Firhill - 4.3m

Ibrox - 4.6m

I'm not sure in what world that Rangers were ever your "closest neighbours".

Seems fairly obvious that if how close they are had anything to do with your rivalry that Celtic's biggest rivals should always have been Clyde. Or perhaps Third Lanark or Queens Park? Even Thistle should have been considered before Rangers.

Is it possibly less to do with distance and more to do with the fact that Rangers were the only club willing to take the opposite side of some archaic, poisonous divide? That they were willing to get in bed with Celtic to exploit sectarian bigotry in the city which should have died out years ago?

Good points, well played.

Thats what I was thinking too. I also believe, that everyone who comes up with these statements, seems to think that the opposing team who replace "The Rangers", will have no fans following them at all. Why does no-one consider the possibility that the actual "Diddy teams" attendances (over the whole season), could in fact increase, without "The Rangers".

If we can disprove the myth that Scottish football will not survive the death/disappearance/demotion of Rangers, then Scottish football can move forward, for the first time in a generation.

if it does how does UEFA stand on one of it's clubs insisting on 100% payment of a transfer fee so that they can then pay other clubs 3-5% of the fees they paid for their players ?

Should have a ruling where even if you pay over 3 years or so that if you default future transfer money should pay the previous club first.

I know theres no official priority for football debts in Scotland, but wont the SFA/UEFA insist that the footballing debts are paid in full?

Thats what I was thinking too. I also believe, that everyone who comes up with these statements, seems to think that the opposing team who replace "The Rangers", will have no fans following them at all. Why does no-one consider the possibility that the actual "Diddy teams" attendances (over the whole season), could in fact increase, without "The Rangers".

If we can disprove the myth that Scottish football will not survive the death/disappearance/demotion of Rangers, then Scottish football can move forward, for the first time in a generation.

Theres only one, sure-fire, way to do that ;)

I'd like to see the workings on these quanta.

It will be him and his mates on back of a fag packet, or it will be more like "jeepers I will not be able to recyle my <insert old firm name> story that is 500 words of made up crap. So I will make something up to make sure that doesnt happen.

Well we all know that there are large chunks of our football media pundits that simply can not comprehend having to write about Scottish Football without have some sort of sentence that does not involve the words "old firm" "Rangers" and "Celtic". After all their random puff piece generator would need to be updated or they would have to actually write about scottish football on the whole.

I was reading something about Juve the other day and how they went down in the Italian 3rd Division for match fixing ( remember the SFA report on Rangers..only match fixing was worse..) Did the Italian top league collapse because one of their larger clubs was not there? Juve fought back and are now back in the top league and will be playing in the Champions league next season.

I hope all the chairman think about how the rest of the football world will look at us before they make a decision. That to me is the most important thing.

I dont buy the idea that Scottish football willl go into meltdown because Rangers and Celtic will not be allowed to play each other. We might have smaller TV offer from Sky ( they are not going to walk away from the SPL, their whole business plan is keep as much football behind some sort of paywall) Clubs will adapt to having less money, they will play younger talent, yea I know Celtic will continue to pay the better wage, but I think even they will be paying less., I do think they league will become more competitive and better for having less money in it.

I know theres no official priority for football debts in Scotland, but wont the SFA/UEFA insist that the footballing debts are paid in full?

They can insist, but does the law not state that all creditors are treated equally?