Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So we have currently better then dirt cheap assets that 50,000 people will pay a fortune to use..short term exclusion from Europe, sponsors for they will come, a compliant SPL / SFA and SPL clubs...and you can get all this and walk away from £150 million of debt, decades of cheating, decades of ineligible players, ignoring the football authorities and overturning their sanctions...what's not to chase.

Scottish football has a decision to make?

Sooooo... When does the AT reconvene? That could nicely put an end to the Newco scenario without even getting to the SPL vote. Quite excited but nervous at the same time as to how this will all play out next.

Dear Mr Cameron,

I now find myself compelled to write to you on a new issue, the vote on whether or not the new club who will be taking up the guise of the soon to be liquidated 'The Rangers Football club' should be allowed direct access to the SPL.

I have read stories in the press and heard talk that our club, a club who after their formation had to apply to the SFL and fight our way through the league structure to take our place at the top table of Scottish football, are thought to be thinking of voting for a brand new entity who will have nothing more than the name of one of Scotland's former football clubs. I hope that this is not true.

I have written to you in the past with regard to newcos being allowed direct entry into the country's premier football competition and made my feelings clear then but just to recap and being specific about Rangers this time, a club who has apparently cheated their way through the last decade and certainly last season has no place resurrecting itself into the top league. If any other Scottish football club were to be in the same position then I am sure that they would find no help in retaining their place, when Gretna folded their newco never even gained access to the senior level of our game.

I now find myself again feeling that I should withdraw my support from ICT if a newco was to be allowed direct access to the SPL, I felt proud of my club knowing that they were part of a movement which denied a set list of penalties effectively denying direct entry to any newco teams and I was proud of your comments following Rangers' action in the court of session but having seen my club's name banded about as one who would certainly support Rangers' application to have their SPL share transferred to a new company and new club I am now worried that financial considerations are once again being prioritised over the good name of our game.

Please prove me wrong once again. If not would you be so good as to make arrangements for the rights to name and crest of Caledonian FC to be transfered to fans of the former club so that we can reform it and have a decent team to support again?

Too far?

LOL - any random club?! I recommend kidding-on the Chairman of Ross County you'll cancel ST if he votes in favour of parachuting Govan Utd in!

You can tell him Her Majesty wants her money, he had an EBT. :lol:

What happens to the club's history?

The Rangers Football Club PLC is a public limited company registered in Scotland (company number: SC004276) and was incorporated on 27 May, 1899. When the current company is officially liquidated, all of its corporate business history will come to an end.

When this happened to Airdrieonians in 2002, all of the trophies, titles and records associated with the club were discontinued and a new club, Airdrie United FC, took over. Airdrieonians' official history ended in 2002, then Airdrie United's took over.

The answer lies principally in the eye of the beholder. Some supporters will view the new Rangers as the same Rangers, while others will feel the old Rangers no longer exist.

Liquidation, no history for the newco. players or other employees not required to move to the newco. = THE END

Do we get a second GTF day this season?

Please please pretty please Mr Nice Man Div

You can tell him Her Majesty wants her money, he had an EBT. :lol:

Erm, no he never. You'll be thinking of Director of Football George Adams, as opposed to Chairman Roy McGregor.

http://www.thescotti...homepage/sport/

Chasbo issueing threats again. "If Rangers are suspended, there is no Sky contract, no Old Firm derbies, no revenue for smaller clubs when Rankers turn up, the knock on effect for Scottish football would be catastrophic

1) Has Sky given a statement that the TV deal is null and void?

2) Glasgow will be a safer place if there are no old firm derbies. Hospitals (and families) will breathe a sigh of relief

3) The Orcs have already said they are gonna boycott most Scottish grounds

4) The knock on effect would be a fantastic boost to Scottish football

The guy is in a state of panic!!!

Edited by Sting777