Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't know anything about this, but I'm sure from memory there was a move to exclude Celtic for their refusal to stop flying the Irish Tricolour at Celtic Park, either in the 50's or 60's. The vote was tied with the decisive vote going to whoever Rangers rep was, and he voted to keep Celtic in the league, if the stories I've been told are correct.

That's true. I thought that was the incident people were talking about...It wasn't to exclude celtic from the league but to shut their ground down as they flew the Irish Tricolour. From what i read it was Hibs who brought it to the SFAs attention and Rangers who saved them in the vote.

Plays right into the Captains hands here right enough :P

I agree with your first point..SDM always claimed that was how Rangers were run :rolleyes:

You have TV revenue..Gate Money...Prize money.

Rangers usually play 3 or 4 games in the Scottish cup on average...That is a guesstimate....take that over say 2 or 3 seasons and it is a massive financial loss to the club.

how many rounds did you play this year? 2 was it

Was in this thread earlier, Albion Rovers, Brechin City, East Stirlingshire, Stranraer and someone else who I can't remember.

Berwick Rangers

More info here:

1964 reconstruction

Worth bearing in mind that Rangers needed a two thirds majority to get agreement to this - they didn't do it all by themselves!

lifted from Dundee Courier ..

Comment: Rangers saga souring fans' relationship with the 'beautiful game'

Football is the beautiful game in no small part because it is simple. From the grandeur of Barcelona's Nou Camp to a back garden in a humble Scottish housing scheme, all you need is a ball, a couple of goals and some grass.

photo_18465_wide_crop.jpg

• By Ian Roache
  • Published in the Courier : 31.05.12
  • Published online : 31.05.12 @ 02.15pm

lg-share-en.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

Wow, that piece from The Dundee Courier...Is that what passes for journalism these days then ? There's much better stuff on here.

Well it is DC Thomsons, they wouldnt want to offend anybody now , would they ?laugh.gif

oh shoot!!. my father worked for DC Thomsons who

share same surname as ex celt Alan Thomson

damn Im a Tarrier laugh.gif

edited cos ive got sassige fingers!!

Edited by rustyarabnuts

If my club had behaved like rangers, I would expect them to have become rightfully extinct long before now - we don't have the same friends in low places, for a start. And you know what? I would accept that as just punishment. I would wash my hands of them in an instant.

What is ridiculous is your refusal to accept that the original tribunal,and the appeal, tried their best to show leniency to rangers, despite their intransigence, arrogance, rabble rousing rhetoric and all-round attitude of "you can't hurt us, we're rangers".

Since the original verdict, McCoist and Jardine did their best to inspire fear amongst those making what is a difficult decision with far-reaching consequences for the whole of the Game in Scotland.

Since no-one connected with the club has shown any contrition, the only honourable thing for the SFA to do now is to expel this mob. If they don't, there will BE no Scottish game. Get that? In your happy place, rangers will survive, but they'll have to play with themselves, because there will no longer be a football organisation in Scotland, thanks to your club going outside FIFA rules. They could have gone to CAS (which IS, despite their protestations, allowed by FIFA andUEFA), but no - that would have taken the matter outside what rangers see as their sphere of influence.

When this all shakes out, I am sure we will look back on rangers' day in the CoS as one of the most public acts of suicide ever committed. What makes it even funnier is that morons like you think it's a victory, and Gattuso is packing his bags ready to spearhead next season's Title win.

Yet again, on a slow day, the trogs come out to slaver their crap. If it's not the traditional whataboutery, it's the blinkered claptrap spouted by such as yourself. If rangers or their fans had shown ONE ounce of dignity in this affair, ONE iota of contrition, accepted even a tiny bit of reponsibility for the criminal behaviour they have indulged in, they may have attracted a bit of sympathy, a bit of compromise and a willingness from the rest of Scottish football to help them survive. Not only has that not happened, but they don't want to SURVIVE, do they? No, it's "warchest" this, and "Europe" that, and "rightful place" the other. I have always hated the arrogance and bigotry associated with both of the Sisters, but accepted that some decent people may follow them for the right footballing reasons.

Since the eruption of this shitstorm, I have had to revise this.

There are NO decent rangers fans. No decent human being can condone criminality and injustice on this scale. Anyone with the least shadow of a conscience would have walked away when the scale of their behaviour became public - no longer deniable as a papist conspiracy or tarrier lies. Those that are left? Scum, every one of them.

Hope that clears things up for you, bucko.

Run out of Hughies, but ^^^^^^^^^^^ in spades. Well played sir. 8)