Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Someone mentioned Green might walk away. I think he will have to try to get something out of it. Did Haudit and Daudit not say in one of their statements, most of their £5m fee has already been covered by funds lodged by him? He has to try to recoup now & is probably wondering what crap he has got himself into.

Leggo might be right today, the only way is for him to make is to lease the grounds back to Newco for years to come (That is if The Shwhytester doesn't come back looking for his floating charge money)

Lots of twists to come I think

What happens to the club's history?

The Rangers Football Club PLC is a public limited company registered in Scotland (company number: SC004276) and was incorporated on 27 May, 1899. When the current company is officially liquidated, all of its corporate business history will come to an end.

When this happened to Airdrieonians in 2002, all of the trophies, titles and records associated with the club were discontinued and a new club, Airdrie United FC, took over. Airdrieonians' official history ended in 2002, then Airdrie United's took over.

The answer lies principally in the eye of the beholder. Some supporters will view the new Rangers as the same Rangers, while others will feel the old Rangers no longer exist.

Liquidation, no history for the newco. players or other employees not required to move to the newco. = THE END

This is going to be a perpetual dispute, of course. Rangers fans will cite Leeds, Middlesbrough, etc. and rival fans will claim they're brand-spanking-new. And continue ad infinitum.

(That said you cannot use Airdrieonians as an example. They created no Newco. They were liquidated, and some businessman bought Clydebank, renamed it and changed its ground and colours).

What a day! I'm still glowing with joy, but as I said on an earlier post this is just the beginning of the end.

I fully expect things to unravel further from here. I am totally convinced that now HMRC have shown their hand the whole stack of cards is going to come down. If Green knows what's good for him he'll save whatever face he has and get the hell out before he wastes even more money, time and *cough* reputation on this farce.

That Sun front cover needs to be framed and placed in the boardroom of every professional football club in the country. A reminder that if you try and cheat your way to success it will eventually catch up with you. I only hope that the powers that be have the courage of their current convictions to follow this up with the full investigation it requires. As a UK tax payer I'm livid that SDM and Whyte and characters of that ilk continue to walk away from these types of tax dodges as if nothing wrong has occured. In these tough times will as a society need to bring these cancerous characters to account for their deeds.

Looking back on yesterdays response by fans of the football club that used to exist called Glasgow Rangers I am bemused that they still haven't got the slightest clue that HMRC aren't to blame. The blame lies solely at the door of the current and previous governance of the company. It appears to me that their support consists of 70% uneductated, bigoted, dimwits (I include Green in this group) and 30% cowards. The majority just lap up the pish spouted by which ever figurehead is in rolled in front of the camera on any given day whilst the remaining 'decent' supporters deep down know what's going on but don't have the courage to speak out against it, let alone take any action. Just goes to show how blinded by success this group of glory hunting bast*rds have been.

Finally it has also struck me again how disconnected most of "the ppl" are from the reality of diddy opinion. They genuinely seemed shocked that almost to a man, woman and child fans of the smaller teams want a Scottish football system without their poisonous, corrupt and arrogant club. My first contact with "them" was as a 12 year old kid following my local team. A cup visit to Starks' was widely unremarkable in my memory apart from Butcher/Roberts et al playing keep ball for the final 20 minutes to avoid a cup upset and earn a credible draw against our diddy team of part timers from Fife. The return at Ibrox was quite different. At this point I had only one experience of attending big football matches - a pretty mental Chelsea v West Ham game at the height of the football hooligan problem. Its a local derby, tensions were running high. As a kid I did kind of get the connection between the context and the Beruit like scenes post match. I never felt threatened or intimidated even when the mentals were kicking seven shades out of each other just across the street. The mentals fought themselves and generally the sane supporters didn't get caught up in the trouble. The experience at Ibrox was totally different.

Going into the ground getting spat at, verbally abused, threathend with violence and generally intimidated by grown men as a timid 12 year old kid going to the football with my dad and younger brother. Why? Because I had the gall to support a diddy team that clearly threatened the status of the mightly Glasgow Rangers. We got hammered 5-1 I think. Didn't stop the continual goading throughout the match, sectarian singing, various forms of body fluids being discharged from the top of the Broomloan road stand in our direction along with coins and who knows what else and so on. Compared to the friendly, good natured banter and experience over the years at virtually all other Scottish grounds (including Scumferline) the Ibrox experience is one I doubt I'll ever miss. This was just my first taste of the Rangers experience. There are plenty more both as a kid and adult. My brother who got a job selling match day programmes at home games as a teenager had such a bad experience getting bullied by grown men in the Rangers support he ditched the job and even to this day rarely goes back to Stark's these days.

These are not isolated incidents. Having spoken with many friends of diddy teams over the years this is a common experience. Add systematic cheating over a period of many years and continued arrogance and threatening behaviour in the face of an insurmountable weight of evidence against your club is it any wonder you are the most hated football club in Scotland? Sorry I should say WERE the most hated football club in Scotland.

The fact that in a few hours you will cease to be brings great joy, not just to me, but hundreds of thousands of football supporters across Scotland. That you can't understand the reason why we are delighting in every single piece of negative news in this epic farce is beyond belief.

