Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Shit I was christened back in the day, doubting my own "credentials" now

The sacrament is baptism it's when they pour water on your skull and welcome you into the church, it can also be called Christening because that's where you get your name, your Christian name.

I dont think either term is specific to any particular branch of Christianity.

They are catch all phrases for idiots of any persuasion.

Your entitled to your opinion and I understand why fans are angry at the OF.

Me ! I was very fortunate to have grown up through better competitive times before the SKY deal.I can remember times when at the start of a season there was much talk about what team could win it and not today's which of the 2 OF will win it.

Here we are now where we are with the OF strangle hold about to be broken because of the Gers problems,I do hope this is seen as an opportunity to re-address the balance of power and money for the sake of a more competitive league HONESTLY.

It is SOOOOOOOO FCUKING boring this 2 horse race in a 12 team league with a split were SKY are demanding 4 OF games a season.The SPL do not have the balls to tell SKY what to do as the executives at the top are probably taking hefty bonuses out the TV money.

There are a variety of reasons why OF domination was restored in the 1990s after the 1980s gave a window of greater challenge, and TV money (domestic+European) is only one, and only really began from 1998. Bosman is another, as is OF harnessing crowds of 40-50-60k, as is their harnessing of merchandise and sponsorship. It's also a myth that we've only got 4x playing due to TV.

IMO it remains to be seen whether Rangers collapsing and starting again really will mean another period of competitiveness, or whether Celtic will just dominate alone instead.

Edited by HibeeJibee

For the record: I simply stated my birth by religion (like you I do not attend church, perhaps I am an atheist, not religious or just plain lazy). My only intention was to deter you formulating that argument. Whether you would have, I personally have no idea. I had no intention of dragging religion into it period.

So you are not a Protestant at all. A real live stereotypical celtic supporter. Pathetic.....Kerrydale street is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1338236767[/url]' post='6281643']

First we put Buckfast Abbey out of business,the neds nipple for abusive behaviour..

Then unify the two faiths to just being a christian,that would probably upset more but if they really was christian they would not bother.

Ask the 2 clubs to swap strip colours for a year celtic/blue and rangers/green ? ha ha they already want Green.

Ask the fans to only bring Saltire flags even if they are green at Parkhead.I know a few who are thinking about this that have season tickets at Parkhead so watch out.

A huge government advertising initiative in MASSIVE letters just saying ....

IT'S JUST A SPORT FFS.

Will think of more but there's a start.

You started off so well and maybe have a point, if your true colours hadn't shone through.

There are a variety of reasons why OF domination was restored in the 1990s after the 1980s gave a window of greater challenge, and TV money (domestic+European) is only one. Bosman is another, as is OF harnessing crowds of 40-50-60k, as is their harnessing of merchandise and sponsorship. It's also a myth that we've only got 4x playing due to TV.

IMO it remains to be seen whether Rangers collapsing and starting again really will mean another period of competitiveness, or whether Celtic will just dominate alone instead.

The 4 OF games a season are a result of SKY interfering,there is interest outside Scotland to show OF games and they bring in money.America is one of the biggest subscribers owing to the fact many Scots emigrated there.Also is a showpiece apparently of Scottish fitba according to some numpty media folk who would have you believe.

I sort of think that at least 3 clubs if Rangers collapse will rise to the challenge of possible CL positions and may even challenge for the title .... well the title fight may last longer than Feb till the chasing pack are out of it anyways.And you can always be assured celtic drop points when it matters ... well over recent years they have.

If Rangers are severely crippled for years and even get relegated ? what am I thinking there eh silly me ! league reconstruction is on the agenda .... well for one season at least if they avoid last position for 2 years running.

So you are not a Protestant at all. A real live stereotypical celtic supporter. Pathetic.....Kerrydale street is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LMAO - insults from a 'knuckledragger'

Old Firm ghetto for this pish...

Sorry to intrude in the 'are you a real prod' intellectual discussion.

Useful analysis from MLM Solutions.

http://mlm-solutions.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/rangers-fc-hmrc-and-cvas.html

The punchline at the end is

"However, taking into account the foregoing analysis, it is clear that the Company has never been able to meet HMRCs conditions for accepting a CVA in the recent frantic months and it would prudent for those involved to anticipate HMRC rejecting the proposal."

You started off so well and maybe have a point, if your true colours hadn't shone through.

And you may have missed the intended pun .... I may contact Lex Gold and ask him to put a bid in so P&B can have a right good ol field day with Whyte,Green and Gold :D

The 4 OF games a season are a result of SKY interfering,there is interest outside Scotland to show OF games and they bring in money.America is one of the biggest subscribers owing to the fact many Scots emigrated there.Also is a showpiece apparently of Scottish fitba according to some numpty media folk who would have you believe.

I sort of think that at least 3 clubs if Rangers collapse will rise to the challenge of possible CL positions and may even challenge for the title .... well the title fight may last longer than Feb till the chasing pack are out of it anyways.And you can always be assured celtic drop points when it matters ... well over recent years they have.

If Rangers are severely crippled for years and even get relegated ? what am I thinking there eh silly me ! league reconstruction is on the agenda .... well for one season at least if they avoid last position for 2 years running.

The four old firm games a season started in 1975

I notice you leave out the part where I reply to the accusation that the OF colluded, because of course the jealous diddies have moved on.

The wee teams are just like welfare claimants really ... expectations of entitlement to other people's money.

Truth hurt did it ?

I will agree with whatever you want, as long as you go away. unsure.gif

I don't mean to be blunt about things, but you are forever coming out with things which simply aren't true; and you only dig yourself a bigger hole when you then try to retort with a 2nd layer of stuff which also isn't true.

Firstly, we went to 4x playing in the mid-1970s, over 20yrs before SPL was founded to start properly harvesting TV revenue.

Secondly, their deal is for UK rights only.

Thirdly, we'll only have 1 CL slot for the very forseeable future.

I don't mean to be blunt about things, but you are forever coming out with things which simply aren't true; and you only dig yourself a bigger hole when you then try to retort with a 2nd layer of stuff which also isn't true.

Firstly, we went to 4x playing in the mid-1970s, over 20yrs before SPL was Founded to start properly harvesting TV revenue.

Secondly, their deal is for UK rights only.

Thirdly, we'll only have 1 CL slot for the very forseeable future.

Good stuff HJ!!!