Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not sure how to frame the question here, but if senior officials of the SFA were told that Rangers (and another club) were running double contracts and did not do anything about it, would that take us into this area of liability and negligence. This was 3 years ago. With witnesses.

message me if you want to discuss offline.

I did not wish to imply that I had any type of "inside" information, because I don't.

However, my understanding is that is the legal responsibility of any organisation to ensure that members adhere to their own rules/regulations and also the law of the land (not just assume that they are doing so).

Now, from where I sit it would appear that both The SFA and SPL have paid lip service to those requirements and would, therefore, appear to have been negligent.

Regarding White, I do, though, remember a quote (although not the name of the person quoted - although was a senior figure) who, when asked, about how White had been allowed to pass the "fit & proper persons" test, when he had been disqualified, previously, said that "nobody told us".

Hardly the words of someone who's organisation takes their responsibilities seriously.

Negligence = financial liability and quite rightly so!

Edited by Laeotaekhun

St Mirren have just announced a shareholders/season ticket holders meeting for monday night. They say that as of today they are in receipt of enough information to make valued decisions !

Of course, I was simply noting that this "we get nothing from SPL" point is a myth. However - and this applies to SPL as well as SFL - it's fully understandable, especially in these tough economic times, the clubs are going to be very reluctant to [1] lose big money and [2] lose it at short notice, unless they really have to (which now they do).

They will have to cut their cloth accordingly, I have zero sympathy for clubs that mortgaged themselves to the hilt in an attempt to jump off the normal cycle of success and failure, 2 years time when they lose a chunk of their TV money should see a levelling out of finances between all the diddies.

So if Sevco got into the 3rd it takes £16 million out the game. It's reportedly going to cost £1bn for finish the Edinburgh trams project. Maybe the Government could jump in with a wee bit of small change to help cover the costs? Maybe, if Regan hadn't of gone off on one when Salmond spoke to HMRC about Rangers.

The SFA punishment is 30 minutes on the naughty step.

The SPL punishment is 30 minutes on the naughty step.

These punishments wil be served concurrently and may be reduced to 20 minutes 10 minutes 0 minutes and a cuddle instead on appeal.

Oh and they're getting jelly too; our jelly.

They can prise my jelly from my cold, dead (and a bit sticky) hands!mad.gif

I did not wish to imply that I had any type of "inside" information, because I don't.

However, my understanding is that is the legal responsibility of any organisation to ensure that members adhere to their own rules/regulations and also the law of the land (not just assume that they are doing so).

Now, from where I sit it would appear that both The SFA and SPL have paid lip service to those requirements and would, therefore, appear to have been negligent.

Regarding White, I do, though, remember a quote (although not the name of the person quoted - although was a senior figure) who, when asked, about how White had been allowed to pass the "fit & proper persons" test, when he had been disqualified, previously, said that "nobody told us".

Hardly the words of someone who's organisation takes their responsibilities seriously.

Negligence = financial liability and quite rightly so!

Well, that's the SFA banged to rights. "Prosecution rests Your Honour!" laugh.gif

So if Sevco got into the 3rd it takes £16 million out the game. It's reportedly going to cost £1bn for finish the Edinburgh trams project. Maybe the Government could jump in with a wee bit of small change to help cover the costs? Maybe, if Regan hadn't of gone off on one when Salmond spoke to HMRC about Rangers.

In times of increasing economic austerity the very last thing that public money should be going on would be subsidising professional football... Putting £1M of Cashback money into League Cup sponsorship was bad enough!!

(Albeit one of Longmuir's greatest triumphs, wrestling it from the "Derby of Shame" conference as he did).

The day after that document became public, I am even angrier than I was yesterday.

The gerrymandering and kowtowing is disgusting and if accepted by the SPL/SFL then hell mend them.

The best thing about this saga is that it has forced everyone to show their true colours.

I for one, will not forget who's who.

Rant over.

My first post , so be gentle with me, if Sevco5088 get into SFL1, how long would it take the SFA/SPL/SFL before they move out of their offices at Hampden, to a new location Ibrox, and for the SFA to announce that all future internationals will be played at Ibrox, because if SFL2/3 are cast adrift, they couldnt possibly play at what would in effect be a non-leaque ground.