Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

On the subject of sharing gate receipts, I am against it. Celtic spend far more on marketing, and spent to build such a massive stadium, why should they be forced to give away all the money they have earned? Where is the incentive to attract fans, if it doesn't profit them? Different clubs make different efforts to generate revenue, and in my view, sharing the cash does not really reward entrepeneurship

Because as much as we can pretend otherwise, Scottish football is not a free market, it isn't a meritocracy, and frankly, economic reality doesn't play much of a part.

Deary me.

Its only last season that Celtic drove the referees out on strike. Its only last season that Celtic were intimidating referees and match officials. Its only last season that John Reid was claiming their was a Scottosh conspiracy against Celtic. And its only this summer that Celtic fans were voting on whether to boycott other Scottish clubs if they voted Rangers into the league.

And now its become clear that Celtic have been behind the desperate attempts to keep Rangers in the SPL and now get them into the First Division - so that they can keep their sectarian Old Firm cash cow alive.

Its time to kill Rangers off now. Its time to kill off the Old Firm.

The day of reckoning has come for you and your kind.

Hiya cap :)

bygone be bygones.....we have an opportunity, backward lookers are not welcome ;)

I expect you're right about Thistle.

The Thistle board's previous statements in the Evening Times a few days before this whole SPL2 thing came around were nothing short of Sevco cock sucking for a few sheckles.

I can understand if the chairman is a Rangers fan but to agree to this to put them in a false position is unforgivable.

Simply put if Sevco are stuck in at the SFL1 I won't be back. If thistle are part of the SPL2 abomination which includes Sevco I won't be back.

If it's a resounding No to Newco in the First but Thistle vote Yes, I will certainly not follow Accies to Firhill next season or to any ground whose board have done the dirty on their fans. So that'll be Cowdenbeath out too, shame as I haven't been there for years (not that I'll be missing much).

By the way folks, it's Stephen Thompson and Alex Thomson. Here to help.

Edited by Owsley

On the subject of sharing gate receipts, I am against it. Celtic spend far more on marketing, and spent to build such a massive stadium, why should they be forced to give away all the money they have earned? Where is the incentive to attract fans, if it doesn't profit them? Different clubs make different efforts to generate revenue, and in my view, sharing the cash does not really reward entrepeneurship

It's a daft idea. Where's the incentive to play more attractive and attacking football when you'd be as well just grinding out the results with 8 at the back? And improving the facilities so you get a better overall matchday experience? If your gates improve you want to invest in another striker, not subsidise some other club that isn't doing the same. TV money and League sponsorship should be shared equally, gate and prize money should not.

Edited by welshbairn

Entrepreneurship and sport shouldn't really mix, IMO.

Even in the USA, the bastion of capitalism, they have the draft system that

helps stop the same rich NFL teams from winning year after year.

We can't do the same as the system is totally different but maybe a small % levy

on all gate receipts could go in a pot to be shared out fairly.

Bit vague, sorry.

I see the Record is running a Third Lanark story today. Wonder why that is.

Have to say I am disappointed in what Simon Weir (the Hi Hi's current chairman) had to say (granted that Daily Retard journalists are infamous for making up what people are "saying" to them). Third Lanark were not only listed in the SFL fixture lists, they were even drawn for the Scottish League Cup in the summer of 1967, so it's not fair to say they were bundled out quickly.

The real problem was those trying to mount a rescue didn't have the money or organisation to do so, simple as that. It would have been academic anyway, as the club would have been wound up by the Board Of Trade enquiry due to the "who actually owes what of Third Lanark" fiasco caused by Hiddleston & Reilly's share diddling activities anyway. With there being no "oldco to newco" rules back then, they'd have been expelled anyway.

Time he and the rest of the Hi Hi stopped pissing around anyway and did a deal with Queen's Park to be tenents at Nether Hampden until they can get Cathkin sorted, and join the Juniors. Otherwise I can see this being just another false dawn.

Song actually written by Snakefinger which only makes it more apt.

