Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It seems to be a popular belief that Killie will back Rangers - do Squirrelhumper and craigkillie think that's wrong?

To be honest the Killie fans on here seem to reckon their clubs finances is a shining example because their £9M debt is because of the hotel.

The facts are they haven't been in the black for more than 15 years and the only reason it's came down recently is a director writing off owed money, selling land and players sales. Not exactly a sustainable debt reduction plan.

At the end of the day if the bank wanted paid Monday they'd be fecked.

1339886492[/url]' post='6344157']

If Motherwell are setup to rely on Rangers presence to survive, then they don't deserve to survive any more than Rangers do , same goes for any other team that has spent the past however many years chasing 3rd place, in what may become the most corrupt league in the world.

For the record I include Accies in that statement :(

Though it pains me to agree with an Accies fan*, you are spot on with this. If we cannot balance the books without Rangers then we deserve everything we get. This is a sport. The business side only exists to support the sport, not the other way about. Without the sport then all you have is an utterly terrible business that is a very poor way of making money.

If no Rangers means we struggle financially and end up a smaller club, then so be it. Even if that means relegation. Hell I'll always have my Champions League memories.

I agree with Continental Drifter, if Rangers are voted back into the SPL then forget it, I won't be back and I won't be sending in my cheque to join The Well Society. What's the point when the game is rigged? Since I'm stuck down in England then I'll just make the most of it and carry on following Man City. Hell after a few lean years since I first started following them in 1979 things seem to have taken a turn for the better recently.

*Actually that's not strictly true, I am rather enjoying this diddy love-in.

For a start, the first guy to say there was no chance of a CVA and they were going to liquidate would've been chased out of town with pitchforks and blazing torches.

If i was in charge of haudit and daudit they'd be told to string it out as long as possible to make as much as they could.

YEH and I'll bet the liquidators will have a few questions to ask the administrators during the fraud investigation why they didn't liquidate straight after the season finished for the gers to get as much back for the creditors.

I'm sure they would pass on letting the team finish the season first before liquidating as a gesture of good will,but how much in wages was lost to the doomed CVA since early May when the rankers played their last game and Nuff n Helps fees accumulation ? 7 figures plus perhaps ? SHOCKING admin if there was no buyer to pay £1 in the £1 to save them.

Everything is temporary : An arguably unsympathetic yet helpful tool for fans of Rangers fc following their tragic voyage into the dark void that is death.

I have chosen to look at the death of rangers f.c. and the impact on it's fans as a very small case study in the common irrational emotions which serve only to prevent complete mental breakdown following the death of a loved one.

Rangers f.c. recently died. For many this was a joyous occasion, but for the supporters of Rangers f.c. this was an unimaginable tragedy. Worse than the most vivid, chainsaw filled nightmare. And it was real. There are a number of factors which combine to make this such a good example for a human behaviour study. The contrast from a massively successful and ambitious club which had 'simply the best' as its theme tune, to its death, buried in shame and disgrace, has produced 'Princess Diana syndrome' among Scottish football fans throughout the country. Even people who were relatively apathetic towards Princess Diana and the Royal Family know where they were when they received the news of her death, and the same can be seen among Scottish football fans following the death of Rangers football club. Rangers f.c. appeared healthy on the pitch, and although there were financial concerns leading up to their death there was a general feeling that Rangers f.c., like The Titanic, was unsinkable. Someone would throw more money at them. Instead, a horrific self induced death was what followed, brought on by their overambitious lust for success.

What now happens after liquidation is, relatively, as futile as making long pork sausage sandwiches from the salty corpse of Osama bin laden and claiming he is still at large. Rangers f.c. will not be winning any competitions in the same way that a 'bin laden butty' will not be masterminding any atrocities. I suppose the supporting of any team produced in Rangers memory can be compared to visiting a grave to pay respects to a loved one. It doesn't actually achieve anything but makes people feel better. This may seem unsympathetic, but the laws of the universe sadly apply. Even atoms have a lifespan, and Rangers f.c. are no exception. This will hopefully expedite the grieving process and help the Rangers f.c. family move onto acceptance.

What we have been witnessing among many Rangers f.c. fans is in the period after death where people often refuse to accept death has even happened at all. Many Rangers f.c. fans are desperately applying CPR long after the doctor has gone home and had the couscous his wife diligently prepared. Soon these fans will become physically and mentally exhausted, and most likely collapse to the floor, saturated in their own tears, sweat and urine. And possibly other discharges. Until then they will not be ready to embrace acceptance.

When acceptance is finally embraced by the fans of this study, there will be a massive social and cultural void to be filled. After all, they didn't just lose a football team, they lost their identity. Going back to the pork sausages, creating a new team to follow, without history, may help a little, but it would help a great deal more if fans of Rangers f.c. divert their energy and attention to a new persuit or activity, such as becoming active members in a charity which supports victims of sexual abuse at the hands of religious figures, something I hear Rangers f.c. have strong feelings on, while not appearing to offer much help in terms of victim support.

It will soon be time for acceptance dear former rangers fc family. So dear fans, take comfort in the knowledge that everything is temporary and death comes to us all.

