Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Although I can't answer your question I'd also like to know if there is an ongoing police investigation in to all this. I seem to remember files being passed from Ibrox to Strathclyde's Finest for investigation. Surely criminal proceedings will ensue if wrongdoing is found. Any info welcome. :)

OH that would be classic if Campbell Ogilvie was investigated for FRAUD and jailed :lol: as he was there as a ring leader when the EBT was in full swing.

OK I found the GN section :oops and the biggest on it is ! reasons to be cheerful thread.

• 59,806 Replies

If you haven't explored the site, I thoroughly recommend P+B GOLD section, esp the 'Ask Auntie Phil' + 'Alternative Leigh Griffith Blog''.

Edited by wunfellaff

Does anyone know whether some of the EBT big earners like Klos, Barry the Crab, Nerlinger et al will be investigated by HMRC, along with the ringleaders?

It seems like the cost of prosecution is prohibitive but they will pursue individuals "pour encourager des autres".

Given this seems to be a case they want to be thorough in, I wondered whether anyone had heard of this being proposed?

Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread but can't be arsed trawling through all the pages on the off-chance.

I know someone who still keeps in contact with Nerlinger. I knew he was doing well for himself at Bayern Munich and a quick Wiki search shows he is currently their General Manager.

Does anyone know whether some of the EBT big earners like Klos, Barry the Crab, Nerlinger et al will be investigated by HMRC, along with the ringleaders?

It seems like the cost of prosecution is prohibitive but they will pursue individuals "pour encourager des autres".

Given this seems to be a case they want to be thorough in, I wondered whether anyone had heard of this being proposed?

Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread but can't be arsed trawling through all the pages on the off-chance.

If the tax man is now gooing after indivivduals rather than the club for overdue tax then will that mean we'll soon be seeing all those dual contracts suddenly appearing?

I'm pretty sure the players haven't broken any rules, it's the company that arranged it that is getting investigated. Like wee Billy said "Murray asked me to take my wages in a lump sum, he said he had already deducted the PAYE and NI." (not verbatum)

The Liquidators will no doubt be asking the players for evidence how they were paid though, and why Smith and/or Souness were paid big bundles long after they had left Rangers.

Edited by welshbairn

Got to say I was disappointed in Cliftonhill when we played Accies there and John Robertson scored for Dundee. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was hoping it would be. That was about 20 years ago, mind.

Two other grounds come to mind as being much worse.

Cowdenbeath. Need I say more.

And Firhill. Not getting at you guys as Thistle are a fine club, but back in January, with fans on two sides of the ground, wind and rain, is as bleak a football prospect as I ever want to witness, and never want to see again.

To dispel another myth, I think Cappielow is a tidy wee ground, which I really enjoy visiting. With the setting near the river, the cranes and all, it looked lovely in the September/April whenever it was sunshine.

Yes...Cliftonhill - my memory of that game was the (excellent) catering van giving out more light onto the penalty box than the floodlights. And how could the keeper(s) keep concentration with the smell of chips wafting onto the pitch?

Also think that Rangers fans would enjoy a trip to Forthbank. Great ground - close to the pitch and a good atmosphere.

None of this makes sense to me, really. I don't understand why an entirely new company is allowed to vote on whether it should be allowed into the vacant space left by Dead Rangers. I don't understand why I Can't Believe It's Not Rangers have a stronger claim to that vacant SPL slot than, say, Dundee do. I don't understand why Dundee haven't steamed in with an SPL application.

I don't understand how Vampire Rangers can be the same club but also get away without paying the millions they owe. I don't know why Hearts, for instance, aren't demanding first refusal on their stolen defender. I don't understand why UEFA aren't annoyed that Dead Rangers stole from clubs all over Europe. I'm baffled that the SPL/SFA didn't notice the leagues needed urgent restructuring until one of their biggest cash cows keeled over and carked it... I could go on, but you get the idea.

I can only see three explanations for this - either a) I'm too dense to get it (very possible) or 2) Somebody is at it or 3) Both.

From today's Shun.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4376051/FIFA-take-back-seat.html

FIFA not getting involved in the TUPE argument; it's up to the SFA to sort it out.

A FIFA spokesman, asked if registration disputes would be down to the SFA’s discretion, said: “Yes. Neither a player nor a club can hold the registration of a player. A player is registered at an association. As a general rule, a contract may be prematurely terminated by either party without consequences of any kind where there is just cause.

“Whether a just cause is given or not must, in case of a dispute, be assessed while considering the specific and particular circumstances of the concrete case.

“Consequently, it is not possible to provide a straight-forward list of occurrences that constitute just cause.

“However, FIFA is only competent to hear an employment-related dispute between a club and a player if the facts have an international dimension.”

Players would have had no say in the matter had H&D terminated their contracts at the beginning of administration and H&D would have told the SFA to keep their noses out of the matter as it didn't concern them, it would have been a matter of employment law. However the boot is now on the other foot and Green and H&D are trying to use the SFA connection to oblige players to transfer over to Newco. Just like the Oldco/Newco discussions they are trying to keep their cake and eat it at the same time Why should the SFA prevent players from walking out when it is their legal right under TUPE?

Why are you so obsessed with our debt? What about dundee utd's debt or hearts'?

It seems more Killie fans obsessed with talking Falkirk and then i attack your debt to deflectlaugh.gif

Feel free to answer the original question though.

Has the SPL media committe asked for a meeting with SKY to discuss the TV deal?

If not why not?

If they have what is the outcome of these discussions?

Why hasn't a single SPL chairman had the common sense to ask these three questions?

I can only see three explanations for this - either a) I'm too dense to get it (very possible) or 2) Somebody is at it or 3) Both.

a), 2) + 3) :lol:

I go with a)

I'm pretty sure the players haven't broken any rules, it's the company that arranged it that is getting investigated. Like wee Billy said "Murray asked me to take my wages in on lump sum, he said he had already deducted the PAYE and NI." (not verbatum)

The Liquidators will no doubt be asking the players for evidence how they were paid though, and why Smith and/or Souness were paid big bundles long after they had left Rangers.

WOW that could be a complete clusterfuck if ex-players were summoned to any hearings :o imagine the global interest there and the embarrassment worldwide for the rankers involved with fraud on a monumental scale never seen in football !.

The rankers administration just keeps on giving and giving :blink:.