Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I am assuming that the assets are Ibrox, Murray Park and the players.

In a liquidation scenario do the players not get made redundant and become free agents rather than being held on to as assets? They can't just be auctioned to the highest bidder surely.

Not very many of these though.

I get your point as their European record is abysmal but there will still be a few due to their involvement year upon year .What about the opponents they bored to death and eliminated on their way to Manchester in 08 ? Bet they are a bit pissed off ! This has opened the biggest can of worms imaginable for them as aggrieved opponents from years back could start to make noise.

Ready_Crest_normal.jpgRangers FC Official@RFC_OfficialPIC: Another pic of the maintenance currently being undertaken on the pitch (via http://www.rangerspics.com)http://pic.twitter.com/DskG2Jpn

Hide photo

Atluez7CQAI_XOX.jpgFlag this mediapowered by turkey-icon.pngPhotobucket

• 5RETWEETS
  • image_normal.jpgimage_normal.jpg375299_331875706831191_210468495638580_1337062_1107737990_n_normal.jpgRFFF_normal.jpgIMG_2910_normal.JPG

4:18 PM - 23 May 12 via web · Details

Where are they finding the money to carry out this work ? blink.gif

I didn't realise Ibrox was being used as the Long Jump arena for the Olympics :unsure:

Ready_Crest_normal.jpgRangers FC Official@RFC_OfficialPIC: Another pic of the maintenance currently being undertaken on the pitch (via http://www.rangerspics.com)http://pic.twitter.com/DskG2Jpn

Hide photo

• 5RETWEETS
  • image_normal.jpgimage_normal.jpg375299_331875706831191_210468495638580_1337062_1107737990_n_normal.jpgRFFF_normal.jpgIMG_2910_normal.JPG

Stage 2

5796196596_96764a02b7.jpg

Hide photo

• 5RETWEETS

RFFF are funding this. A rally will be taking place some time in the near future. Fans will be provided with a shovel each and are advised to submerge their heads until this all passes over.

Staff at HMRC offices have had an email informing them of increased security levels expected. Extra vigilance required re access to office. Reminded not to wear ID outside etc. Last time the warning went out a public statement re Rangers followed.

In a liquidation scenario do the players not get made redundant and become free agents rather than being held on to as assets? They can't just be auctioned to the highest bidder surely.

The argument H&D tried a couple of weeks ago was that registrations transfer straight over to Newco, and Fraser Wishart gave them a rocket to correct them. That's what should really scare the Berrs if they go Newco, they will have NO players, never mind being only able to sign 17 year olds, and even the current "senior" players can't be signed, (if they want to keep their history, they need to keep their sanctions as applied by the SFA). That's where some folk are taking their eye off the ball with the "automatic" admission of Newco, they haven't indulged in joined-up thinking. That's why I suggested in one of my previous posts Newco's start to season 2012 -2013 goes like this:

RFC2012 vs Ross Co - 0-8, crowd 21,000

SMFC vs RFC 6-0, crowd 10,000

RFC vs Kilmarnock 1 -7, crowd 8,000

ICT vs RFC 2-1, crowd 9,500

RFC vs Hibs 5-9, crowd 2200 (1500 away fans)

Motherwell vs RFC 14-0 crowd 14,000

RFC vs Celtic 0-21 crowd 15,500 ( all away fans)

Edited by Happy Buddie

From my understanding the EBT was done like this:-

Part of the employees wages were put in to a trust fund then given back to them as an interest free "loan".

As the loan was never repaid it was therefore wages and should be taxable.

Ie totally illegal.

@mattslaterbbc: Meanwhile, an email has arrived from SPL that suggests #RFC could be a bit more, you know, helpful with league's EBT inquiry

@STV_Andy: I think the SPL are really saying "We know what's on the telly tonight. Investigation ongoing."

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11394&back=home

An SPL spokesperson said: “The investigation into the EBT payments made by Rangers FC is being actively pursued on behalf of the SPL. 

"All relevant documents, materials and information have been sought from Rangers FC and we look forward to receiving full cooperation from the club and its administrators in providing everything that it and they have access to and which is required for the investigation to be completed."

Now compare that to the utterances of the cockwomble. :blink:

Do SPL teams retain SFL membership, would a newco need to apply for both?

Thats a thought - if they don't, and Rangers 2012 were to remain in the SPL and get relegated, then maybe they'd then need to make their application for SFL membership which would then perhaps be rejected for not having 3 years of accounts? That would be embarrassing...

No... focus - get then expelled entirely, that's the only sportingly sensible solution.

Edited by Mushroom

So, Rangers are boycotting us next season. What's the point in voting them into the SPL as a NewCo then? It will do us no good. Maybe a little bit of Sky income, but that situation hasn't been clarified.

Rangers fans are thick as f**k. Steve Brown's interview didn't state that he doesn't want a NewCo in the league full-stop. He probably will still vote in favour of Rangers, but with sanctions. Rangers supporters could be shooting themselves in the foot with their foolish talks of boycotts, and I hope Steve Brown sees sense.

True, but in this instance there stance is crystal clear:

If they're kept out of the league they'll boycot, but if they're allowed in they won't.

True, but in this instance there stance is crystal clear:

If they're kept out of the league they'll boycot, but if they're allowed in they won't.

Well if they aren't the league, they just won't be there. Call it a boycott if you want, but they aren't invited to the party.

If they are allowed in, they will boycott the ones they hate most.

Whatever way, being twisted and perverted helps them in their decision making. rolleyes.gif

Possibly work that's part of a pre-arranged contract. 250-500k for a re-turf though is it not?

Don't think it's as much as that, I think Hampden is around the £100k mark for a re-laid pitch, although there could be other work done at the same time (upgrading drainage or the likes) which could push the cost up.

Edited by qpsnapper

After much deliberation and countless drafts and re-drafts, I have finally come up with an email which I think puts across my feelings on the situation to those in power at Motherwell Football Club. Like has been touched on previously it's one thing to take action after the event, but with communication and balanced, objective opinions, hopefully the need for action can be avoided at all, and the clubs can represent the majority view of their fans. Feel free to copy this and send as your own email.

Dear Mr Weir and Miss Dempster,

If you vote a newco Rangers into the SPL, you will be considered irresponsible, short-sighted c***s. Would you give your hard earned money to a c**t? Me neither.

You may feel it's taking a risk, but a wise man once said "He who dares, wins Rodney. Ouvre la pied de la plat".

You know it makes sense.

Regards :).

Edited by Al B

From my understanding the EBT was done like this:-

Part of the employees wages were put in to a trust fund then given back to them as an interest free "loan".

As the loan was never repaid it was therefore wages and should be taxable.

Ie totally illegal.

being self employed i dont know much about employee taxes, but if this is the case, why isnt the tax man going after the individual players for the tax on these "wages"?