Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What use as a punishment is a transfer embargo in a league which already has a transfer embargo in place for 9 months of the year?

Go under your pillow and find your brain.

People overall seem certain they will get the 8 votes if newco comes to pass I am

not so sure.

Many on this forum have commented that no club would vote against rangers

being allowed back in. If this is true then why did they not vote through

the new co punishment today. That would be it done agreed.

If they had agreed the punishments today new co was in , it was over.

The cynic in me says they'll use the Newco vote as leverage for voting reform, ie. "We'll only let you back in if you vote with us to stop the 11-1 majority requirement.

What use as a punishment is a transfer embargo in a league which already has a transfer embargo in place for 9 months of the year?

I'm not sure what your point is.

It's a reasonable punishment because it prevents clubs from paying out for players while they owe money. Clubs can still sign players on free transfers outside the windows - an embargo would stop them doing that. And obviously if they still hadn't paid the money back by the time the windows opened then they would still be under embargo.

The cynic in me says they'll use the Newco vote as leverage for voting reform, ie. "We'll only let you back in if you vote with us to stop the 11-1 majority requirement.

Seems like a good bargaining chip, then once the voting structure is changed they can look at the revenue structure for broadcast licensing and sponsorship.

I think I might be prepared to live with that. The voting powers held by Rangers and Celtic are one of the biggest causes of stagnation in the SPL.

Think about it... Think hard. How many months are in a year?

This is good news. That and Gilmour's comments are starting to persuade me that the SFA and the other SPL clubs are becoming less willing to bend over as each day passes. Challenging the SFA sanctions in the courts may turn out to be the game changer we needed. What we need is more arrogant statements lacking humility to keep coming from Rangers and their cheerleaders so that clubs feel even less inclined to help them out.

A bit after the event but Archie MacPherson's drivel about needing the Old Firm communities on Scotland Tonight is sickening. Arsepiece.

Fair enough

well you can sign free transfers at any time(almost) can you not

Would be funny if quite a few clubs have changed there mind based on rangers

taking the SFA to court.

Yesterday was a massive political mistake from Rangers. It might mean the SFA have to give them a lesser punishment from "the list" for that crime (although they could of course expel them, if they want to throw their weight around) but Rangers are not out of the woods yet. They have now staked everything on the "Scottish Football needs us" argument. This will not have gone down well with the other clubs - even if they know that they are better off with them in the league, the will to damage them severely will be strong. There are still many hurdles for Rangers to cross, and there will now be no sympathy - they stand alone.

I still wouldn't bet against there being a Rangers in the SPL next season.... but it's no longer the racing certainty it has seemed at times since this began to unfold. The will to keep them there is being severely tested, and there must be a tipping point. Where exactly that is, we are still to see.

Seems like a good bargaining chip, then once the voting structure is changed they can look at the revenue structure for broadcast licensing and sponsorship.

If we are about to get screwed over with a Rangers Newco waltzing straight back in to the SPL then having them severely weakened and the voting structure changed might be a reasonable fallback.

Think about it... Think hard. How many months are in a year?

What I mean is does the transfer embargo get lifted once the outstanding tax or salaries are paid or is it a set punishment of one transfer window per offence or something like that?

I take it everyone has seen the D & P comments that the proposals being passed will cause 'a delay in the sale process'. Pahanahahahahahahahahahaha laugh.gif

The knock on effect will be a delay in the publication of next season's fixtures. <_<

If we are about to get screwed over with a Rangers Newco waltzing straight back in to the SPL then having them severely weakened and the voting structure changed might be a reasonable fallback.

There is no such thing as a reasonable fallback with Rangers in the SPL, these bawless fcukers just want Rangers back in with the least damage done to themselves, your lot have all those nice empty seats because these fcukers don't want things to be fair and equitable.

Personally I think the voting structure is a red herring. I don't believe it's the Old Firm who are/have been standing in the way of restructure, for example. Distribution of TV money, yes, but I don't think that a more even spread would make the league more competitive to actually win it. I would still welcome a more even spread though.

But, as such I don't think anything softens the blow for letting in a newco Rangers, perhaps short of ensuring they face an uphill struggle to even make 11th place.