Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Will Berwick now be known as the BIG Gers?

Straight swap.

Berwick Rangers = Gers

Newco Rangers = Wee Gers or tainted Gers

Edited by Enrico Annoni

had a hissy at me earlier as well :)

Hardly a hissy fit Coco. One or two questions about the finances at Hearts which you STILL seem unable or more probably unwilling to answer. Very, very strange ??????

This may have been mentioned before but i'm not going to rake through 40k of posts to see but have any Rangers fans groups thought of starting up a new fans run club? One free from the financial mismanagment and percieved social issues of the past.

The most notable example of this recently would obviously be AFC Wimbledon.

If I were a Rangers fan I wouldn't be happy to blindly follow the latest shower of money men promising the earth for the club but delivering very little.

As i said never a regualr occurence. I don't know what you would consider regular but 15 games over 6 years is hardly that.

Actually with a couple of exceptions it was as regular as clockwork - March, April, May, if the currant buns weren't in the running for the league the fans vanished like snow off a dyke. And 15 games over 6 years is almost 1 in 6 of all the home games over that period, and if we were to include everything that was only slightly above - say 12,000 or lower - it'd be around 1 in 4 home games where Ibrox was three-quarters empty. I call that pretty damn regular.

Edited by Wings Over Scotland

Hardly a hissy fit Coco. One or two questions about the finances at Hearts which you STILL seem unable or more probably unwilling to answer. Very, very strange ??????

Still banging on?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Is this thread about Hearts?

No.

Be happy about Rangers of just give up football!tongue.gif

Interesting article in the Scotsman on how clubs might vote which basically lines up the clubs like this

NO - Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs

YES - Hearts, Kilmarnock, ICT, St Johnstone

UNSURE - St Mirren, Ross County, Motherwell (no leaning), Dundee Utd (no leaning)

Thomson says he has made up his mind so look like Motherwell and Ross County could be the best bets to reach the 5

By ANDREW SMITH

Published on Wednesday 13 June 2012 00:25

Horse-trading and hard thinking will determine whether SPL clubs will vote to accept a newco Rangers in the Scottish top flight.If five clubs are against, they won't. Many imponderables must be factored in, chief among these Sky's attitude to honouring their £80m five-year deal, scheduled to begin this coming season, if Rangers are not in the SPL. Clubs could be willing to vote for the new Rangers, with sanctions attached, in return for them agreeing to change the current 11-1 voting structure on the distribution of centralised revenues. Here we look at the possible standpoints of the 11 clubs:

ABERDEEN

The Pittodrie support, through their Trust, have been among the most vociferous opponents of a Rangers newco that would betray a "rigged system" in which there were clubs "too big too fail" and cause them to desert their club en masse. Their chairman, Stewart Milne, wants all this to go away. His club are £12m in debt, he is financing a £38m new stadium and would only say last month: "We will do what we believe is in the best interests of Aberdeen Football Club and Scottish football."

How they might vote: Milne may be backed in to the 'no' corner by a support he cannot afford to lose.

CELTIC

They have deliberately said little beyond chief executive Peter Lawwell's catch-all: "Our guiding principle is to do what is in the best interests of Celtic and our supporters, while upholding the interests and reputation of Scottish football." The club that stands to lose most financially if there is no Rangers in the SPL, in any ideal world they wouldn't want that but there would be a mass revolt among their support if they didn't serve sporting integrity in the expected fashion.

How they might vote: A stick-on 'no to newco' because any other response would be commercial suicide.

DUNDEE UNITED

Owner Stephen Thompson has admitted to attitudes hardening over Rangers after they went to the civil courts. His mind seems to be being made up by a Tannadice faithful who are letting him know they will turn their back on the club if he favours a Rangers newco. "I was told that, at Motherwell at the end of last season, every turnstile had a poster above it saying 'no to newco'. It was the same at Aberdeen. Fans are feeling very strongly about it. I have been sent hundreds of letters and emails on the subject. Some of them are from people who have been season-ticket holders for 30 years. I have made my mind up, which I won't go public on. You have to listen to the fans as well but you have a responsibility to the club as well. That doesn't necessarily mean I want them in. Don't read too much in that."

How they might vote: A probable 'no' but might be swayed with heavy sanctions for a newco Rangers.

HEARTS

On the line for around £600,000 in lost revenue if the TV deal takes a heavy hit with no Rangers in the SPL, money – including the £800,000 Rangers owe them for Lee Wallace – will dictate their attitude. Hence director Sergejus Fedotovas' take: "Justice is very important but lessons learned are more valuable. Scottish football should not put all focus on the punishment."

How they might vote: Certain to back a Rangers return.

HIBERNIAN

No-one has been more unequivocal about their rejection of a fiscal imperative to accept Rangers as a newco than Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie. "Fundamental to us at our club is to make sure the integrity of the game is not called into question and that the sporting integrity of the competition we take part in is maintained at the highest standards. It's not a question of any sum of money in return for that integrity – integrity is beyond purchase. It's important that all clubs can have a place within football, provided they have earned it in a sporting sense and also have abided by the rules. If we are called upon to make any decisions we will try to do the right thing and uphold the integrity of the competition that we are engaged in."

How they might vote: A Rangers refusnik.

