Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The two most pleasing aspects of this are;

The question marks over Duff and Phelps. Make no mistake they are now on the back foot and I can see them being removed or stepping aside. This makes Liquidaton even more inevitable.

The weight of evidence against Rangers getting bigger will make it harder for the SFA/SPL/SPL chairmen to take it up they arse. I know they still will but it makes it a bit more uncomfortable.

Guess they didn't kick the arse out of it, but some individuals on the BBC's list took bigger amounts than others, all individuals COULD have taken amounts like Novo did

The amounts may not be vital. It's the side contract, particularly for players as that breaches the SFA rules on player registration..

The main contract that is registered with rhe SFA obviously will not say 'refer to Contract B'

If the BBC now furnish the SPL and SFA with these contracts, then let's see what the regulators of our game do.

This isn't rocket science, what happens to Rangers is up to the SFA and UEFA, always has been, 30000 posts ago this was mentioned and we've all just got caught up in the whole SPL w**k stuff.

Rangers are leaving the SPL whether the SPL like it or not.

They were boycoting Dundee United and we more or less sold out our end. We were boycoting you for the last game of the season and more or less sold out our allocation. I wouldn't pay much attention to online claims of boycots and especially Follow Follow boycots..Most of those ranting and raving about it don't travel anyway.

St Johnstone should just carry on selling direct and they will be fine

Bit different these days, hate threads galore about United in recent months.

We are doing something right.

If the double contracts thing is proved, which it seems to have been, then it would be very difficult for him to say that he thought he was acting legally. I say this because the EBT loophole only works if the payments are discretionary. If there were dual contracts how could this be the case? Also there is some suggestion by Alex Thomson that Martin Bain sent emails asking for his "discretionary" loans to be paid to him. More evidence that they were breaking the rules of the loophole they were trying to exploit.

On another note If SDM made £6.3million through EBTs why does he not pay the tax back instead of Rangers. At 40% that would be £2.5million in tax. He profited not Rangers.

But they did profit in long term for the scheme in that that they signed and retained better players than they could otherwise afford sustainably and therefore gained revenue from extra games in domestic cups, prize money from artificially enhanced league positions and crucially champions league revenue both from ticket sales and tv cash especially when the co efficient was high allowing entry to group stages. ....in other words rf cheated.

But they did profit in long term for the scheme in that that they signed and retained better players than they could otherwise afford sustainably and therefore gained revenue from extra games in domestic cups, prize money from artificially enhanced league positions and crucially champions league revenue both from ticket sales and tv cash especially when the co efficient was high allowing entry to group stages. ....in other words rf cheated.

Plus they should have paid HMRC 12.8% of that 2.5 million in Employers NI contributons

BBC Scotland Investigates wrote to all of the Scottish Premier League's member clubs and asked whether they had ever operated an EBT scheme.

Celtic confirmed that it established one EBT scheme in April 2005, which BBC Scotland understands was for the benefit of the Brazilian midfielder Juninho Paulista. The scheme was worth £765,000 but the club did not declare the trust payment to the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish Premier League.

The payments made to the trust were declared in Celtic's annual report for 2004/2005, but in 2008 the club became aware of an event giving rise to a potential tax liability which was subsequently paid after agreement with HMRC.

apparently celtic inherited his EBT from middlesborough and sought advice on it then after he had played 14 times for us the advice came back to pay it up..interesting that this becomes an issue tonight tho given that celtic have freely admitted the situation with junhinio some time ago.

Juninho didnt play in the scottish cup, the only trophy they could have taken from us

He did - he played against Clyde.

This isn't rocket science, what happens to Rangers is up to the SFA and UEFA, always has been, 30000 posts ago this was mentioned and we've all just got caught up in the whole SPL w**k stuff.

Rangers are leaving the SPL whether the SPL like it or not.

SPL statement

An SPL spokesperson said: “The investigation into the EBT payments made by Rangers FC is being actively pursued on behalf of the SPL. 

"All relevant documents, materials and information have been sought from Rangers FC and we look forward to receiving full cooperation from the club and its administrators in providing everything that it and they have access to and which is required for the investigation to be completed."

So are the SPL investigations anywhere near what Mark Daly has uncovered?

The SPL's chief exec has taken a media line advocating light punishment of Rangers.

His position must be untenable in light of the revelations.

I am just referring to the amount he was paid personally in "salary" through an EBT. Apparently he was paid £6.3 million tax free and I think he should pay the tax on it.

SPL statement

An SPL spokesperson said: "The investigation into the EBT payments made by Rangers FC is being actively pursued on behalf of the SPL.

"All relevant documents, materials and information have been sought from Rangers FC and we look forward to receiving full cooperation from the club and its administrators in providing everything that it and they have access to and which is required for the investigation to be completed."

So are the SPL investigations anywhere near what Mark Daly has uncovered?

The SPL's chief exec has taken a media line advocating light punishment of Rangers.

His position must be untenable in light of the revelations.

Think I'll head to Slaters for a blazer.

He did - he played against Clyde.

The key point though, is that Celtic set up this ebt in April 2005, the same month he left the club and months after he played his last game for the club. Celtic were open and honest about this and came to a settlement with HMRC. As a club we held our hands up, paid for our mistake and never repeated it. In total contrast to our rivals across the city.

Edited by Tommy1967

Graham Spiers' greetin' faced pus on Newsnight Scotland - Priceless.

I liked the bit in the documentary where Spiers said he believed SDM when he said he had been duped.

Cut to the guy who has known Murray for 30 years saying "I don't think David Murray could ever be duped."

Spiers - the wombliest of cockwombles.

I watched the show. I've followed this thread religiously and although a few of the things mentioned I knew about via here, the Duff and Duffer thing was news to me. So will we be looking at Winding up orders coming from HMRC in the next day or two? Here's hoping. The cheats should be expelled from Scottish football permanently and everyone involved with them should be banned the same way Craig Whyte was. Im positive that there's a LOT more evidence that the BBC have and couldn't broadcast due to possible time restraints or purely because there is so much of it. I mean there must be loads considering the time the SPL Cockwombles are taking over their enquiry! dry.gif

I personally think that a lot of the toxic stuff is about to emerge over the next few days via "leaks" from the inside. Just a gut feeling that this show might have been the catalyst for the screamers to start screaming.

The end is nigh! Got my dancing shoes polished up and ready.

I am just referring to the amount he was paid personally in "salary" through an EBT. Apparently he was paid £6.3 million tax free and I think he should pay the tax on it.

i think rfc should pay all of their debts in full to the very last penny.....to every single creditor from the newsagent to hmrc....anything less than that should see a total end to the vile bigoted institution..that is all. and that would be a light punishment after 2 decades of financial cheating.

SPL statement

An SPL spokesperson said: "The investigation into the EBT payments made by Rangers FC is being actively pursued on behalf of the SPL.

"everything that it and they have access to" is different to demanding complete information.

What do they NOT have access to? How long will the SPL give them to provide all relevant documents, materials and information?

How can the SPL clubs make ANY decision about Rangers until they have full information made available to them?

I hope the SPL is not being lethargic about chasing this information as it may suit them to not know the full story, yet.

Edited by thelegendthatis

The key point though, is that Celtic set up this ebt in April 2005, the same month he left the club and months after he played his last game for the club. Celtic were open and honest about this and came to a settlement with HMRC. As a club we held our hands up, paid for our mistake and never repeated it. In total contrast to our rivals across the city.

In terms of tax and related matters... but if contracts and football matters regard it as a 2nd contract, you could be guilty there as Rangers could be (albeit on a far lesser scale).