Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Their is 1 benefit to Rangers stumbling along into say mid July at least, and that is they'd have no time for Newco to be in the SPL.

The SPL has 75 days until the new season Kicks off, the closer Rangers go belly up to that the better.

Maybe they'll get liquidated on July 12th?

Given the possibility of this, a little ditty to the to the tune of 'The Sash' seems appropriate.

Liquidation would be wonderful, just ask any diddy fan

Rangers in the lower divisions now, history right down the pan

No more listening to the Billy Boys, it would really be a dream

Yes we’ll party on July the 12th, filled with Jelly and Ice Cream.

There is no doubt in my mind that Calum Melville was as corrupt as Whyte, Murray, or any of the other familiar faces.

Doing a lot of replying here. Got work to do, y'ken.

Agreed, Melville is corrupt, allegedly, but not at Dens. You could argue he got his money by corrupt means, but the club wasn't corrupt.

I thought that was the case. Do you know if the football creditors were included in the CVA?

Our great leaders Chisholm and Dodds voted against the CVA, so they were.

Player debts and debts to other clubs are the ones we're paying off, as far as I'm aware.

Player debts and debts to other clubs are the ones we're paying off, as far as I'm aware.

Management arent counted as footballing debt, but players are - probably one of the reasons Chis and Dodds voted against. Im trying to think back, but I cant remember if the players were on the CVA or not.

Chisholm and Dodds weren't considered 'football creditors' IIRC, thats why they got a vote in the first place.

ETA Beat to it by Mr X

Edited by ribzanelli

Given the possibility of this, a little ditty to the to the tune of 'The Sash' seems appropriate.

Liquidation would be wonderful, just ask any diddy fan

Rangers in the lower divisions now, history right down the pan

No more listening to the Billy Boys, it would really be a dream

Yes we’ll party on July the 12th, filled with Jelly and Ice Cream. (MORE POPCORN!)

You missed out the add on, but happy to oblige. ;)

We handed back less than 2000. In 09 we were an SPL team with an average home support of barely 4000 and had around 12,000 at the game, Rangers have a home support around 45,000 and had around 35,000 at the game.

Nonsense...You had 50% of the tickets available and only sold out behind the goals..Rangers sold out the rest of the Stadium...Anyway your original point was we couldn't sell our tickets and now you claim we had 35,000 at the game

It would have been much easier just to post that you had made it all up and were sorry rather than move the goal posts and STILL post utter nonsense that is easily disproved.. :P

Is there actually any posters on here who dont regularly attend their teams games in the SPL 'who would be tempted back if there was an SPL without Rangers next season.

Yes.......me.

I currently work away down South so only "pick & choose" my games (about 10no H&A this season).........I would buy a season ticket (despite not being able to attend all games) as I would feel we owe it to Scottish football for actually doing the right thing.

won't hold my breath though........

Is there actually any posters on here who dont regularly attend their teams games in the SPL 'who would be tempted back if there was an SPL without Rangers next season.

[/quote

I probably average about 8 - 10 games a season at RP. I can categorically say that if there is no Rangers in the SPL next season then I will buy a season ticket and one for my son.

we didn't have half of the stadium. we asked for that and were quite correctly told to do one.

we handed back 2000 tickets about 10 days before the Final and Rangers sold some but not all of them

Yeah kind of, I am thinking of buying my first Hearts season ticket if Rangerd go down the plug hole since the club will need the money and the backing of the fans. I am not buying one till I know what happens.

I do go to quite a few of the games already so it might not make much of a difference though.

I think you are stating here what many football supporters are thinking. I for one would now never go to any game involving Rangers (or Celtic either). Have been in the past but it is just such a thoroughly foul and unpleasant experience. There are many I know who feel the same.

Getting Rangers closed down would meant the first season would have a slight increase in attendances. Yes increase as many would return. Subsequent to that it would become clear that going to a SPL game is not like going to a potential war zone and families would start to return, policing costs reducing and the SPL product would be more attractive to sponsors and advertisers.

After all what advertisers believe they want to influence the buying patterns of overweight foul mouthed slobs who chose not to wear a shirt in mid January? :huh:

This is what the SPL clubs should look at when they sit down to decide their futures.

[/quote

I probably average about 8 - 10 games a season at RP. I can categorically say that if there is no Rangers in the SPL next season then I will buy a season ticket and one for my son.

Thanks just ties in with my post. :D

Most interesting part is 'your son'. And I can understand exactly why you wouldn't want him to experience some of the stuff the bluenoses get up to. :(

Am I right in thinking the votes on financial fair play and voting structures are meant to take place today? Or as is more likely to be the case set to be postponed until a later date.

1337609007[/url]' post='6258824']

Am I right in thinking the votes on financial fair play and voting structures are meant to take place today? Or as is more likely to be the case set to be postponed until a later date.

No, next week. There is a statement due later today, which is believed to be in respect of the dual contracts investigation, but no one really knows.

Am sure it was postponed til 30th May.

Nonsense...You had 50% of the tickets available and only sold out behind the goals..Rangers sold out the rest of the Stadium...Anyway your original point was we couldn't sell our tickets and now you claim we had 35,000 at the game

It would have been much easier just to post that you had made it all up and were sorry rather than move the goal posts and STILL post utter nonsense that is easily disproved.. :P

We had 50% of the tix??????

We got half the south and the east stand, you got half the south, the west and the north stand.

The week of the game we handed back over 1000 tix in the north/east corner which you started selling.

My point isn't specific to this though, my point is you get 45,000 bears to a league game and 35,000 at a cup final. Where do 10,000 bears go? They prefer league games with St Mirren, Hibs, Killie to a Scottish cup final???

First time contributor here, although I have been watching the demise closely, with P&B being a particular source of mirth - some cracking posts on here. In response to the above question - as a diddy supporter who has recently moved to Glasgow after a number of years working abroad and have not attended any United games lately - I will certainly be back supporting my team in a league without "ra gers", the only preferrable scenario for myself would be a top flight without either of the O.F. although I must concede I see Celtic as the lesser of the two evils!

In addition I intend to e-mail Mr Thomson and urge him to think of the fans rather than perceived short term financial losses (I must add I don't believe for one second that long term the presence of Rangers in the SPL can bring ANY benefit, financial or otherwise).

Roll on the end, Amen!

We had 50% of the tix??????

We got half the south and the east stand, you got half the south, the west and the north stand.

The week of the game we handed back over 1000 tix in the north/east corner which you started selling.

My point isn't specific to this though, my point is you get 45,000 bears to a league game and 35,000 at a cup final. Where do 10,000 bears go? They prefer league games with St Mirren, Hibs, Killie to a Scottish cup final???

Please desist from spoiling the sanctity of this thread with your rubbish, irrelevant argument.