Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Must admit I'm baffled as to what the disclosure would be, partly due to not being a financial whizz kid...even with kid being used to it's extremes...very extremes. What involves 18 years ago, a leading BOS official, Dunfermline, the I of M, not match fixing, is vastly worse than screwing the Treasury for vast sums, will lead to jail sentences and finally kill off Rangers(yay)?

What's the worst you can do in finance other than bring down a bank?

I had a go at this a few pages ago...

18 years ago , Bank Of Scotland threatened Celtic with receivership when they called in , I think , an £8 million overdraft.

Is it possible that looking at Moonbeams relationship with BoS , he put the pressure on them ? Timescale is correct.

Would the implication be, for example, during contract negotiations with a player at another club, that Rangers, with knowledge of the players' existing contract, could offer those terms with an EBT on top, thereby securing a player for only nominally more than they were previously being paid?

Seems too sensible, given what has already come out; OF contracts regularly exceed those paid by other clubs by some considerable amount. I don't think therefore that the EBTs were used strategically like this - I've probably missed something though.

I think you're right in your second para.

I mean a member of the media being paid via EBT in relation to unsettling a target signing.

Aha, right. If they had a member of the media on an EBT I suppose it would only really discredit the journalist rather than prove any unsettling. My father always used to go on about Rangers unsettling tactics so it's obviously going on long before Murray. Is unsettling even illegal? Immoral yes. Rangers/media person could always claim payment was made to them for general 'consultancy' or 'advisory' reasons.

18 years ago , Bank Of Scotland threatened Celtic with receivership when they called in , I think , an £8 million overdraft.

Is it possible that looking at Moonbeams relationship with BoS , he put the pressure on them ? Timescale is correct.

Whilst all of this if a bit salacious and exciting, how would you set about proving it even if true?

Does anybody think people would leave incriminating paperwork lying about at Ibrox?

Does anybody believe that they're gonna come acrosss the Scottish version of the Nixon tapes?

It all seems a bit Noddy to me!

from the BBC gossip page:

Former Rangers striker Billy Dodds claims the club deducted tax from his Employee Benefit Trust payment before it was paid to him, and refuses to believe that major Ibrox players evaded paying millions in tax. (The Sunday Herald)

Seriously expecting us to buy this??? wish the BBC would just punt his lying cheating ass.

Thats actually more damaging if what he said was true than just the plain on EBT way, that means they were deducting tax from employees but not passing it onto HMRC, which is an even bigger can of worms than before.

Whilst all of this if a bit salacious and exciting, how would you set about proving it even if true?

Does anybody think people would leave incriminating paperwork lying about at Ibrox?

Does anybody believe that they're gonna come acrosss the Scottish version of the Nixon tapes?

It all seems a bit Noddy to me!

Just the fact that people keep referencing 18yrs ago and the BoS...fingers crossed, though.

Just the fact that people keep referencing 18yrs ago and the BoS...fingers crossed, though.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't having a go! I just fear that when the whispers turn to tales of intrigue and espionage that is never gonna stand-up in court, then it dilutes the case, emphasis and credibility of those aspects which could legitimately be taken to task. Some will start to believe that all the allegations are equally airy-fairy. End result could be that those with something to account for do get off.

Edited by Claymores

Good shout. It certainly fits. But again, bad as it is, is it nuclear enough? Not sure. Difficult to prove as well I would have thought.

Of course if a senior BOS official is found to be complicit in colluding with Murray in something as major as it's meant to be, surely the bank is going to get hung, drawn and quartered too. After all, as with Murray and Whyte with Rangers, a company is liable for the actions of its office bearers.

Think it was actually only £5 million, funny if Minty was behind that really - it led to the arrival of the Bunnet, fine stadium etc etc.