Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Shame on all of us not one word of sympathy for the loss of Rangers.

Get yourselves into the Card Factory or Clintons(they need the dough) and buy a sympathy card

or all club together for a nice wreath.

Obviously the other side of the OF will want to send a mass card or hold a candlelit vigil somewhere.

To Rangers supporters everywhere Sorry for your loss.

I can't - my local one is shut. They went into admin and reacted by closing stores and laying off staff.

Which it would appear is an unusual approach!

Seriously, I would imagine his reputation would be high on the list of changes. The taxman said it was wrong and have hit Rangers with a massive bill, they have appealed this. Walter Smith was the manager in that very club for many years when this was going on. I am sure his reputation should be above reproach if he continues in any form within Scottish Football. The same goes for Ally. Ask any persons wrongly accused of a crime and then ask them if it matters that they were found not guilty and their reputation restored. They have not been accused of it yet but mud sticks.

Walter Smith left Rangers in 1998,three years before the EBT scheme was introduced by Murray so unless your speaking of his second term as manager,which clearly you're not,you're very much mistaken. He returned in January 2007 until he left at the end of season 2010/11 so it's very unlikely that he was involved in the EBT scheme,he may have received a payment from it but there is absolutely nothing shown so far that he did.

Walter Smith left Rangers in 1998,three years before the EBT scheme was introduced by Murray so unless your speaking of his second term as manager,which clearly you're not,you're very much mistaken. He returned in January 2007 until he left at the end of season 2010/11 so it's very unlikely that he was involved in the EBT scheme,he may have received a payment from it but there is absolutely nothing shown so far that he did.

I will accept some of that but highlight the point above and mention that previous managers were paid EBTs after leaving Rangers, so not that mistaken. I am strongly of the opinion that the BBC held this and the stuff on Ally back from the program. I also can't prove that but nothing would suprise me.

"Unlike those to whom EBTs were not offered or not available, it appears that Smith was presented during his time as Everton manager with an opportunity that looks similar to that taken by Graeme Souness while manager at Blackburn Rovers. In September 2002, Smith applied to the Murray Group Management Remuneration Trust trustees for a loan for £80,000. Despite the loan request being approved in the same month, the payment does not appear to have ever been completed. Quite what he had done to merit this payment- four years after leaving the Rangers’ employment- is difficult to tell from the paper trail. However, it looks like Walter Smith thought better of receiving money from his old club through the EBT scheme."

Edit :- The above is from elsewhere. They are not my words.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Fucksake, it is illegal to use EBTs as part of a contractual wage. Learn it, hug it close, don't forget it.

I'm still hoping it's even worse than that in the case of Souness and Smith, Secret payments made many years after they left the club to facilitate player transfers between Rangers and Everton/Blackburn/Newcastle etc. Effectively bribery and money laundering, as well as tax evasion. Probably nonsense, but if Leggo can do it....

So the SFA are now becoming anxious about the prospect of the SPL chairmen growing sets and hunting the newco after all. Thus leaving them (SFA) with a tricky decision. Hence the 11th hour attempt to take the SPL out of the equation.

This new structure would pave the way for Sevco2012 to enter the 2nd tier, with it being billed as a radical restructuring of the game for the benefit of all.

Oh dear....

Don`t care. End game for me was always relegate Newco and use the situation to force reconstruction. If it takes an accomodation which relegates them only one division to achieve the latter I`ll take it.

When did Graeme Souness leave?

The BBC clearly stated that the list they had was the people they had proof for. There may or may not have been others - no-one has specifically put this to Walter Smith.

All we want is transparency (A.McCoist, 2012)

I dont understand why there needs to be any issue here at all.

Oldco - is dead and cannot be part of any fixture list

Newco - does not have membership and cannot be part of any fixture list.

The only decision to bemade is whether Dunfermline stay up or Dundee go up. That can be quickly resolved.

Furthermore, any suggestions that Newco should be penalised in any way for the sins of Oldco is complete nonsense. The only questions to be answered are

1. What happens to Oldco's SPL share, and

2. How to deal with Newcos application to join our set up?

The only decision to bemade is whether Dunfermline stay up or Dundee go up. That can be quickly resolved.

Furthermore, any suggestions that Newco should be penalised in any way for the sins of Oldco is complete nonsense. The only questions to be answered are

If Dundee or Dunfermline are in the SPL, they would take the RFC (1872-2012) share, I believe.

The Mail on Sunday says the taxman ARE going after those who had EBTs rather than the dead club. Getting a tax demand for say £50k + would put the frighteners on anyone.

If as Billy Dodds says that he was told all tax was paid on his EBT before he got it, where did the tax money go?

Nail and head.

Fucksake, it is illegal to use EBTs as part of a contractual wage. Learn it, hug it close, don't forget it.

Can you not read my posts?

Yes. And so Rangers need to be hit with sporting sanctions for this. Ive said this twice today.

However, so what if Walter Smith received EBT money? What does that change. It just makes him one of 80+. It really, really isnt a big deal. Even if he did, then like Dodds, he can simply point out that he himself didnt do anything wrong in receiving it. Its the people who ran the scheme that need to pay, and HMRC is dealing with that. If Smith comes out and said he never received any, then those that think he did wont believe him, and his fans didnt care anyway. If he comes out and said he did, then his fans didnt care anyway, and those that think he did won't change their views. Its a complete non issue imo.

Then it is very important that he comes out and says just that - so the fans and everyone else can see he's 'clean'.

Okay Wattie, out with it, tell the truth, there's a good chap.

Hello? Walter? Are you there?