Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

60000posts 2400 pages -exactly 4 times as many posts as pages :lol:

do I win a prize??tongue.gif

Yes. You've earned the right to go back to school and learn how to count. It works out at 25 times as many posts as pages. I wonder why? :blink:

Could it have something to do with the fact that there are 25 posts per page? Extra jelly and ice cream to anyone who can resolve this enigma. :lol:

I don't remember any parcel bombs or bad press when Celtic came out with their only words on this matter early February. I also can't remember similar or threats against hearts Dundee utd etc when they declared no.

I must have missed these as I tend not to read the newspapers so I'd be obliged if someone could link plz

No it wouldn't. Celtic are by far the least reliant team in Scotland on season ticket sales at present. For every mouth-breather who cancels their season, there will be another one trundling across the walkway at Prestwick Airport to take his place. The absolute ideal for Celtic is to have a castrated Rangers in the SPL, which is why they are absolutely undoubtedly pushing for this with their every being behind the scenes.

Yet again, you are just making this up! that statement has no basis, you are making just wild guesses.

If Celtic voted for the Newco, the vast majority of our fans would tell the club where to stick it. i've no doubt about that at all.

A yes vote would cost Celtic more money, than a no vote.

It's a foregone conclusion anyways, newco Rangers won't be in the SPL next season, we all know this, so why the obsession with Celtic? These are the same fans who moan and complain that we are everything wrong with Scottish football, how we kill the game etc.... but on the other hand they still complain as they think we should be leading the way!

Seems to me you're white guilty of making things up and deploying wild guesses yourself rico

Example? i've been stating my opinion on Celtic's silence.

Reading some other posts, you'd think my club came out and gave it's full backng to Newco Rangers.

Presumably a P+B agent , ''seen Rangers destroy Parma'' on OrcTalk can't have long to go.

Previous topics started include ''Rangers Media forum full of fat paranoid self harmers'' (4 pages :lol:), is now officialy a 'heavy duty' with the pearler of a topic ''f uck your forum - full of w ankers''

Edit : gone already afore I could get into it :lol:

Edited by wunfellaff

Yes. You've earned the right to go back to school and learn how to count. It works out at 25 times as many posts as pages. I wonder why? :blink:

Could it have something to do with the fact that there are 25 posts per page? Extra jelly and ice cream to anyone who can resolve this enigma. :lol:

After all the jelly and ice cream, an enema will be unnecessary.:rolleyes:

Quite simply, Rangers should start back in dividion 3. That's what happened to LIvingston and Rangers should not be treated any differently just because it's Rangers. I didn't want to see the Ibrox club liquidated. If the CVA was accepted then it wouldn't have been an issue. But, in effect, Rangers are a new club and should not be allowed to bypass sporting integrity.

You can only dream about posting at a level consistently achieved by White Rose Killie.

How bad is it that this is being pointed out by an Ayr supporter ?

:lol: WRK is a self obsessed swolen headed self important clown .... :D

Idiots like you feeding his ego only make him worse ... :lol:

Quite simply, Rangers should start back in dividion 3. That's what happened to LIvingston and Rangers should not be treated any differently just because it's Rangers. I didn't want to see the Ibrox club liquidated. If the CVA was accepted then it wouldn't have been an issue. But, in effect, Rangers are a new club and should not be allowed to bypass sporting integrity.

Seems so simple doesnt it, makes you wonder how our football administrators can so spectacularly f**k up such a simple process so close to the new season starting.

What happens if Newco Rangers for whatever reason are not in the SFL next season? are we expected a non senior club to come in and fill the gap this late?

No, unfortunately:

* there's no 3yr accounts rule in SFL

* they'd need simple majority (50%+1) to be elected to SFL

* there appears to be some loophole that could enable them to be admitted to SFL1 on simple majority, can't quite remember the details

But there is in the SPL, so what's the point of parachuting them into the SFL1 when they could not be accepted into the SPL for three years?

In an ideal world, Celtic would have come out with a strong statement by now. However, all the people inferring from recent silence that they are somehow pro Rangers are being rather unfair IMO. There are some good reasons for Celtic to, having stated they didn't need Rangers and missed copious opportunities to actively aid our so called twin, stay mum:

1) even with the silent approach, the Uruk-Hai are convinced Lawwell and Celtic are behind their every setback. A strong statement, especially early on, would have pumped up the level of hatred to as yet undreamed of levels. It could be argued that the level of vitriol is so high now nothing could make it worse, but I'm not so sure. And it wouldn't be a good thing on the ground.

2) this forum has exhaustively documented the OF bias of the mainstream media. If Celtic had led the charge for a no vote what o you think would have happened? Cue headlines about "OF War - Celtic boss moves to kill rival". Worse, instead of "Diddy Club X vows to vote no, cites sporting integrity and fan pressure" the headlines would be "Diddy Club X joins Celtic crusade to destroy Rangers". The whole media debate would have become about the Old Firm again.

3) Related to (2) the "politics" of the situation might have changed radically if Celtic made a firm statement. There are lots of people in Scotland who don't follow this like we do. If at any point the narrative shifted from that of a grass roots uprising of fans of all clubs in the SPL against Rangers and broad disgust at their conduct to one where Celtic was trying to minimize competition I think lots of people from the casual, non-forum reading and a couple maches a year diddy supporter, to supporters (and chairman) of lower league teams to politicians to (in the now unlikely event they get involved) FIFA/UEFA would have viewed the whole thing perhaps more sympathetic to Rangers or just written it off as OF squabbling. The fact Celtics statement wouldn't have changed the attitudes of the other clubs fans would be irrelevant as the media would be able to twist it quite easily into a Celtic bloc versus Rangers.

4) on a less sympathetic but quite legitimate note, Celtics sponsors will presumably not be happy if the OF goes away for a year or more. That's not a crisis in all probability but being seen to actively participate, let alone lead, the drive too bring this about would not make them happy, particularly in light of point (1).

I don't suppose (4) will draw much sympathy here given the commercial risks other clubs are running, and it shouldn't. A version of (1) is obviously going to be felt by everyone now but I would argue that Celtic can legitimately take this into account.

(2) and (3), however, seem to me excellent reasons for Celtic to keep quiet, perhaps even at this late date. There is a slight possibility the strength of the undeniably impressive grass roots campaign against Sevco would have been diluted if Celtic spoke up. There is an absolute certainty that perceptions outside the hard core football supporters would have been poisoned by media spin if Celtic had acted and this would have reduced the overall effectiveness of said grassroots campaign.

I'm not privy to the Celtic powers that be's thinking, I'm just pointing out there are some decent justifications for it that don't involve restoring the ancien regime.

laugh.giflaugh.gif cheers hector always have been shite at maths,get dara o'Brian on the case laugh.giflaugh.gif