Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'd thought I'd cheer some people up a little with a few links/lorne/sausage or square whatever ha ha.

The first link is to the worst post war record BOTH the old firm have finished in the league together 1947/1948.This is not Celtics worst ever finish since post war but is Rangers ever post war finish.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-one-old/1964-1965/table

Next we have Celtics worst ever post war finish and is absolutely shocking by today's standards and I do hope this is the gers final position by end of next season before the SPL save them by League reconstruction.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-one-old/1947-1948/table

Enjoy 8).

The question of dual contracts is separate for now from that of the club's immediate survival, but what do people think will come of it?

Some of what Daly uncovered and Rangers' tarrying - see what I did - over supplying evidence, would certainly suggest that the dual contracts might indeed be proved. If so, what then?

I'm instinctively cynical about the discrepancy between what should happen and what will, but in this case, would they not simply have to be stripped of trophies?

Seriously, could/would any argument be constructed against taking titles from them? Views please.

How though? As HJ says, in footballing terms, they are the same club.

I have no idea how the new management will try to avoid said punishments but GUARANTEED these people will try and use any legal loophole buried in the back off some dusty book never seen since the Magna Carta was written citing some clause that will allow the feckers to evade what's due to them.And I'm sure the SFA will ease this process for the newco if they can.That's just my opinion though and I could be wrong !!! probably am but hope for the worst so the best feels better :rolleyes:.

I'd thought I'd cheer some people up a little with a few links/lorne/sausage or square whatever ha ha.

The first link is to the worst post war record BOTH the old firm have finished in the league together 1947/1948.This is not Celtics worst ever finish since post war but is Rangers ever post war finish.

http://www.statto.co...1964-1965/table

Next we have Celtics worst ever post war finish and is absolutely shocking by today's standards and I do hope this is the gers final position by end of next season before the SPL save them by League reconstruction.

http://www.statto.co...1947-1948/table

Enjoy 8).

You have to query Airdrionians motives. Looks like serious ar$e-licking "Oh, we'll take a bullet for the OF" Finish below the OF every time they're in danger.

The question of dual contracts is separate for now from that of the club's immediate survival, but what do people think will come of it?

Some of what Daly uncovered and Rangers' tarrying - see what I did - over supplying evidence, would certainly suggest that the dual contracts might indeed be proved. If so, what then?

I'm instinctively cynical about the discrepancy between what should happen and what will, but in this case, would they not simply have to be stripped of trophies?

Seriously, could/would any argument be constructed against taking titles from them? Views please.

The fact that its taken so long for H&D to provide the requested "evidence" is concerning. However, I think the SPL will take their lead from the BTC. If that finds in favour of HMRC then I think it would be difficult for the SPL to find in favour of Rangers, unless they already had contracts detailing the EBT paymenrs - that would make them "illegal" in a tax sense, but "legal" in a footballing sense. You would have to think, though, that if they already had this then there wouldnt be a case to answer.

As to what happens, who knows! Again, you would have to think that it would be bad, very bad. Stripping them of the titles and relegation, at the very least, would seem the only option.

If the SPL find Rangers guilty, will the SFA then, also, get involved? After all, it wont just be SPL matches where the "illegally" registered players will have played. What about UEFA, will they start to take an interest?

I have no idea how the new management will try to avoid said punishments but GUARANTEED these people will try and use any legal loophole buried in the back off some dusty book never seen since the Magna Carta was written citing some clause that will allow the feckers to evade what's due to them.And I'm sure the SFA will ease this process for the newco if they can.That's just my opinion though and I could be wrong !!! probably am but hope for the worst so the best feels better :rolleyes:.

Oh, I dont doubt that they'll try. But the argument is a very simple one - if you want to continue in the SPL, by transferring membership and share - then you do so as the same club. Same club = outstanding punishments. If you want to leave the punishments behind as a new club, then you cant play in the SPL.

I dont see much room for manoeuvre

Edited by Mr X

He's a Buddie. Easy part for him in that film. Parts of Paisley make Sparta seem like Kensingston.

The Spartans faught The Persians. Persians. Pronounced ...................Persh.hvns........ it fits :lol:

Wait until all the evidence is collated with dates. Once it is proven exactly when the illegal use of EBT's / dual contracts / unpaid VAT & PAYE & NI used as cashflow / non-payment of transfer fees / unique 'funding' arrangements with BoS - all of these aspects will be shown that RFC enjoyed a massive unfair and illegal advantage over other clubs and any trophys and titles won during these periods should be summarily struck from the record book.

We've all laughed in the past at stories about Real Madrid being Franco's team of choice and being funded partly through secret govt. cash. Similarly Moscow Dynamo / Dynamo Berlin during the Communist era.

How will history view Minty's RFC once all the dirty wee facts are fully aired ?

There's plenty of clips of the fat c**t doing the same to others; he shouts them down and tries to put words in their mouths and misquotes them by subtely changing a few words and the context of what they said.

The man is a weasel ... period.

That's a terrible slur on weasels.

I think that the longer goes without a decision the better, there is a growing impetus to the "kick em oot" camp.

He's a Buddie. Easy part for him in that film. Parts of Paisley make Sparta seem like Kensingston.

Yeah, he's a buddie that supported St Mirren and changed to celtic as he's a dirty glory hunter with a set of stupid teeth.

EXCELLENT NEWS - there are many fans of provincial clubs involved at Government level in Scotland, and quite a few high-profile politicians have attended Supporters Direct seminars over the past 7/8 years, so it seems some have indeed got their fingers on the pulse and taken the S/D message of honesty, clarity, financial prudence, etc etc on board.

Tnanks for taking the time to post all that.

It would have been even better news if the source close to government had been able to make a public announcement of intent to that effect and not pass on his thoughts over a coffee.

It is interesting that the post indicates the source close to government believes Rangers should be hard hit as a business and as a football club but that government appears to accept that it is too late to clean up Rangers and whatever is done will be to fire a shot across other clubs' bows. To me the post also reads the government hopes that hitting Rangers hard will be the job of other agencies, 500,000 Rangers fans too many votes to upset?

Edit to add

Feel free to insert your own number of Rangers fans.

Edited by AlbionMan

I think that the longer goes without a decision the better, there is a growing impetus to the "kick em oot" camp.

The longer this drags on the more likely that they will survive with light punishments. We are now 16 weeks into this shambles and what has happened? They have lost no players as yet. They have survived a possible transfer embargo. The CVA looks like it will be accepted. Throughout this so-called administration, they have been able to keep everyone at the club and are still paying out more per week than any other side outwith their cousins. I suspect that once the CVA is agreed, they will be kicked out the cup for a year for financial irregularities. As far as the duel contracts are concerned, the fixtures will have been published, so the SFA/SPL will decide on a suspended sentence. In all, they will have received a 10 point deduction last season, no Scottish Cup next season. The enforced free Saturday in January they will line up some glamour friendly to rake in the cash. I said when the transfer embargo was overturned that it was the day Scottish football died, and nothing that has happened since has changed my view. I now firmly believe that they will be back in the SPL next season, with NO points deduction, NO transfer ban and NO meaningful sanctions. Lets not forget, they will be debt free and back in a STRONGER position than at any time since SDM took over all those years ago! Remember also that the European ban is only for next season. All in all, it looks like Whyte/H&D/Green have played a blinder, as they rightly gambled on the spineless ineptitude of the suits in Scottish football. Sad, pathetic but oh so predictable!