Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think gate sharing is a good idea, partly because it could see a fairer distribution of wealth.

The main reason I'm for it though is for the principle that when I go to a match I go to watch a contest between two teams - that's the spectacle I'm entering into a financial cotract to see. The fact that I'd prefer one of those teams to win doesn't alter the fact that if only that team showed up, I wouldn't bother.

It's therefore only right that both teams get rewarded for attracting me along.

I don't know what currently happens, but I wouldn't be opposed to a percentage of gate receipts going to a central fund and then redistributed throughout the league, similar to the system in baseball.

The problem with this is it can create the possibility for skinflint owners, but there's always that risk anyway

Fired off yet another email to Thistle. I'm aware they are at best skimmed over before quick deletion and never thought of again, but I find it cathartic to fire off my thoughts to the club nonetheless. And post them on here so they are preserved for posterity.

Nonetheless;

Hi there,

Simple enough, and fair enough, question; here is the statement released from the DAFC board recently:

http://www.dafc.co.u...2208030_2827302

A fairly resounding "no", correct?

Here's a snippet I am desperate for the current Thistle board to consider;

"The revised proposals we have reviewed contain a number of suggestions that are entirely credible in isolation, and everyone agrees that the structure of Scottish Football must change, but it must be done for the right reasons and not used as some form of bargaining tool. The proposal document makes little or no mention of fans or their views, as was the case with the league reconstruction debate, and all these issues must now be put on the table to deliver a credible, equitable and viable solution. The document strongly implies that if the proposals are not accepted, then we will have financial meltdown in Scottish Football, but if the loyal fans across the country desert the game then commercial sponsors or TV companies will have no one to promote or broadcast to."

This has hit the nail firmly on the head.

Our statement can best be described as "non-commital". I am curious as to why a fellow First Division club are in a position to take such a firm, uncompromising stance on this, yet we are still dragging our feet in the ground over what seems a fairly clear cut issue to me, and many of my fellow Thistle fans?? And that's before we take into comments already made from Morton, Raith Rovers and others!

Regards, TDN

I was aiming for "slightly pissed off but still maintaining a veneer of calmness". The way things are going, I may well end up going the Rangers route of "thinking I am being calm, dignified and classy when in reality I'm just trying intimidation, bullying and threats to get what I want".

Latest fudging from the Firhill board!!

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/june_2012/statement_from_the_board_of_directors

I see the Record is running a Third Lanark story today. Wonder why that is.

Also still going with the "...are expected to play in the First Division next season" line. Aye, by a group of alcoholics who have been wrong about every single part of this story so far.

Expected to play in the First Division? That is worrying and I don't mean through fear that it might happen. It is worrying that a Glasgow-based national newspaper does not have its finger on the pulse. If you were a Rangers supporter who relied only on the Record you'd hardly have a care in the world.

Expected to play in the First Division? That is worrying and I don't mean through fear that it might happen. It is worrying that a Glasgow-based national newspaper does not have its finger on the pulse. If you were a Rangers supporter who relied only on the Record you'd hardly have a care in the world.

And I suspect that's why they've left any action to save their club so, so late.

I don't know the sales figures, but at a guess, I would say 80% of Daily Retard sales must be to Glaswegians looking for Old Firm "news". There are at least 500 posts in this thread which could easily surpass the Record's entire output on the story for facts, details and insight. Jim Traynor has been shown up for being perhaps the worst of a talentless bunch, and the Record is constantly behind the eight ball, or in many, many cases, completely wrong.

And I suspect that's why they've left any action to save their club so, so late.

That's a fair shout. If the Scottish sports press had done thier job and reported things properly, rather than being satisfied with another slice of lamb and a glass of fine wine, perhaps the fans could have done something to prevent this

The again, with it being Rangers fans, maybe not.

That's a fair shout. If the Scottish sports press had done thier job and reported things properly, rather than being satisfied with another slice of lamb and a glass of fine wine, perhaps the fans could have done something to prevent this

The again, with it being Rangers fans, maybe not.

I believe the majority of posters on this site could do a better job than the Scottish Sporting Press. This thread is certainly the first port of call for anyone remotely interested on what is going on at Ibrox. Frankly, I'm certain it has become mandatory reading for certain journalists too.

