Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Kingdom has spoken* - Raith and Pars fans can be proud of their boards. It's now up to the rest of the diddies nationwide to back us up and scotch this ridiculous plan.

* of course, Cowdenbeath have spoken as well. But all they could muster was gibberish from the cruelled gullet of a discredited, sectarian QC.

You do realise that East Fife actually exist tosspot? no? OK we're uber-diddies in the 2nd Div but we can vote and can also pump Dumfi and Aberdeen oot the cup. We have one SC and 3 league cups in our ongoing history.

PISH posts as your's make me think twice abouts whether I should just tell the Board to vote yes

You need to mainline some Irn Bru oot there in Aus YA FANNY. It's the sponsor of your new league YA FANNY

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

EAST FIFE 2 - DUNFERMLINE 1

Has this news reached Australia yet? It's ok, must have been pumped oot of SC last year by a team that doesn't exist and I wasn't really at Bayview laughing how pish you were (Bayview doesn't exist either), laughing it was 2-1 going on 5-1 from a Club which doesn't exist.

Edited by Claymores

http://www.facebook....tif_t=group_r2j

Get joining guys and gals it all helps!

Hi Ladies and gents - looking for members for a new facebook group to have our voice heard about the current fiasco that threatens to cripple Scottish football. Its not a petition but just an outlet to voice your opinion - post links etc. I am looking to encourage as many fan groups as possible to take some form of action whether it be emailing your Chairman or telling your friends. Everyone is welcome and look forward to your input. I hope to have links to all the main stories as well. Cheers :-)

Proud to be a Pars fan today. Proud of the Rovers stance. Proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with Falkirk. What the f@@@'s happening to my universe?!

I wish we could join you guys but after a barnstorming night over on the jags fans forum, I and many other jags fans have serious doubts about our club joining you. If it happens Duff and Phelps might have another Glasgow club on their books!! Prove us wrong Mr Beattie and prove us wrong today!!

It is a viable option. The solution to Dhenbhoy's pish is to have a set payment based on attendance, not gate receipts.

Does anybody have an argument as to why a gate money split *isn't* a viable option?

It's a model that makes you dependant on other clubs - one In particular

Booted out of the Southampton tournament.

Friendly against Le Havre scrubbed.

When will we hear that the trip to Germany is cancelled?

More importantly would they be able to fulfil a tie in the Ramsdens Cup? Even in their best case scenario that is what they are going to be faced with. The Ramsdens Cup is not optional. What would the ramifications be?

Does anybody have an argument as to why a gate money split *isn't* a viable option?

It discourages stadium capacity upgrades, as every new seat benefits the opposition as much as the home team (the not-actual reason). It would also significantly reduce the overall gate revenue for the Old Firm (the actual reason).

I see the Record is running a Third Lanark story today. Wonder why that is.

Also still going with the "...are expected to play in the First Division next season" line. Aye, by a group of alcoholics who have been wrong about every single part of this story so far.

It discourages stadium capacity upgrades, as every new seat benefits the opposition as much as the home team (the not-actual reason). It would also significantly reduce the overall gate revenue for the Old Firm (the actual reason).

I think gate sharing is a good idea, partly because it could see a fairer distribution of wealth.

The main reason I'm for it though is for the principle that when I go to a match I go to watch a contest between two teams - that's the spectacle I'm entering into a financial cotract to see. The fact that I'd prefer one of those teams to win doesn't alter the fact that if only that team showed up, I wouldn't bother.

It's therefore only right that both teams get rewarded for attracting me along.

Is it just me, or does the Asian lad centre right, look really embarassed to be there?

From OrcTalk a few hours ago, might be there to sign.....

Last year gers attempted to enter the Indian market by taking 2 players from the country on trial. We never heard anything about these 2 boys cause the troubles were beginning. Tbh I can't imagine many Indian players would be that good to play in the spl (even though its terrible). I can't name 1 single good Indian footballer ever. However with us Likly to be in div 1 their must be 1 or 2 players that could do a job there. Hopefully this would lead to gaining an Indian audience. I'm no marketer (even though I do have a marketing degree) but makes sence in paper to me. Take a few ok Indian player coach and train could have some kerkar like guys attracting a large audience

Oh,and already theres talk of singing :rolleyes:

Would the ban us from singing "Delhi's Walls"???? crabflute.gif

The gathering storm looms large on the horizon but WE won't go quietly into the night we won't give up without a fight,we will go on, we will survive after all this 4th will be our NON-DEPENDANCE DAY. (Cue music) Let the people sing.:whistle :whistle :whistle

I think gate sharing is a good idea, partly because it could see a fairer distribution of wealth.

The main reason I'm for it though is for the principle that when I go to a match I go to watch a contest between two teams - that's the spectacle I'm entering into a financial cotract to see. The fact that I'd prefer one of those teams to win doesn't alter the fact that if only that team showed up, I wouldn't bother.

It's therefore only right that both teams get rewarded for attracting me along.

And the costs etc for staging the event get split too? Non starter I am afraid.

Fired off yet another email to Thistle. I'm aware they are at best skimmed over before quick deletion and never thought of again, but I find it cathartic to fire off my thoughts to the club nonetheless. And post them on here so they are preserved for posterity.

Nonetheless;

Hi there,

Simple enough, and fair enough, question; here is the statement released from the DAFC board recently:

http://www.dafc.co.u...2208030_2827302

A fairly resounding "no", correct?

Here's a snippet I am desperate for the current Thistle board to consider;

"The revised proposals we have reviewed contain a number of suggestions that are entirely credible in isolation, and everyone agrees that the structure of Scottish Football must change, but it must be done for the right reasons and not used as some form of bargaining tool. The proposal document makes little or no mention of fans or their views, as was the case with the league reconstruction debate, and all these issues must now be put on the table to deliver a credible, equitable and viable solution. The document strongly implies that if the proposals are not accepted, then we will have financial meltdown in Scottish Football, but if the loyal fans across the country desert the game then commercial sponsors or TV companies will have no one to promote or broadcast to."

This has hit the nail firmly on the head.

Our statement can best be described as "non-commital". I am curious as to why a fellow First Division club are in a position to take such a firm, uncompromising stance on this, yet we are still dragging our feet in the ground over what seems a fairly clear cut issue to me, and many of my fellow Thistle fans?? And that's before we take into comments already made from Morton, Raith Rovers and others!

Regards, TDN

I was aiming for "slightly pissed off but still maintaining a veneer of calmness". The way things are going, I may well end up going the Rangers route of "thinking I am being calm, dignified and classy when in reality I'm just trying intimidation, bullying and threats to get what I want".

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely