Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hopefully, the information in last nights programme is only a fraction of what RTC & BBC have access to. I reckon Watty Cardigan and Alistair might be suffering from some sphincter malfunction over the next wee while in anticipation of the dreaded 4 am knock at the door.

Go Hector ! :ph34r:

Its not the BBC that are hounding Duff and Duffer - its actually Leggo and he's moving in for the kill. tongue.gif

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

Does he realise that the removal of Duff and Phelps will lead to real administrators being appointed, which will mean someone actually looking out for the interests of the creditors rather than conspiring to allow a newco?

Nobody's in any doubt Rangers face futher punishment.

But what's going to happen in the meantime while this whole mess is sorted out? The SPL are suddenly demanding more information when they should have sorted it out months ago. Looks like they were doing very little and hoping it would all blow over, coming out with some token punishment.

After last night's 'show' the whole thing stinks to high heaven even more than it did before. It's not going away, just getting bigger. Tick, tick...

If Paul Murray, an accountant and Rangers insider, is struggling to understand the complexities of it all, that shows you how long a proper investigation might take.

So how does that leave us next season, with the fixtures due out in a few weeks?

Suddenly the CVA and liquidation seem like minor issues.

So where do we stand now? I missed the BBC thing last night.

I noticed alot of Celtic fhannys are creaming themselves at the thought of stealing Rangers tainted titles.Thats what i feared will happen, it'll be a total cringefest if fans celebrate cup final defeats to Rangers ect.

Where do you stop? Teams have been relegated so do you have to go through every single result in the last 15 years or so and award teams league points they are due and see what the standing is come the end of it?

Total farce. Punt Rangers into the SFL and give them/Newco a year ban from the SPL for every season they cheated.

No doubt that the full expose was held back last night . The beeb know a lot more than they let on. Wouldn't it have been nice for Sally and Walter to have been named as big beneficiaries of the clubs ' loan' scheme.

Pretty much the same thoughts I had.

BBC only broadcast the stuff they knew they could prove 100% or their lawyers had told them wasnt actionable. You can be that some of the documents they have seen will incrimiate more people at Ipox and hopefully they have passed the information to the SPL and SFA to allow them to get their fingers out their collective arses and sort out this EBT mess once and for all.

If they are found guilty then it has to be explusion and a new club starting again. No way can the SPL be seen to allow them back into the league if the guilty verdict is proven

Nobody's in any doubt Rangers face futher punishment.

But what's going to happen in the meantime while this whole mess is sorted out? The SPL are suddenly demanding more information when they should have sorted it out months ago. Looks like they were doing very little and hoping it would all blow over, coming out with some token punishment.

After last night's 'show' the whole thing stinks to high heaven even more than it did before. It's not going away, just getting bigger. Tick, tick...

If Paul Murray, an accountant and Rangers insider, is struggling to understand the complexities of it all, that shows you how long a proper investigation might take.

So how does that leave us next season, with the fixtures due out in a few weeks?

Suddenly the CVA and liquidation seem like minor issues.

Brewer let Swiss Tony off the hook on Newsnight Scotland last night. This guy was a non-exec. and one of the duties of a non-exec is to ensure financial probity. Brewer never even asked him about it and let Murray waffle on about Duff & Duffer. Really poor stuff. :(

One good thing to come out of the programme was the debunking of the Nurenburg defence; For Hitler, read Whyte. `He was to blame....following orders....we were patsys..etc`. It`s now clear many were complicit. Old owner, current owner, former directors, agents, players- the lot. I must admit after that i have a bit of sympathy with all those wee belfast grannies that chucked their gas key money into fighting funds and such like, whilst all the time such deceit was well known and buried. It`s certain that the doco has opened the door slightly ajar. It`s gonna get booted open soon enough as individuals run about in ever decreasing circles trying to cover their own respective arses. Should be fun!

So where do we stand now? I missed the BBC thing last night.

I noticed alot of Celtic fhannys are creaming themselves at the thought of stealing Rangers tainted titles.Thats what i feared will happen, it'll be a total cringefest if fans celebrate cup final defeats to Rangers ect.

Where do you stop? Teams have been relegated so do you have to go through every single result in the last 15 years or so and award teams league points they are due and see what the standing is come the end of it?

Total farce. Punt Rangers into the SFL and give them/Newco a year ban from the SPL for every season they cheated.

Well I have yet to hear a Celtic fan say they were wanting their 'tainted' titles, people are wanting them to have their titles null and void but Ive yet to hear one say we want them to be credited to us.

Edited by gannonball

No doubt that the full expose was held back last night . The beeb know a lot more than they let on. Wouldn't it have been nice for Sally and Walter to have been named as big beneficiaries of the clubs ' loan' scheme.

Well I have yet to hear a Celtic fans say they were wanting their 'tainted' titles, people are wanting them to have their titles null and void but Ive yet to hear one say we want them to be credited to us.

I think that's what should happen, "not awarded" should be in the histroy books

I cannot see any room for manoeuvre here for both the SPL and SFA, the SPL must meet today around their own investigation into EBT's which can only lead to expulsion for Rangers and from Scottish football.

Seems to me the SPL's solicitors who are supposed to be carrying-out the investigation have done bugger-all up to now. They've requested documentation and have been happy to sit on their hands until Rangers/H&D can be bothered to give it up (if at all). Even after receiving the info, you'd expect another 2 or 3 months for it to be looked at.

Doncaster must have known that nothing was progressing (you'd be tempted to believe he instucted exactly this). His head should roll NOW.

Edited by Claymores

I suspect that once the furore over the small revelations in this programme (now backed up with fair evidence), will be the prelude to Walt and Sally getting mixed up in this EBT scheme. There is no point for any news brodcaster to fling all the good stuff out there all at once. You then drip, drip, drip new revelations to keep the interest up.

Remember the Daily Telegraph when the MPs expenses scandal came out? Once the initial furore had calmed down they then threw in a 'duck house' or 'moat' etc. That is what will happen here. Watch over the next few weeks, it might really interesting!

Please put the blanket over them and pull the bloody trigger. Please.

Pretty much the same thoughts I had.

BBC only broadcast the stuff they knew they could prove 100% or their lawyers had told them wasnt actionable. You can be that some of the documents they have seen will incrimiate more people at Ipox and hopefully they have passed the information to the SPL and SFA to allow them to get their fingers out their collective arses and sort out this EBT mess once and for all.

If they are found guilty then it has to be explusion and a new club starting again. No way can the SPL be seen to allow them back into the league if the guilty verdict is proven

If ? ........IF ??????.........I think that is no longer in any doubt. The police should have been breaking down doors this morning and making arrests. They should be starting at the top and making a wee call to 8A Easter Belmont Road, Edinburgh.(this was the address displayed on one of the letters relating to Murray's EBT on last night's prog.)

Mixed views on the programme... some interesting stuff, but the grandstanding from Daly put me off a bit.

That filmed phone call was cringeworthy stuff :lol:

I think we should lay off slagging wee Sammy the tattooed bear. He looks pretty handy with a monkey wrench.

Mind you, wee Sammy waxed lyrical about the NIAR years - and following that, he revelled in watching big name signings and how 'no-one could touch us'. He just accepted it, thought Minty was paying for it, and it was all legit - because he was a businessman.

Wee Sammy - lapped it up and like probably 99.9% of Rangers fans, absolutely loved acting the billy big baws, lording it over everyone, and getting it right up the Sellik.

On one hand, I genuinely do have sympathy for the 'Wee Sammys' - but on the other hand - GIRFUY!