Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Orc fury if Green sells to McKenna :)

There are plenty guys who would rather see the place burn than this happen. No way will this happen, it would be like a scene from from an arabic country with folk burning flags etc.

They would need to deploy the SAS ffs!

Oh please burn it.

Jim Spence‏@bbcjimspence

SFL board to discuss proposals including newco tomorrow. EGM can be called within 5 days. 23 clubs needed to vote newco in to SFL

I've just thought of something that could complicate things here. Who gets to vote on the potential election of Newco/Spartans/Cove etc? Surely it can't be all 30 existing SFL clubs? I would have assumed it would be the 29 SFL clubs who will still be in the SFL next season? Meaning the SFL would need to know which club will be in the SPL instead of the first next season?

AFAIK, the exact details of the League shakeup have yet to be announced. Ideally, Newco won't be in the SPL, which will leave 11 Clubs. A radical solution would be to re-structure the League to a 14 team SPL, moving Dunfermline, Dundee and Falkirk up with immediate effect, Dundee get their derbies, as do Falkirk and Dunfermline. Relegation and play offs all round! You could even keep your split of top 7 and bottom 7 but that's an argument for another day. But a quickfire top 14 is not an impossibility if those in power have the balls to make it happen. Strike while the iron is hot!

no chance of that happening, my reasoning..........its just too dammned EASYph34r.gif

1340658341[/url]' post='6373874']

I believe Green knows exactly what he is doing. He's managed to buy Ibrox, the car park, and Murray Park for £5.5m. He's driven the players out, the team will possibly not have a league to play in, and the supporters won't buy season tickets. The final piece of the endgame will be when he padlocks the gates and sells the land to developers.

I generally tend to favour cock-up rather than conspiracy as a general explanation for most things, and posted quite a bit about how the valuation for Ibrox and MP embedded in Greens bid wasn't as crazy as it seemed to some. And given the current economc climate and cost of carrying a 5.5 million investment I still don't see a clear way for this to be other than insanely risky as a pure real estate asset stripping play.

That being said, Greens' actions since the NewCo have been very, very strange indeed. The whole debacle with the season ticket debits and the uncertainty created about renewals seems insane. That was the largest short term cash flow source and potentially represents a significant chunk of cash. They should have been hammering the logistics out long before the CVA was rejected and had everything worked out so they could make a huge push for ticket sales while the bears were in full defiance mode and before reality set in. Basically sell the books with full disclosure they couldn't guarantee which league they'd be in but would could guarantee the money would be clearly Sevcos. Most probably wouldn't renew under tose conditions but surely some would. They didn't seem to try. If they wanted to be putting a team on the pitch wherever they end up that seems odd.

The whole TUPE thing is also bizarre as even the smarter Rangers supporters seem to agree that the argument that it's breach of contract is barmy. Trying to emotionally blackmail players behind the scenes makes some sense, even it's probably doomed to failure. Publicly calling for a gesture of loyalty and getting the fans to exert pressure might, if done in a vaguely subtle way, be worth a shot as if you generate one cut price transfer fee or retain a single extra player you want and can afford its better than nothing. But coming out with all guns blazing threatening litigation and unleashing the Uruk-Hai based on facially implausible legal argument seems insane. I would imagine some players who might have considered staying for a nanosecond had their mind made up by these kind of tactics, and it doesnt seem like a good way to maintain morale for the players, if any, who stay.

The TUPE thing might make sense as a way to dump the squad and associated costs while directing the fans anger elsewhere, but in that case getting season tickets sorted should be even more critical. A brand new squad will, however cut- price it may be, still require funds.

Either Green is very badly advised or....well, something else.

Jim Spence@bbcjimspence SFL board to discuss proposals including newco tomorrow. EGM can be called within 5 days. 23 clubs needed to vote newco in to SFL

Collapse

cool.gif

But the SPL vote is 04/07 so nothing to vote on at the mo, unless they withdraw application????

But, but - The Columns! Chick's lovely, incisive columns on the BBC Website! Everything I know about football I learned from reading Chick's insights. So what if they were riddled with cliche, tortured metaphors and inaccuracies - I for one was proud that my license fee helped in some small way to keep that wee bawbag in a job 10 years past his fucking sell-by date dry.gif

Only an Excuse might actually be decent for the first time in years with all these events.

I Really don't want us involved in legal opinion here and going to battle with either the SPL or Dundee. Both have a case and it both should just wait on the SPL deciding who to ask to be in the SPL next season. Then we move on. unlike some others dry.gif

TBH i would be gutted if we went up - last year was not the easiest stuff to watch and i was looking forward to the first again. Rovers, Dundee, Falkirk and Cowdenbeath all basically derbies for us. We are planning on building a new squad and dont particularly think the bottom of the SPL would be the place to do it.

Pars and Dundee flip a coin.

Losers go up.

Emabarrassing article.

Mr Traynor, you are in panic mode because you are slowly but surely losing any small influence you've had on the general public. The gutter press in this country have had it their own way for a long time but the internet has seen an ever diminishing profile for self-styled comedians like you, Mr. Traynor.

James, you are now well and truly out of your comfort zone and you constantly allude to the people on forums such as this as having a lack of intellect and common decency to compensate for your low self esteem. You makes your money on Radio Scotland programmes such as the comedy show phone-in yet you want to be taken seriously.

Your integrity apparently doesn't stretch to affording callers to your show any degree of respect. Instead, you consider it your duty to ridicule everyone who phones in. Yes James, that's real integrity. But, wait a minute, I hear you say, it's just banter. Never at your expense though. The caller is always the butt of your jokes. Even though you engage in this moronic, toe-curling behaviour, you still expect us to take you seriously as a journalist ?

Like Mr. Traynor, I could pick out people on the internet who lack intellect and common decency but, by the same token, I have held discussions with people I have the utmost respect for. It is clear to me that there are people on this forum who are not short on the intellect front and could hold their own with many of the 'experts' heard on radio or seen on T.V. I suspect though, that James doesn't really have a problem with the lack of intellect he has experienced as he browses through football forums. His main issue, I suggest, is that people of all levels of intelligence are being heard and he is discovering that he doesn't have a monopoly on opinion.

How, Mr. Traynor, would you know what my intellectual capacity is ? and why would you think you are the best judge of that ? It would appear that the people like me who express their views on forums have no redeeming qualities and you have decided that these people are insignificant. Yet you spend an inordinate amount of time concentrating on this group of keyboard nonentities.

To add to your nonsensical argument, you then roll out your conspiracy theory. Infamy, infamy.......they've all got it infamy.

Propaganda ? stirring unrest ? This claim coming from a newspaper journalist. Your rant beggars belief James.

You show me your qualifications James and I'll show you mine.

Tell me about your experience and I'll tell you about mine.

I'm honest, I have integrity, I have high moral standards.

When I say me or I, I could be any one of a thousand people who have participated on this thread and I don't think any of us are intimidated by your so-called intellect.

So James, if you are so superior to us all, I challenge you to a debate on the main issues in scottish football. Lets get half a dozen P + B contributers around a table with you and we can have an in-depth serious discussion like real adults do. I don't think you could cope.

Alternatively, stop bleating.

Fantastic piece Cutty! I really hope he (and others like him) read it.

Out of greenies for now - I'll catch-up later!

thumbup2.gif

Jim Spence‏@bbcjimspence

SFL board to discuss proposals including newco tomorrow. EGM can be called within 5 days. 23 clubs needed to vote newco in to SFL

I've just thought of something that could complicate things here. Who gets to vote on the potential election of Newco/Spartans/Cove etc? Surely it can't be all 30 existing SFL clubs? I would have assumed it would be the 29 SFL clubs who will still be in the SFL next season? Meaning the SFL would need to know which club will be in the SPL instead of the first next season?

So is this a vote to allow a Newco into the 1st division?

Can't see any other reason - cos a space in the 3rd would be done in the usual way - show us your accounts and a wee dvd of your history etc and we'll decide.

AFAIK, the exact details of the League shakeup have yet to be announced. Ideally, Newco won't be in the SPL, which will leave 11 Clubs. A radical solution would be to re-structure the League to a 14 team SPL, moving Dunfermline, Dundee and Falkirk up with immediate effect, Dundee get their derbies, as do Falkirk and Dunfermline. Relegation and play offs all round! You could even keep your split of top 7 and bottom 7 but that's an argument for another day. But a quickfire top 14 is not an impossibility if those in power have the balls to make it happen. Strike while the iron is hot!

OH MY GOD- I AM GOING TO AGREE WITH A FALKIRK SUPPORTER - SEE WHAT OLDCO HAVE DONE!! ohmy.gif

I suggested something similar the other day with the end result being 3 Leagues with NEWCo applying for the bottom of that. To me it would be the fairest way of dealing with the decsion on who to have on the SPL as well. My preference would be to get Rovers in as well, but i cant remember where they finished last season wink.gif

Jim Spence‏@bbcjimspence

No chance 23 SFL clubs will vote Newco into the first division, it's got to be the 3rd or a NO vote.

Well, blow me :o

I havent been online much since Thursday and come back on tonight to find that enough clubs have publicly announced theyre voting no to know that Rangers 2.0 wont be playing in the SPL, 2 more players have objected to their contract transfer, Green is threatening to take them to court :blink: , Ally "transparency" McCoist is having an underhand dig at them in the press <_< , Green has gone into underpants on the head/pencil up the nose territory but, not only that, but Strathclydes finest are to investigate Whytes takeover of the club.

:o :o

So is this a vote to allow a Newco into the 1st division?

Can't see any other reason - cos a space in the 3rd would be done in the usual way - show us your accounts and a wee dvd of your history etc and we'll decide.

I took it as a will you accept sevco or do we go down the application for the vacant spot route.

A straight sevco or application ballot.