INVERNESS CT

Reacted angrily to Rangers' Court of Session challenge to the SFA but won't want any uncertainties over revenues when finances tight. Chairman Kenny Cameron said: "There is much still to discuss – but I hope this will bring certainty and closure to this issue. We just need to move on from this situation."

How they might vote: Will want a Rangers in the SPL.

KILMARNOCK

There is no guesswork required to determine the intentions of club chairman Michael Johnston. "Members see the commercial benefits of having Rangers, even as a newco," he said last month. "The clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect, but the commercial benefits may outweigh that."

How they might vote: Another certainty to accept any Rangers. Johnston has also cautioned against any further punishments for the club that plays out of Ibrox.

MOTHERWELL

Another club whose minds might be made up by their masses, the club's proposed fan ownership model is dependent on listening to them. As they admitted in mealy-mouth fashion. "We do not believe we can separate the sporting integrity of our league from the sustainable future of our club – the two go hand-in-hand. Any decisions we take as a board are made in the best interests of the club with a view to achieving our stated aims for ownership and funding. [A newco proposal we would] fully discuss with representatives of our supporters' groups, prior to making any decision."

How they might vote: The rank and file seem to be pushing them reluctantly towards the 'no' camp.

ROSS COUNTY

The newest member of the 11, they are not financially dependent on the SPL, in whatever form it takes. Their chairman Roy MacGregor's stance reflects that. "I will listen to the arguments. I will not prejudge. We are taking a calculated risk on our budget for next season and it was done before this situation. It will make no difference," he said.

How they might vote: For their first season among the elite they could feel cheated if there was no Rangers. File under "don't know".

ST JOHNSTONE

Contradictory noises have come from chairman Steven Brown. Has said his club don't need Rangers but that it would be a "disaster" if the brand was lost to the SPL. Then last week he stated: "I certainly will not let Rangers in without sanctions. The feeling from the people I've spoken to is they won't let Rangers in with a 'get out free card'."

How they might vote: Will vote Rangers in with the right penalty tariff.

ST MIRREN

Another of the swaying brigade, chairman Stewart Gilmour has previously stated Scottish football needs "a strong Rangers and a strong Celtic" but lacerated the Ibrox club for their legal recourse beyond the game. St Mirren's position will be determined by whether any newco vote is held before 4 July, when ownership of the club is set to transfer to a supporters' group.

How they might vote: If the current board are still in place Rangers will be supported, if the fans group have taken over perhaps not.

Edited by roverthemoon

b*****d. I have been following this every day then head off to Millport for 24 hrs to get some rest before Thu's big announcement and they friggin well make the announcement today and I dont hear about it until many hours later. Need to get the ice cream in the morning.

Ritz Cafe ?

Taken an age to trawl through all the posts since the news broke this morning (felt like a chore at some points to be honest) but I'm really surprised that very little has been made of this excerpt from HMRC in today's press release:

"Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox.

It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA.

Rangers can make a fresh start."

Government bodies should be trying to STOP companies from escaping their liabilities using legal loopholes, not bloody well sending them along the Yellow Brick Road with a pat on the back and a chirpy tune!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

As much as in taking great delight in them dying a slow horrible death, I have to admit the thought of the SPL voting in the Newco would probably be enough for me to give up on Scottish football.

If you want to play in the top league, you should earn your place in it, not skip the queue ahead if other clubs who have been working hard to achieve it on the pitch (where it should be decided)

The statement released by HMRC seemed to give Green/Rangers their blessing to continue using Ibrox.

Until the liquidisor gets switched on theres no reason not to allow them to continue as is. What happens after the asset sale is up to the new owners. This may or may not be Green - but he wont be picking it up for the 200k that he's offered - so he'll be off like a shot.

No they shouldn't , it should be SPL,SFA & SFL that should be stopping these loop holes.

The goverment should keep stoomp.

Edit- And HMRC....

Replace "Football Club" with "Builder" or "Car Showroom" or "Travel Agent" or....

Setting up a phoenix company and leaving a trail of debt should be made as tough to do as possible... and I find it bizarre that HMRC would issue a statement saying they welcomed ANY company leaving their debt behind and pointing the way to them setting up a phoenix operation.... "thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox" - UNBELIEVABLE!!!

NO - Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs

YES - Hearts, Kilmarnock, ICT, St Johnstone

UNSURE - St Mirren, Ross County, Motherwell (no leaning), Dundee Utd (no leaning)

Taking a punt at that.

I don't see Celtic as a firm no. Maybe based on their fans wishes, but not their commetcial relationship with rangers

Aberdeen have been bounced by fan pressure

Hibs, Petrie has been a beacon of integrity. Certain No.

St Mirren, Gilmour was clear on his view about the court application, but little else said.

Dundee Utd, Thompson's recent statements indicate a No. Fan pressure has worked.

Motherwell, dunno. Fan pressure may win out.

Ross County. I see as a yes

Inverness - almost certain as a Yes

Kilmarnock, dunno, Johnston made some good statements earlier in season, will the taxes/integrity weigh out.

Hearts - how can you say with any certainty that Romanov is in any one camp?

St Johnstone, I'd be more certain if Geoff Brown, well publicised that fermers can run their club through a nuclear winter.

The dynamic isn't certain IMO, I think the vote will be influenced by the report over EBT's and also if the man in the dark suit and sunglasses from sky nods his assent to the TV deal continuing without Rangers.