Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1339877561[/url]' post='6343624']

Only Newco didn't get a 10 point deduction or a £160,000 fine; Oldco did. Newco's only punishment so far is a three-year European ban. Still, not bad for a club only 2 days old. :D

Aye, but NewCo don't have the glorious glittering history that makes them one of Europe's top sides, loved by all, feared by many etcetcetc

Have we settled on a name yet? I quite liked The The, whoever suggested that.

Can Smith be called into question as a fit and proper person if in a bid if they find him as knowledgeable of the EBT system in place?

Campbell Ogilvie is beyond reproach, is purer than the driven slush snow and a man of unimpeachable credentials.

He is so fit and so proper that they made him President of the Banana Republic Football Association.

We should be so grateful to have such a safe, clean pair of hands on the tiller.

:ph34r:

Only Newco didn't get a 10 point deduction or a £160,000 fine; Oldco did. Newco's only punishment so far is a three-year European ban. Still, not bad for a club only 2 days old. :D

I'm rehashing info from earlier in the thread but seemingly a transfer of SPL share from oldco to newco = a transfer of football entity. Therefore, the punishments of the oldco are carried forward in to the newco. That's my understanding of it.

Can I post the Berwick badge on page 1881 and 1884, as there is some debate about the actual year of establishment?

Is the Julian calendar and gregorian calendar dispute still going on down in Berwick , for god's sake you've even signed a peace treaty with the USSR but can't you agree on which calendar to userolleyes.gif

Can Smith be called into question as a fit and proper person if in a bid if they find him as knowledgeable of the EBT system in place?

Of course not - this is Uncle Walter, friend of the media, hero of the people.

Why would anyone question his reputation?

Surely there's no need for any unpleasantness, after all they have been punished enough....what with the fine they didn't pay, the points deduction that made no difference and being let off the £135 million they owed.

Whatever you do, don't mention the embargo!

hqdefault.jpg

The following from RTC Blog Comments

SPL Articles of Association

14. If:-

(i) a Member shall cease to be entitled to hold a Share; or

(ii) a trustee in sequestration, manager, receiver or administrative receiver shall be appointed in respect of a Member or any property of a Member, or an administration order shall be made in respect of a Member or any property of a Member or an order shall be made or an effective resolution passed for the winding up of a Member otherwise than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation;

then that Member or its manager, receiver, administrative receiver, administrator or liquidator or any other person entitled to the Share shall, on receiving notice in writing from the Board following the Company in General Meeting passing a Qualified Resolution that such notice should be issued by the Board and confirming the identity of the proposed transferee, transfer its Share to such other person as the Board shall direct at the price of £1 and the Club owned and operated by such Member shall forthwith cease to be a member of the League and the Club owned and operated by the transferee shall become a member of the League in its place.

….

17. Whenever a requirement to transfer a Share shall arise, if the relevant Member shall fail to transfer its Share within seven (7) days of notice having been given of the requirement to transfer, the Board may authorise any Director of the Company to execute a transfer thereof and a transfer so executed shall be valid and effective as if the same had been executed by the Member concerned and the transferee shall on payment of the sum of £1 to the Secretary to be held in trust for the transferor be entered in the register of Members as the holder of such Share.

NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETINGS

25 A General Meeting called for the passing of a special resolution, Qualified Resolution or Special Qualified Resolution shall be called by at least twenty-one (21) clear days' notice. All other General Meetings (including any General Meeting at which a resolution in respect of a Reserved Matter for which a Qualified Resolution or Special Qualified Resolution is not required) shall be called by at least fourteen (14) clear days' notice save for a meeting called by shorter notice if it is so agreed:-

(i) in the case of an Annual General Meeting by all the Members entitled to attend and vote thereat; and

(ii) in the case of a General Meeting other than the Annual General Meeting by a majority in number of the Members having a right to attend and vote being a majority together holding not less than 95% in nominal value of the issued Shares giving that right.

Four things:

1. If DeadRangers FC are suspended or expelled from the SFA (and lose their entitlement to an SPL share in that way) or BDo are appointed and the resolution for winding up is passed, it takes an SPL Qualified Resolution to agree the identity of the recipient of DeadRangers SPL share. A Qualified Resolution requires 90% of members to agree – effectively 11 out of 12 (or 10 out 11 if DRFC don't get a vote).

2. To call a General Meeting, where a Qualified Resolution is required, there must be a 21 day notice period.

3. To give shorter notice, 95% of members must agree – effectively all 12 (or all 11).

4. If the SPL wish to change any of these Articles, it too requires a Qualified Resolution – 21 days notice and 90% agreement.

Since it is almost certain that DeadRangers FC will be suspended or expelled by the SFA before the SPL can lawfully convene a meeting to decide where their SPL share will go, would it not now be sensible to simply expel them for failing to produce audited accounts?

SPL Rule H5 kicks in (Dumfermline are re-instated) and the NewClub can get moving on applying to the SFL for their vacant spot in the 3rd division.

----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ ---------

To avoid all the above taking place, Regan / Ogilvie and Co now want to srap the SPL at the drop of a hat. Stinks to fvck. :angry:

Aw naw. I suggested a revamp of the leagues would be a good thing.

Now I'm unhappy about it.

I'm like the guy in the pub in the Paul Whitehouse sketch.

I'm looking forward to this pish being settled!

Edited by cyderspaceman