If all this somehow gets to the point of no return we should just let them set up an SPFL. Let them go ahead with all the cheating, lying and complicit clubs.

In opposition there should be a 'League of Honour' - with all the clubs that showed integrity throughout this.

Chairman Turnbull Hutton.

http://www.ptfc.co.u...rd_of_directors

Are we actually sure that uber-diddies will get a vote? I can't see EFFC agreeing or other 2nd Div Clubs either. Restructuring YES, but not so to keep Sevco FC close to top division. Maybe the open threat that SPL/SFL will leave us in no-mans-land and adrift unless we agree might influence my Chairman

I believe the majority of posters on this site could do a better job than the Scottish Sporting Press. This thread is certainly the first port of call for anyone remotely interested on what is going on at Ibrox. Frankly, I'm certain it has become mandatory reading for certain journalists too.

Argeed.

Hiya traynor ya arse licking bluenose p***k. :D:thumsup2

Are we actually sure that uber-diddies will get a vote? I can't see EFFC agreeing or other 2nd Div Clubs either. Restructuring YES, but not so to keep Sevco FC close to top division. Maybe the open threat that SPL/SFL will leave us in no-mans-land and adrift unless we agree might influence my Chairman

I don't know one person - including Rangers fans - in favour of the First Division entry. It's even worse than keeping them in the SPL. The collective chairmen couldn't possibly be that short-sighted, surely?

Argeed.

Hiya traynor ya arse licking bluenose p***k. :D:thumsup2

Indeed.

Dear Keith Jackson, (for it is he) and Ewing Grahame (for it is also he),

Demoted means the same as relegated. As Rangers do not exist, they cannot therefore be relegated to the first division.

Elected is the word you are looking for.

Yours

Oxford Dictionaries.

http://www.ptfc.co.u...rd_of_directors

This clearly is starting to sound Partick thistle board have actually got a YES vote already lodged and are using stalling tactics to then hide behind the mass of the voting structure on tuesday.

Can i ask all thistle fans, and other Div 1 teams, if it transpires any team votes YES. Will there be a mass BOYCOTT of that team and return of season tickets?

I returned my season ticket unopened yesterday and will speak to Aberdeen on monday, NOT because Aberdeen have said yes or any stance, but the entire FARCE this has become i am now like thousands of other ordinary fans that have attended games (for me my first game was going to a game in 1983 when i was only 10 years old with the family) over their course of a life time.

Scottish football at senior level is simply this

Sectarian teams = CASH COW

Other normal teams = No history

That is why in Scotland the press LOVE it, its the drama the "excitment" of calling and singing songs that people really should be shot for.. but alas until the day comes when the people of Scotland stand up and say NO to these 2 teams the better.

Remember this, once this has settled down in 2 or 3 years, they WILL still harp on about leaving our diddy league they so crave to corrupt to move to England. HERE is a golden chance, the whole of the Scottish teams right now could get together and KICK both celtic and sevco(i will still steal your DD)5088 out of our league.

They want now to be apart of Scotland ???

They DEMAND the move here???

If all this somehow gets to the point of no return we should just let them set up an SPFL. Let them go ahead with all the cheating, lying and complicit clubs.

In opposition there should be a 'League of Honour' - with all the clubs that showed integrity throughout this.

Chairman Turnbull Hutton.

I would hope the teams in the SPL that did publicly vote NO, then declare their resignation from this SPFL league and rejoin all the other teams again.

Imagine the day where all our leagues have full houses.. blink.gif am i still sleepy? god dam these early shifts

Just thinking this morning, if the spl/Doncaster had moved quicker on the double contracts investigations (they've not moved anywhere yet, it seems to me), then Rangers/Sevco might have been deducted points, possibly all points, for season 2011-12, and would have been relegated to the position that Doncaster now appears to crave for them, the second tier.

But by attempting to protect his/their position in the spl, the third division or oblivion beckons. biggrin.gif

http://leggoland2.blogspot.fr/

Leggy's on the ball today

I see that Leggat is arguing that Glenmuir can no longer be considered a Scottish brand as it transferred to a new English company some years back and, therefore, lost all of its history. Presumably, using his own logic, he is admitting that Sevco 5088 is no longer 'the Ranjurs'. :o Somehow I don't think he will be. It's called hypocrisy. :angry: