Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The best thing about this saga is that it has forced everyone to show their true colours.

And sadly for Scottish football, it's just reconfirmed that Campbell Ogilvie's SFA and the SPL's colours are indeed beautiful.

I was having a pint last night and overheard two of the voices from Leggo's head on their night off at the next table. smile.gif

TBH that's probably a better source than some of the rubbish posted on here. :P

Losing £16,000,000 might be the best thing that ever happens to Scottish football. I'm a golden age thinker, but maybe with this money gone our teams will breed their own talent and, like 30 years ago, we'll have teams in the top division fielding ten or eleven Scottish players. The new millenium saw everyone in the SPL get themselves into debt after throwing cash at duds from overseas. Sky money is where it all started going wrong, IMO.

And sadly for Scottish football, it's just reconfirmed that Campbell Ogilvie's SFA and the SPL's colours are indeed beautiful.

Maybe even Celtic's too! Still waiting for a denial ;)

Anyone heard from them lately?

Edited by fozzie

My first post , so be gentle with me, if Sevco5088 get into SFL1, how long would it take the SFA/SPL/SFL before they move out of their offices at Hampden, to a new location Ibrox, and for the SFA to announce that all future internationals will be played at Ibrox, because if SFL2/3 are cast adrift, they couldnt possibly play at what would in effect be a non-leaque ground.

It wouldn't matter if this goes through......I think most of us will give up on the game in its entirety in this Country......National team included.

sounds like they could be bought for 1 or 2 pieces of silver!

I agree - I don't get to many home games, but had considered buying a season ticket in a show of support for "diddy teams". I won't be going to any Forfar games, home or away, if they don't vote against the division 1 proposal.

And just for clarity - this is not to do with money, and the possibility of "earning" from Rangers should we be in the same league in 2013/14. It is simply down to sporting integrity.

I have supported Forfar for nearly 40 years, even though I have not lived in the area since I was 18, and it has cost me a fortune in petrol/diesel costs following them across the lower leagues. I wouldn't change my allegiance to another club - I'd be lost to Scottish football altogether. I may only be one voice, but if enough "one voices" together, we will form a choir that Scottish football cannot ignore.

I'm drafting a letter to the chairman which will be in the post tomorrow.

For any Sevco5088 fans who wish to exercise their democratic mandate,

but have forgotten their Rangers Number, allow me to assist.

It is a nine digit number, not starting at 000000000, but with a 5 as the indicator.

For example 500000001 is valid, 000000001 is not.

Check your number is valid using the following site:

http://test.rangers....rolled/faq.aspx

If you get the response:

"The password entered is incorrect.", then the number is valid, and will be accepted by the RFFS site:

https://www.research...angersFanSurvey

Happy to help.

clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Macshimmy

I think that you appear to being, deliberately, obtuse.

I have replied to each of your points below.

1) The governing bodies oversee football. They set the rules and govern the members. If the members break the rules then they are punished in accordance with them. That doesnt, however, make the governing body responsible for the members actions.

Oh yes it does, if the organisation can not be seen to have used it's best endeavours to ensure that their rules/regulations/law of the land were complied with!

Ignorance of a member's behaviour is no defence if it was not monitored correctly.

Is the referee responsible if a player is sent off? Are the police responsible for the acts criminals commit? Or the judges who sentence them?

You would be better asking yourself why Football Clubs are held liable for the behaviour of their supporters!

2) As the rules stand, its up to the member to submit their "fit and proper person" information fully. Whyte didnt and was punished for it. Again, in what way are the governing bodies responsible for the, deliberate, non-disclosure of a member?

So, you would appear to believe that if an Insurance Company (say) was to employ a convicted fraudster, as it's CEO, then the company would have no liability for, his/her subsequent, fraudulent acts.

Is that correct?

IMHO that argument would be laughed out of court!

You state that "Whyte was punished for it".

The only way that the SFA/SPL could have retained any credibilty (and absence from liability) would have been if they had reversed their position that he was a "fit & proper person".

For a senior official to be quoted as saying "nobody told us" (about his, previous disqualification) only makes matters worse and demonstrates negligence.

Lets take a look at what you actually said though ...

If you'd like to point to where in the SFA or SPL rules it states that the governing bodies are responsible for monitoring the financial goings on of its members or how the "fit and proper person" test wasnt carried out according to the current rules Id be very interested to see it. Until then, we'll have to presume youre talking rubbish

In the light of what I've posted above, I don't think that I need to respond to that one.

To be honest, I thought we'd got past all this "it was the SFA/SPLs" fault about 4 months ago :rolleyes:

Maybe, you wish - the use of a smug smiley does not make you correct and can only make people question your knowledge/objectivity!

As I said, "just a thought"!

Maybe even Celtic's too! Still waiting for a denial ;)

Anyone heard from them lately?

Indeed!

I'm sure the football high heed yins and most clubs hear from them on an almost daily basis. whistling.gif

Losing £16,000,000 might be the best thing that ever happens to Scottish football. I'm a golden age thinker, but maybe with this money gone our teams will breed their own talent and, like 30 years ago, we'll have teams in the top division fielding ten or eleven Scottish players. The new millenium saw everyone in the SPL get themselves into debt after throwing cash at duds from overseas. Sky money is where it all started going wrong, IMO.

It's difficult as youth players don't grow on trees. All the focus of the McLeish plan, SFA reforms, even Traynor's documentary and BBC debate, are on the need for money - to build facilities, train and retain coaches, invest in work with kids, try to stop the talent heading South before they'd even got into the first-team (as has started to occur) and so forth. No-one outside OF spends anything on transfers now and most clubs already use plenty young players.

We're a long way from the splurge spending days of the early 2000s... losses will mean cuts to squad sizes, basic wages, and youth investment.

But if they need to happen they will, and the game will survive.

For any Sevco5088 fans who wish to exercise their democratic mandate,

but have forgotten their Rangers Number, allow me to assist.

It is a nine digit number, not starting at 000000000, but with a 5 as the indicator.

For example 50000001 is valid, 000000001 is not.

Check your number is valid using the following site:

http://test.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/UserControlled/faq.aspx

If you get the response:

"The password entered is incorrect.", then the number is valid, and will be accepted by the RFFS site:

https://www.research.net/s/RangersFanSurvey

Happy to help.

clipboard01.jpg

Austin+Powers+Dr+Evil+Mike+Myers+100+Billion+Dollars.JPG

"I have received a handful of emails and facebook messages "

Sounds a totally pish effort to me :angry:

Lachlan may have only got a handful, but I can assure all that the Ayr support have emailled quite a few.

I must say I am shocked the Lachlan Cameron has looked up from his Pina Colada long enough to

do the right thing. So thats:

Stewart Milne (Aberdeen)

Turnbull Hutton (Raith Rovers)

Doulas Rae (Morton)

Lachlan Cameron (Ayr United)

Where are the rest?