Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In life I'm very much an optimist but when it comes to Scottish football I'm very much pessimistic................which probably explains this horrible gut feeling I've had from the start that even with copious amounts of evidence nor even actual damning witness statements Rangers (2012)FC will be debt & punishment free in the SPL next season unsure.gif

Fucking hope I'm wrong though.

Around 10 times? Or just a nice round 11 times?

11 times is around 10 times. right beside it in fact. also the meter is always running so an accurate total won't be possible until it's all over and done with.

what is the point of that poster acting like he is some crackshot investigator because the rangers admin guy said 10 times rather than 11?

11 times is around 10 times. right beside it in fact. also the meter is always running so an accurate total won't be possible until it's all over and done with.

what is the point of that poster acting like he is some crackshot investigator because the rangers admin guy said 10 times rather than 11?

I can only assume that you didn't read the quote.

"The BBC has also got its figures wrong when stating our fees are now more than 10 times this amount."

The fees are more than 10 times that amount, so the BBC didn't get anything wrong.

I think the point the OP was making was that it was the Rangers Admin Guy who can't count. The BBC said it was around 10 times the original amount at £5.5 million (£500k in the e-mail).

Duff & Duffer went on to say

The BBC has also got its figures wrong when stating our fees are now more than 10 times this amount.

Where I'm from £5.5million is definitely more than 10 times £500k so the BBC got it's figures right. Duff & Duffer are obviously implying that their fees are not £5.5million.

Edit: Craigkillie beat me to it.

Edited by Gaspode

You couldn't make this up! Now we have Charles Green in the back page of the Sun saying the SFA along with the Gers need to sit down and have peace talks. Now that they realise the consequences of their actions, they're trying to throw out an olive branch. If the SFA have any balls, they should be telling Green to feck off, and we'll see you back at the tribuneral. Bring some nappies with you, cos you'll need them. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I see we've played knifey/spoony before.

As alluded to Gaspode, I was more mocking H&D. I could have worded it better perhaps.

Does anyone know if Rangers can ignore the CoS ruling themselves and choose to take the 12 month transfer embargo (if the SFA allow them to)?

That's the only way I can see them getting out of this without a suspension - but then you have to consider an added punishment for taking the case to the CoS as well.

You couldn't make this up! Now we have Charles Green in the back page of the Sun saying the SFA along with the Gers need to sit down and have peace talks. Now that they realise the consequences of their actions, they're trying to throw out an olive branch. If the SFA have any balls, they should be telling Green to feck off, and we'll see you back at the tribuneral. Bring some nappies with you, cos you'll need them. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You mean exactly like that article by STV that we've been discussing over the last 5-10 pages. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Rangers can ignore the CoS ruling themselves and choose to take the 12 month transfer embargo (if the SFA allow them to)?

That's the only way I can see them getting out of this without a suspension - but then you have to consider an added punishment for taking the case to the CoS as well.

Think it's too late to back down.

Think it's too late to back down.

I dunno, I think technically they could back down, but it's too late to avoid sanctions as a result of it. Perhaps if they backed down now, the punishment for going to the CoS in the first place might not be as severe.

I can only assume that you didn't read the quote.

"The BBC has also got its figures wrong when stating our fees are now more than 10 times this amount."

The fees are more than 10 times that amount, so the BBC didn't get anything wrong.

is it not possible that D&P's fees are less than £5 million and money is owed to other parties such as QCs?

Edited by T_S_A_R

All this faffin around reminds me of the last time I tried to make an omelette and dropped some eggshel into the bowl with the eggs. Sometimes it's just easier to throw the whloe pheckin lot oot and start again than try to pick oot hunners (pun) of wee bits of shell. SOMEBODY MAKE A DECISION.

You mean exactly like that article by STV that we've been discussing over the last 5-10 pages. :rolleyes:

Oops! to be honest, you leave this post for 5 minutes, and another 5 pages have appeared! Tried trawling through the last few pages prior, but didn't realise. :blink:

Oops! to be honest, you leave this post for 5 minutes, and another 5 pages have appeared! Tried trawling through the last few pages prior, but didn't realise. :blink:

Ha, tell me about it. ;)

You're just going to have to stop working so hard.

We should have a list of people in here that actually know what they're talking about so we can move straight to their posts and discount those who are speculating, bringing emotion into the process and those who claim to have an "understanding" but probably don't.