Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Didn't he just yesterday that most players are free because of financial turmoil in Europe?

I'd like to know which of those players he's targeted at Euro 2012 he thinks he'll get for nothing.

Saw some dodgy looking cheques Czechs the other night - surely would fit right in

Third biggest. It simply doesn't get as high a profile in their media, largely due to reasons of corporate bias and also a conscious decision by those in charge of the US Pyramid not to get all tied up in all the usual American razzamatazz that was a big part of the downfall of the NASL. It does have to be said that the revival of the Seattle Sounders/Portland Timbers/Vancouver Whitecaps tri-derby has done wonders for attendances overall.

Sorry for being a bit late on this, but only just caught up with the thread, but why are people posting this nonsense about "Soccer" being the 3rd/4th most popular sport in the US?

You should learn from Ebbe Skovdahl about statistics.

The myth seems to have come from the published average attendance figures, in which the MLS has sneaked above NBA and NHL last season. There are reasons for MLS (just) having higher average attendances and one of them isn't that it's a more popular sport, the main ones being:

• Ice Hockey/Basketball are played on smaller, indoor arena's which typically have a smaller capacity.
  • The season is shorter, making each match more of an event. Attendances would drop with a 70/80 game season.

If you looked at total attendance for regular season games:

• NHL - 1230 games - Total Attendance: 20 million
  • NBA - 990 games - Total Attendance: 17 million
  • MLS - 306 games - Total Attendance: 5.4 million

or compare the average attendances against capacities:

• NHL - Avg Capacity: 18,331 - Avg Attendance: 17,132 (93.46% of capacity)
  • NBA - Avg Capacity: 19,154 - Avg Attendance: 17,323 (90.44% of capacity)
  • MLS - Avg Capacity: 28,745 - Avg Attendance: 17,872 (62.17% of capacity)

Or average TV Ratings:

• NBA - Average No. Viewers: 2.5 million
  • NHL - Average No. Viewers: 2 million
  • WNBA - Average No. Viewers: 290,000 (Womans Basketball)
  • MLS - Average No. Viewers: 251,000

You can prove anything with statistics, to just look at average attendances and claim that football is now the 3rd biggest sport in America is clearly bonkers. (NB: if anybody has any info/sources/figures other than those avg. attendance stats to backup these claims let me know, I'd be interested in having a look)

Anyway, back to the actual subject...

Are Rangers dead yet?? (and that's 'Ra peepul, "The Glasgow Rangers Football Club" from the big hoose, not the New York Rangers, or the Texas Rangers)

No8, guid last post you made.

Do yirself a favour.

Get down tae Greenhill Road and get yirself a Saints Season Ticket and enjoy the rest of yir life.

It'll be slightly less torture than you're going through at the moment.

Cut yir losses Bud.

We've tried. Evil No8 won't let him :(

What have the RFFF done?

As far as im aware, they manage to raise £500,000 but I thought this was to help keep the club running?

They paid Dunfermline money owed, but refused to do the same with Dundee Hibernian (united)

Paid for the lawyers at the COS

That's all I can think of

They have used the limited amount they raised stupidly and wisely.

Stupidly as they screwed up any possible support they had with the football world by paying the lawyers at the CoS. (who within the RFFF made the decision to fund this? P45 guys)

Wisely as their stupidity improves the chances of a complete wipeout which will allow a club to be reformed based on the original principles of Rangers.

Without wipeout it will always be dodgy, attracting more dodgy people. .

Skimming through this page at first, I thought that this:

Simon Cox, Sean St Ledger, Darren O'Dea and a couple of random Poles. Is Boruc in their squad?

Was supposed to worryingly follow on from this:

and ive got a list of shagging targets....kelly brooke

liz hurley.....

....Carol Vorderman.....Susie Dent.......& Judith Ralston :rolleyes:

mmmmmmm victoria corenwub.gif

Catriona Shearer

wub.gif

Amanda Lamb. Big sigh. :)

Must read through things properly.

Do yirself a favour.

Get down tae Greenhill Road and get yirself a Saints Season Ticket and enjoy the rest of yir life.

Cut yir losses Bud.

Nah,

get doon tae the Theatre of Pies, the grubs better and the pitch should be lovely by August.

HMS, good reality check on US "soccer".

Anecdote only; I have two sons, one in London and one in Singapore. Both rely on forums to get this story as there is next to nothing in local/ national press in London and absolutely nothing in Singapore.

Also, fellow sheepshaggers will note that our local rag has led, on the back page, with this story only once or twice since it began, it's usually two or three pages in from the back with a wee column next to the bowls! A bit cheeky but I like it!

On reflection, there are about 50,000 fans go to each cheeks home games and about 100,000 to the other 10 (sad but true) and that adds up to about 200,000 paying SPL fans in Scotland. Add in a few armchair fans and non SPLfans and there's really not a lot more interest in this outside the hardcore who read/post the forums? Only the paying customers count so don't get me wrong, we have clout but it is a minority interest.

Skimming through this page at first, I thought that this:

Was supposed to worryingly follow on from this:

Must read through things properly.

If that was the rankers line up for next season even I would consider getting a season ticket!!!

Do yirself a favour.

Cut yir losses Bud.

If my son had described St Mirren as 'Scotlands Barcelona' 1 more time last season i would have strangled him!!!! ;)

Nice to see them doing well and i am delighted to see Danny Lennon making the step up but i am afraid i wont be parting with £20+ to watch them anytime soon. Anyway i need my car for work so have no intention of parking it in Feegie ;)

If my son had described St Mirren as 'Scotlands Barcelona' 1 more time last season i would have strangled him!!!! ;)

Nice to see them doing well and i am delighted to see Danny Lennon making the step up but i am afraid i wont be parting with £20+ to watch them anytime soon. Anyway i need my car for work so have no intention of parking it in Feegie ;)

Ahem, last time I was jogging through Govan, I had my trainers taken off me, and I didn't even notice they had gone 'til i got back to Paisley!!!

£50 for a season's car parking safely at the stadium! Go on, you know you want to. :P

Nah,

get doon tae the Theatre of Pies, the grubs better and the pitch should be lovely by August.

Nice wee drive over the Braes and down through Ayrshire..Downside is i am 6'3'' and the leg room at Rugby Park is murder.

£50 for a season's car parking safely at the stadium! Go on, you know you want to. :P

Now if i thought i could sit next to The Captain and get to spout utter nonsense for 90 minutes it might be money well spent ;)

Edit to add ... Or even next to Wisbit :P

Edited by No8.

Now if i thought i could sit next to The Captain and get to spout utter nonsense for 90 minutes it might be money well spent ;)

If you sit for 90 minutes and spout utter nonsense (mostly directed towards our own players), then you'll fit right in at St Mirren Park.... over in the main stand, with the other boo boys. None of that nonsense in the West Bank you know. :P

Ahem, last time I was jogging through Govan, I had my trainers taken off me, and I didn't even notice they had gone 'til i got back to Paisley!!!

That is exactly why i park my car in Kinning Park

interesting facts.....

You can prove anything with statistics, to just look at average attendances and claim that football is now the 3rd biggest sport in America is clearly bonkers. (NB: if anybody has any info/sources/figures other than those avg. attendance stats to backup these claims let me know, I'd be interested in having a look)

Anyway, back to the actual subject...

Are Rangers dead yet?? (and that's 'Ra peepul, "The Glasgow Rangers Football Club" from the big hoose, not the New York Rangers, or the Texas Rangers)

Certainly i'd think you might find the TV figures for the states much higher for the Spanish league and a lesser extent the Italian. Most that are keen don't rate their own league that highly, the EPL big games are also popular.

Scotland does not hit the radar at all.

If you sit for 90 minutes and spout utter nonsense (mostly directed towards our own players), then you'll fit right in at St Mirren Park.... over in the main stand, with the other boo boys. None of that nonsense in the West Bank you know. :P

I was in the West Bank for a couple of U21 internationals. I had to listen to Andy Walker spout utter nonsense for 90 minutes...Oh and listen to celtic fans claim a player was booed by the '****' for blessing himself. Of course it ad nothing to do with him being a diving cheating b*****d :rolleyes:

I drive from Ayrshire to Paisley for the games and always park in Feegie as I like to get home before the official car park lets folk out at 10pm. Never had a problem and never had to pay anyone to 'watch' my car. Go on No8 - support a diddie team - it will change your views on life :)