'Follow, follow, we will follow rangers' . . . . . . Please don't. . . . . . . At least not before your time.

This is for our brothers and sisters (in the name of equality) of Dundee f.c., Hibernian f.c., Aberdeen f.c., Ross County f.c., Heart of Midlothian f.c., Dunfermline a.f.c., St. Mirren f.c., Kilmarnock f.c., Motherwell f.c., St. Johnstone f.c., Inverness Caledonian Thistle f.c., St. Mirren f.c., Falkirk f.c., Partick Thistle f.c., Dundee United f.c., and every other Scottish club that gets excited at being in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup.

One day we will have our sport back.

To integrity.

I think this is quite an important issue as this matter is discussed in wider forums. People describing at as a ban suggests that it is a form of punishment and that it should be taken into account when considering other sanctions. I think it's important that we clarify that misconception.

It's not about being pedantic, it's part of the propaganda war - we should not let it go unchallenged.

but it is a punishment. thats the whole point of the rule. there is no other reason for the rule. its to punish cheating clubs who liquidate to dump debt.

but it is a punishment. thats the whole point of the rule. there is no other reason for the rule. its to punish cheating clubs who liquidate to dump debt.

Granny's valid point is that Newco(rpse) will say a 3 year European ban is sufficient punishment, whereas they've simply failed to meet the criteria for playing in Europe, by not having been members of a national football association for 3 years.

Edited by welshbairn

Must admit I was a bit down yesterday with the Cardigan/Traynor conspiracy seemingly riding to the rescue of Newco. I thought the pressure that would be brought upon the SPL Chairmen by the media would have been pretty much unbearable.

That was until Super Spency this afternoon and his comments on season ticket sales (which has been little mentioned so far). According to the Ginger One ST sales for many of our clubs have flatlined and in his words these clubs are facing facing financial Armageddon. Yorkston of the Pars then added that whilst his club had sold in excess of 1200 STs he knows of Prem clubs who had sold only one or two hundred.

Even some of the idiots who run our clubs must accept that the consequences of admitting Newco (with or without sanctions) directly to the SPL will cause a financial hit far greater than the loss of TV money and an away support will provide.

This has been talked of at length on this and other sites but does`nt seem to have been actualy publically co-ordinated so I think it`s taken the Chairmen and the media by surprise a little. There`s now little talk (even from Traynor or Young) of `keyboard warriors` and `they say that now but they`ll renew`. It`s what will relegate Newco to the 3rd .

Take a bow guys. I now honestly can`t see where they`ll get the 8 votes from.

Granny's valid point is that Newco(rpse) will say a 3 year European ban is sufficient punishment, whereas they've simply failed to meet the criteria for playing in Europe, by not having been members of a national football association for 3 years.

Haven't seen that before - NEWCO(RPSE) - totally apt

Could we adopt that now as the new term for that club which recently went out of business, what was their name again.....ach, can't remember

I truly believe their is some behind the scenes talk going on with how they can save Rangers, punish them slightly and keep the rest of the SPL fans from a mass boycott on the agenda.

The facts are pretty simple here, if this was any of Scotlands other 40 teams they'd be dead by now.

Killing Rangers is a job that needs done but nobody will do it.

I keep trying to figure out what is the best I can expect here. The answer seems to be Rangers kicked out of the leagues altogether.

I worry which team they would target to do an Airdrie too for a return though.

We may have a Rangers free SPL for a while, so it's best we use this time wisely to vote through a few changes.

I can't help wondering what kind of Rangers will return to the SPL though.

Will they be all friendly and just glad to be back having survived all this, or more pissed off the diddies stood up to the bully and punished them?

Rangers and Celtic will see their cushy wee arrangement ripped to shreds with all this and I for 1 can't wait to see their faces.

Edited by Gaz FFC

xZP9E.jpg

Don't know if this has been done before - The Zombies - 'She's not there' parody - a tribute to Sir David Murray

Well no one told us about them, the way he lied

Well no one told us about them, the ‘peepil’ cried

But it's too late to say we’re sorry

How would we know, why should we care

We’re the famous Glasgow Rangers, we don’t care

Well let me tell you 'bout the E.B.T.s

The tax evation, secret money to the Bears

His voice was soft and cool

His eyes were clear and bright

Told them all not to tell

Well no one told us about them, so what could we do

Well no one told us about them, we’re loyal and blue

Please don't bother tryin' to fine us, we don’t care

Well let me tell you 'bout the way it looked

We won our trophies all fair and square,

Told them all not to tell

We were the famous Glasgow Rangers

Now we’re not there

Well let me tell you 'bout the E.B.Ts

The tax evation, secret money to the Bears

Now we’re not there

NO i Linked the answer of a person that has an idea what is going on.

I would Love Rangers to fold, to be know more and die. However, there isn't a 1% chance of this happening. Lets deal with facts, the average person doesn't have a clue about volentary administration. In the same way they have not a clue about the difference between administration and liquidation. Hence the linkage.

I think you'll find there's a fair few on here that also have an idea what is going on, so while the linkage might be useful for someone such as yourself, it has little value for the rest of us. Thanks for playing, though. :)