Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Are you feeling OK? Surprised my theatre of dreams didn't get a mention ...

Afraid Somerset's not in the same league, literally.

By the way, overhead kick goals should be disallowed for dangerous play. Only kidding, it was one of the best goals I've ever seen, a peach.

It was a ridiculous rule to expect clubs to build 10,000 seat white elephants which might never be needed. Well done to the authorities for showing flexibility to ICT and Ross County.

Who pushed for the 10000 all seater stadiums and who benefited from selling the steel? Nuff said really

Sir David Murray...Craig Whyte. After 140 years of unrivalled success you took less than 12 months to kill our club. You will never be forgiven and it will never be forgotten!!

God bless both of them!

Sir David Murray...Craig Whyte. After 140 years of unrivalled success you took less than 12 months to kill our club. You will never be forgiven and it will never be forgotten!!

4 men had a dream...destroyed by 2 power hungry egotistical b*****ds

2 men plus all the other directors and senior staff, and players / management who took the big bucks and said fcuk all.

Rangers being punished for the actions of an individual?

My arse!

Nah not the same satisfaction as 1690 had. Was kind of expecting Green to reveal the plans for Ibrox conversion into a luxury retirement home the way things were going.

4 men had a dream...destroyed by 2 power hungry egotistical b*****ds

I think you'll find it was 276 months in the making.

Not true. Loans can be made on any condition the lender wants. There doesn't need to be an agreement or timescale for repayment included.

More to the facts any EBT over 5 years old which the Rangers Trust have not contacted the person about are automatically forgiven under Scots law.

I think you will find that this is not true. If I lend you £50 and tell you you can refund it by doing work in my garden then I'm sure the taxman would have something to say about that as it would be considered to be a salary.

From the OED

loan

Pronunciation: /ləʊn/

noun

• a thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back with interest: borrowers can take out a loan for £84,000
  • an act of lending something to someone: she offered to buy him dinner in return for the loan of the flat
  • short for loanword.

verb

[with object]

• lend (a sum of money or item of property): the computer was loaned to us by the theatre [with two objects]: he knew Rab would not loan him money

Note the phrase "that is expected to be paid back with interest". This is why an "interest-free loan" is qualified; it is however still expected to be paid back.

It was a ridiculous rule to expect clubs to build 10,000 seat white elephants which might never be needed. Well done to the authorities for showing flexibility to ICT and Ross County.

Well done FFC for refusing to bow to this ridiculous rule.

How many clubs came near to death trying to live the dream?

Their are still clubs paying back that cash, and they have the cheek to act all high and mighty over FFC for not being so stupid.

Edited by Gaz FFC

I think you will find that this is not true. If I lend you £50 and tell you you can refund it by doing work in my garden then I'm sure the taxman would have something to say about that as it would be considered to be a salary.

From the OED

[/i]

Note the phrase "that is expected to be paid back with interest". This is why an "interest-free loan" is qualified; it is however still expected to be paid back.

WELL DONE WEEHECTORPAR IS FIRST POSTER ON PAGE 1873 WHOOOOOSH :lol:

Edited by hellbhoy

the risks of staging a football match should be borne by the home club not the paying fan.

if the club is unhappy with that risk they have the option of taking out insurance.

No diddy SPL outfit would have taken that hit, Motherwell included.

Anyone got any idea when the vote might take place? with the league starting in a month teams are going to need to find out soon what league they are going to be playing in.

That's got me with the SFA wanting to change things now a few weeks away from the start of the new season, teams have built/ building their squads for the divison they think they are going to compete in, whether it be to fight for promotion, fight off relegation or just a mid table finish.

This action should have started in March, if changes to the league structure happen in such a short notice then you will find many clubs complaining.

If any changes happen i can't see it coming in until next season

I'm all for reconstruction, it's long overdue. 16 would be my preference. My concern is that this is being rushed through to allow T'rangers a quick route back into the top flight. As has been pointed out on here, they are a new club without any history and must be made to go in at the bottom of the pyramid. If through results they end up in the top flight after fighting their way up from our equivalent of say the unibond league then fair enough!. Any reconstruction should only happen from season 2013/14 to allow time for proper consideration from all stakeholders, especially supporters. This will allow teams to know what they are playing for in 2012/13.

Edited by 1962bairn

As I understand, so far, they can't apply sanctions to the new company,

BUT, are they in their rights to impose conditions on entry?

It seems quite straightforward to me. If Newco wants to adopt the history of Oldco then they adopt anything which was under enquiry with the football authorities. If Newco is genuinely a Newco and insists that the old stuff is nothing to do with them then they are a completely new applicant to the SPL

No way can you claim ownership of 54 titles but not claim ownership of the shite that came with it. When debt was dumped it was only creditors that got fucked.

If they are a genuine Newco and they swan into the SPL or SFL then it would be reasonable for Spartans and others desiring a place at the table to phone Platinin and Blatter and ask them what the fvck is going on.