By Badfinger - and their version along with Mariah Carey's was terrible. Only Niellson and Russ Abbot's band The Black Abbots did it right.

Deary me.

Its only last season that Celtic drove the referees out on strike. Its only last season that Celtic were intimidating referees and match officials. Its only last season that John Reid was claiming their was a Scottosh conspiracy against Celtic. And its only this summer that Celtic fans were voting on whether to boycott other Scottish clubs if they voted Rangers into the league.

And now its become clear that Celtic have been behind the desperate attempts to keep Rangers in the SPL and now get them into the First Division - so that they can keep their sectarian Old Firm cash cow alive.

Its time to kill Rangers off now. Its time to kill off the Old Firm.

The day of reckoning has come for you and your kind.

Captain - PLEASE take off that "RANGERS MUST DIE!" signature of yours. Everything you've backed so far this year you have bloody jinxed (Danny Lennon Must Go, Hibs For The Cup) and I fear for your safety if you manage to pull off the hat trick! :P

For "entrepreneurship", read "trading off the back of Catholicism".

Edited by GorgieYaBass

article-2166759-13D1EAB5000005DC-855_468x286.jpg

Is it just me, or does the Asian lad centre right, look really embarassed to be there?

Yuck, filthy Sevco fans.

The only burd there isn't even do able.

Realistically how you can be a Asian and a Sevco fan? With the BNP backing, Nazi salutes, the Israeli flags and hatred of everything not protestant.

Mark Uberbigot Dingwall says in the Paper ' All Football Fans will miss the Old Firm matches '

I willnae.

Hmm, weird. I distinctly remember them being pretty uncomfortable atmosphere's and generally feeling hard done by, with penalties being awarded if we looked at Rangers players within 60 yds of the box, etc.

Nah, I don't think "miss" is quite right.

You have to remember that BBC were banned from Ibroke after they started printing negative stories aboots Whytey and Sally.

It needs a journalist willing to take the sheise from the buns. Thompson had an attempt but unfortunately couldn't step up to the plate in understanding the Scottish nuances (and he is currently under death threats from the rabid buns).

I think we all admire the man who outed Whiytey then "the men who sold the jerseys" who took the scandalous behaviour of Rangers to a wider audience than just the fitba supporters.

The Scotsman articles/blogs seem quite independant.

But all this sucking up from the Glasgow press only produces a certain kind of football copy. It's full of "mebees he's coming, mebees he's going" crap. That kind of speculation isn't journalism - it doesn't tell you anything. If and when someone does transfer, then everyone knows about it and who cares whether The Daily Retard speculated about it 2 weeks ago? What about the 15 other 'exclusive' speculations that amounted to nothing.

I'm happier with the East Coast press's approach. Less pandering, more information. And fewer pages of shite.

If all this somehow gets to the point of no return we should just let them set up an SPFL. Let them go ahead with all the cheating, lying and complicit clubs.

In opposition there should be a 'League of Honour' - with all the clubs that showed integrity throughout this.

Chairman Sir Turnbull Hutton KOTD.

Some guy on Twitter asking if the Newco is affected by the European ban...

I see he has a good grasp on the facts facing his club.

He follows it up with a WATP, NS, RTID and GSTQ so he must be a good Sevco man.

You have to remember that BBC were banned from Ibroke after they started printing negative stories aboots Whytey and Sally.

It needs a journalist willing to take the sheise from the buns. Thompson had an attempt but unfortunately couldn't step up to the plate in understanding the Scottish nuances (and he is currently under death threats from the rabid buns).

I think we all admire the man who outed Whiytey then "the men who sold the jerseys" who took the scandalous behaviour of Rangers to a wider audience than just the fitba supporters.

The Scotsman articles/blogs seem quite independant.

I hear you Claymores and I'm not saying all sports journalists are bad. I'm pointing the finger firmly at those who have allowed themselves to get too cosy, becoming lazy and increasingly irrelevant as a result. Rangers banning the BBC proves my point that if you don't play the game you will be excluded. Pathetic really. There are several sports journalists that are certainly not part of this game and I applauded them for that.