Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just home from holi-bobs in Dallas and Las Vegas. Went to the gym in the hotel each morning, and was wearing a St Mirren training T Shirt. In Vegas, a guy who turned out to be Belgian, came up to me in the gym, pointed at the shirt, and said in broken English... 'St Mirren! You Scottish? You better than the cheating Rangers!'.

Hand on heart - absolutely true. Made my day. Heh, heh.

Just home from holi-bobs in Dallas and Las Vegas. Went to the gym in the hotel each morning, and was wearing a St Mirren training T Shirt. In Vegas, a guy who turned out to be Belgian, came up to me in the gym, pointed at the shirt, and said in broken English... 'St Mirren! You Scottish? You better than the cheating Rangers!'.

You should have asked him the details of their cheating, I'm sure he'd be more knowledgeable than anyone seemingly working in a senior position at Rangers during the last few decades

Welcome home Pozbaird; beginner and true King of this thread. It just wouldn't be right should the filthy, cheating stinking Teds go round the U-bend this week without you being able to provide a subsequent valedictory address on behalf of us diddies.

Welcome home Pozbaird; beginner and true King of this thread. It just wouldn't be right should the filthy, cheating stinking Teds go round the U-bend this week without you being able to provide a subsequent valedictory address on behalf of us diddies.

I don't think I did start this mate. There were other threads running discussing it. I started one titled something like 'What will the end game be', and the mods did a 'merging' job. Just the way it panned out, and my post became the first in a merged big thread.

It was great being in the USA for a fortnight. Rangers registers as a big fat ZERO anywhere in their sports coverage, either TV or printed media. The big stories were the NBA play-offs and the baseball, with the French Open tennis and Tiger Woods winning again thrown in.

Most, most refreshing. I felt cleansed.

1339308270[/url]' post='6318933']

I don't think I did start this mate. There were other threads running discussing it. I started one titled something like 'What will the end game be', and the mods did a 'merging' job. Just the way it panned out, and my post became the first in a merged big thread.

It was great being in the USA for a fortnight. Rangers registers as a big fat ZERO anywhere in their sports coverage, either TV or printed media. The big stories were the NBA play-offs and the baseball, with the French Open tennis and Tiger Woods winning again thrown in.

Absolutely right. There's been only cursory mention of this tawdry affair here in Australia where, in fairness, fitba is a distant fourth in popularity across the various codes. At the very beginning it gained press in a couple of columns, but nothing more - and this was more in relation to Matt MacKay going to China at the outset. There have been other, similar scandals across sport here over the past years, but nothing on the potential scale of the Rangers situation. It simply hasn't captured the public imagination over here, which is strange given Rangers' global supportTM.

Was pretty sure you'd started the main thread irrespective of the merging, but don't mind being corrected. What I do know is that your commentary, along with Granny Danger, WhiteRoseKillie, and a few other notables in particular, has been head and shoulders above not only much of the supposition on here but also the mainstream Scottish media in general. And for that, you should take a bow.

You sure it wasn't Peter van Vossen ? :ph34r:

Absolutely right. There's been only cursory mention of this tawdry affair here in Australia where, in fairness, fitba is a distant fourth in popularity across the various codes. At the very beginning it gained press in a couple of columns, but nothing more - and this was more in relation to Matt MacKay going to China at the outset. There have been other, similar scandals across sport here over the past years, but nothing on the potential scale of the Rangers situation. It simply hasn't captured the public imagination over here, which is strange given Rangers' global supportTM.

Was pretty sure you'd started the main thread irrespective of the merging, but don't mind being corrected. What I do know is that your commentary, along with Granny Danger, WhiteRoseKillie, and a few other notables in particular, has been head and shoulders above not only much of the supposition on here but also the mainstream Scottish media in general. And for that, you should take a bow.

You don't need to that far to get away from it. Here in England it occasionally gets a small paragraph tucked away alongside the volleyball or ping-pong.

You don't need to that far to get away from it. Here in England it occasionally gets a small paragraph tucked away alongside the volleyball or ping-pong.

You're not wrong, folk look at you funnily if you talk about it in England, the papers would maybe have a paragraph about it hidden beside adverts for the "save ££££s adverts", whilst the main feature would be Joe Hart was greetin at Aushwitz or what Roy Hodgson had for breakfast.

It's quite funny considering the Orcs devote themselves to loving England so much, Glasgow who ?

Posters stop lying.

I was in Vietnam last week and all I saw was wall to wall coverage of the problems of the biggest club in the world.

On Uzbek state TV, Uzbek Big Boy Bears High Heid Yin Gennady Chickflik said the country would enter eight days of mourning should "the institution of most loveliness to Uzbek sports fans go under".

President Big Chap of Belize is this morning calling an emergency session of parliament asking for the country's name to be changed to Believe (in Rangers).

Tonight all the managers of teams competing in the Euros are releasing a joint statement of support for Rangers.

Watery fella Neptune of Atlantis has made his state re-emerge today for the sole reason of showing support for his beloved Buns.

Austria has detained all Rapid Vienna fans asking for their money back, otherwise the UN will send troops into their ungrateful little nation.

Posters - stop lying. The biggest club in the world, with the biggest and best support are top billing globally.

His official site mentions moving to the East End of London from Trinidad aged 7.

It's a good hoax though, wonder if any of the tabloids will run with it laugh.gif

FAO Tonsilitis, any reason for the -1? That's the most bizarre negative vote i've got! blink.gif

Must remember to negative you for f**k all...

Sorry? WTF are you on about? I have not voted re anything or anyone!

Neg rep on the first post by.............Tonsilitis.

Guess thats what his beef was.

1339313776[/url]' post='6318981']

Posters stop lying.

I was in Vietnam last week and all I saw was wall to wall coverage of the problems of the biggest club in the world.

On Uzbek state TV, Uzbek Big Boy Bears High Heid Yin Gennady Chickflik said the country would enter eight days of mourning should "the institution of most loveliness to Uzbek sports fans go under".

President Big Chap of Belize is this morning calling an emergency session of parliament asking for the country's name to be changed to Believe (in Rangers).

Tonight all the managers of teams competing in the Euros are releasing a joint statement of support for Rangers.

Watery fella Neptune of Atlantis has made his state re-emerge today for the sole reason of showing support for his beloved Buns.

Austria has detained all Rapid Vienna fans asking for their money back, otherwise the UN will send troops into their ungrateful little nation.

Posters - stop lying. The biggest club in the world, with the biggest and best support are top billing globally.

Apologies - my media selection has been found wanting, that'll teach me for reading only Murdoch papers due to their non-partisan, neutral and uncommercial style of reporting the facts and only the facts.

Welcome home poz. Rightly or wrongly you are seen as the father of this thread and must be prepared to accept the mantle. When the great day comes we will require a stirring valedictory speech post encapsulating the emotions and joy of P&Bers everywhere.

I'm trying to get my head round what it must be like to return from Dallas and Vegas to Cumbernauld. Truth be told I'm trying to work out what it must be like to return from anywhere to Cumbernauld. :P

I'll leave you in peace now to play catch-up.

Edit to add: I must start reading other posts more carefully. Didn't realise Paramour had already used the tem valedictory in reference to poz. Mind you great minds think alike.

Edited by Granny Danger

From today's Daily Retard website. Maybe Deepshit would have been more appropriate.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/06/10/loan-firm-which-helped-to-set-up-rangers-tax-avoidance-scheme-is-called-deepwater-86908-23892678/

Here's some extracts. Note use of the paper's terms on the first line (my emphasis).

A LOAN firm who helped to set up Rangers’ notorious tax avoidance scheme were called Deepwater, we can reveal today.

The Jersey company administered Employee Benefit Trusts for players, coaching staff and executives.

But Ibrox stars were told last month that the firm were closing down.

Murray Group Management Ltd paid massive EBT cash payments to 87 team members and staff through Deepwater Ltd.

The huge payouts are the foundation of the HM Revenue and Customs’ so-called Big Taxcase which has taken Rangers to the brink.

Money was paid to players, staff and executives as tax-free “loans” – but in reality the money was never repaid and recipients avoided paying tax.

TMF’s headquarters in St Helier, Jersey’s capital, sit sandwiched between a doctors’ surgery and an empty office block, just a stone’s throw from the island’s main government building.

Unlike many Jersey finance companies who carry the names of their clients on brass plaques – the only outward evidence of their links to the island – there is no mention of Rangers anywhere.

Deepwater, the TMF Group and Murray Group Management were all unavailable for comment yesterday.

Users' Comments (2)

It was great being in the USA for a fortnight. Rangers registers as a big fat ZERO anywhere in their sports coverage, either TV or printed media.

There's been only cursory mention of this tawdry affair here in Australia...

Gents, you don't need to cross continents just to see the lack of interest in this matter. Even down here in Englandshire there is little if any mention of it. It doesn't make the papers other than the odd space filling comment or two. This whole thing is the biggest navel gazing event in sporting history and shows up what an insular goldfish bowl existence Scottish sport lives within.

From today's Daily Retard website. Maybe Deepshit would have been more appropriate.

It must be fun being a fly on the wall there. On one hand we had the DR's desperate attempt to cajole readers into buying their papers with story after story of sensationalist hyperbole, while on the other we have Traynor trying to calm the waters and claim that nothing important is happening and that we should all look the other way while the status quo continues.

Shocked to hear someone on the BBC now tow the usual party line

Apart from the usual media tossa's that will give us the party line all the way to the end (Traytor, Dung, Hatefigure and Gollum) you can sense a change in the wind as far as all this goes. Pretty sure a month or so back, Waddell was saying Scottish football wouldnt survive if Rangers were put into Div 3. Mmmmm has he had a change of heart???

http://blogs.dailyre...h-for-fans.html

Edited by Sting777