I genuinely hope that the footballing authorises take this opportunity to send you the way of Third Lanark. Scottish football and Scotland as a country will be a better place without you.

M

Great and well considered post - my joy of seeing well considered pieces is overflowing.

Oh, we do. look at the Pakistani cricketers last year, for a few no-balls thrown. And remember, the SFA tribunal said RFC's behaviour was JUST SHORT of match-fixing, and I suppose the no-balls were JUST SHORT of match-fixing. Over to you, Chief Inspector.

Tbf, deliberately bowling a no-ball is matchfixing, end-of-story.

admin@ictst.co.uk

Hello,

I am writing to let the supporters trust know that myself and my family are currently

holding off regarding our season ticket renewals until we see which

way the club votes on the admission of a NewCo directly into the SPL.

In our opinion this should not be countenanced, as it is an insult to

every club which has acted in a responsible and sporting fashion.

Furthermore, the attitude of the Rangers support regarding the

boycotting of clubs who speak out against them cannot be condoned,

and might well mean there is little financial benefit to having them in the SPL.

Regrettably we will be unable to continue our support of the club

if they do not act for the good of the game.

Send it to kenny.cameron@ictfc.co.uk as well.

It's time for fans of the other SPL clubs to stand up and be counted, Scottish football needs YOU.

Every last one of you should be texting/phoning/visiting/socialnetworking everyone you know encouraging them to contact their club to insist Rangers start at the bottom.

DONT sit on your arse bumping your gums, this is the ONLY chance you'll get to influence a positive change in Scottish football.

'MON ALL YOU DIDDIES, GET OUT THERE AND TRY TO GET THIS SHOWER OF CHEATING b*****dS PUNTED TO THE 3RD DIVISION.

Ronald de Bore now spouting some pish about SPL not surviving with out Rainjurs. Do you know what? It would be bloody marvellous if the SPL collapsed. Football would still continue in this country, our teams would still continue but we could get away from being held to ransom by TV and the bigot brothers. I would much much rather watch Kilmarnock in small time league they have a chance of winning than in the boredom that is the SPL.

It's time for fans of the other SPL clubs to stand up and be counted, Scottish football needs YOU.

Every last one of you should be texting/phoning/visiting/socialnetworking everyone you know encouraging them to contact their club to insist Rangers start at the bottom.

DONT sit on your arse bumping your gums, this is the ONLY chance you'll get to influence a positive change in Scottish football.

'MON ALL YOU DIDDIES, GET OUT THERE AND TRY TO GET THIS SHOWER OF CHEATING b*****dS PUNTED TO THE 3RD DIVISION.

Sorry, but if we're punting them from SPL as them continuing is immoral, then them getting parachuted into SFL3 is also immoral.

If they do get hoofed out, then they should start at the lowest rung of non-amateur football... being the Central 2nd Division of West Region, Scottish Junior FA.

I can see Green walking away in the next fortnight, too.

1. His "agreement" with H&D surely isn't worth the paper it is written on. H&D may well transfer the "assets" to his NewCo before disappearing off into the sunset with their lever arch files and millions of pounds. The liquidators (and indeed maybe other creditors) will almost certainly challenge this and insist that whilst Green has the right to make an offer, the assets must be auctioned for the benefit of the creditors.

2. His media appearances have been a real shuttlecrash in the last 48 hours. He knows embarrassingly little about how TUPE works, as posters have shown, nor does he appear to have much of a clue about the nature of the SPL or its workings.

3. with the majority of the players walking for nothing post-liquidation and the physical assets subject to an auction, it really is hard to see how a fast buck can be made here. No doubt Green's "backers" will realise this.

4. The oldco brand is also now valueless, as use of the old RFC logo by a NewCo will in all likelihood leave them liable for the debts of the liquidated company.

5. From what I've seen the views of Rangers fans are hardening against Green as they begin to see that he's yet another chancer looking to profit from their suffering and then disappear in a puff of smoke.

6. If RFC lose the SPL vote then that really will be the last nail in the coffin- not just for Green, but anyone else. Everyone knows that you only lose money running a club in the SFL. Where's the incentive for him and his investors in that scenario?

Green's finished- unless the SPL vote them straight back in.

was thinking of e-mailing st mirren

i go to a couple games a season since its walking distance , and i wouldnt bother giving them any cash should a newco be allowed back in

but i dunno whether id be wasting my time seeing as im not a supporter

Also, thats a point, firstly the journos and ex-players were peddling the line, Rangers are too big to die. Well that is that one out of the window. Now they all frantically trying to tow the line "Scottish football will die without Rangers". In what sense? What would stop all of the other clubs in the SPL from making their own newcos, leaving their debt in one and moving all their history and prestige into a debt free new company. That would allow for a fresh start with no doubt surely, much like Rangers are scrapping to do...

Of course, that all comes down to dignity, which Rangers have none of, and the SPL clubs have a small amount left until the time comes where they all vote back in Rangers. rolleyes.gif

Was listening to Radio Scotland this morning. It was some talk show but it was full of ra peepul from all over Scotland, fife, earlston displaying the arrogant, deny deny attitude that we've been subjected to for months.

They want in div 3. Usual pish they thought east fife and Alloa were in the bottom tier. Ignorant c***s. f**k the rangers and their cretin filled glory hunting fans.