Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

For years I have been hoping that Kilmarnock would buckle under financial pressure (not very nice, I know). In a massive u-turn I now hope that Kilmarnock will, at the very least, keep their heads above water financially.

Respect

Whilst I agree with the sentiments in your letters sent to the people who make the decisions. I would like to point out there is no Old Firm you are complaining about this so called NewCo and the way they are being assisted to attain an unjustified position in whatever league (if any in my opinion) they are afforded. You make the same mistake the MSM make on a regular basis and casualy lump Celtic into the equation there is only one club who have done wrong here no other. Unless you are suggesting a new name for this wrongdoer in which case fine if not please desist using that term. I'm sure you will agree that Scottish Football will go on even without the wrongdoer despite rumours to the contrary being peddled by various outlets.

Shiltrum,

Indeed Celtic have done no wrong! Quite the opposite, if anything Celtic are now a benchmark of financial probity and are clearly well run. I don't wish any ill will on your team, your club or the supporters, other than to accept that the non - OF supporters want the cartel broken and buried so that our football is fair both in the administration and in the media. (I will never return to either ground, but for different reasons, yet I have always supported with my pint in hand the OF on their European adventures.) That Celtic will win nearly everything for the near future really changes very little for those outside the OF who picked up scraps from time to time.

Thanks for your criticism, we concur on the majority of points and at this paradigm in Scottish football its good to debate. I understand from your point of view why you say what you do regarding 'lumping Celtic into the equation' . It was, however, a deliberate inclusion because I actually thought about writing 'Rangers' until I realised that the harsh reality is that all non OF clubs have been faced with the combined monster of the OF to our detriment and although your team are innocent in the Govan Armaggedon, and may even be the business to suffer the greatest financial loss through your rival's demise, the grotesque posturing of the three administrative bodies would have been identical had this debacle happened at Celtic Park.

Have been hearing a few bits and bobs. SFA will grant membership this week. The SFA want to give them membership so that they can chase them for the money from their fine.

The vote to take them in SFL 1 will take place and I've spoken to a few people involved with SFL clubs - none of them had any idea how it will go.

I believe that the plan for Rangers, if put to Div 3, would be to buy over Cowdenbeath - part of that buy out woould involve providing Cowden with a facility within 12/18 months good enough to meet SFL standards. Cowden woould then apply for Div 3, confident of beating the opposition as apparently only Spartans would be interested in applying AND ready to go now. Cove etc don't have a compliant ground for SFL and woudn't be ble to fix it for August. Spartans could be ready in time however due to previous negative press in the past, Cowden would be confident of taking the place, agreeing to ground share with Dunfermline for a season.

Donald Finlay is the key to this but an option ONLY if Rangers don't get in Div 1. I fully expect them to get in there myself.

The fatal flaw in this analysis is that there's actually an SFL law that prevents this kind of thing happening and there are already historical precedents.

If Sevco are accepted into the 3rd Division, they'll then be SFL members and therefore barred from buying another member club. In theory they could only buy Cowdenbeath if they weren't league members i.e. like Airdrie did to the Bankies.

Off topic but it was a feck me moment when I saw this stat from tonight.....

If Spain win tonight, Busquets would have won, Euro’s, World Cup, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Copa DelRey x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. He’s 23

Nobody's accusing celtic of any wrongdoing.

What many are saying is that celtic and rangers have marketed themselves very successfully to the less than bright as the antitheses of each other. Without rangers to point at in whataboutery, celtic are going to have to change. Without rangers to help block reform, celtic are going to have to get used to a new balance of power in Scottish football. In simple terms, they're going to have to forget lording it over the rest of us.

So while your club have done no wrong in this case, previous strategic decisions including joint sponsorship deals and synchronised whoring yourselves to England/Atlantic/whoever have associated celtic with rangers over the years - and they have benefitted massively from their joint ventures.

Now rangers are dead, celtic are just another club, and will have to get used to it. No target for deflection of their fans' behaviour, no justification for claiming eternal victim status.

In summary, celtic have spent decades lying down with the dogs. Is it any wonder the majority of fans reckon they've got fleas?

I can't wait for the new Season to start on a level playing surface I think you and others disparage Cetic fans far too easly at times. The system needs to change for the better and when it was challenged by Celtic they were vilified for it now that things are changing then they are being accused of being partners in crime. I would like nothing better than every club being given a fair share of any revenue that comes in but some of the ideas being spoken about just aint going to happen thats a fact. Lets take Celtic out of it for the moment do you think some of the going-ons would have changed NO as there was no other club able to stand up and be heard. We did lie down with the dogs as you put it if we did not then we would have got nothing there are more ways of skinning a cat than you think. Now as we are being accused as one in the same I ask this who has done more of a diservice to Scottish football in your opinion?. Dont forget the cry "You bring us down and we will bring you all down" that was the threat and still is if they had said ok sorry it's Div 3 for us that would have been that and the season was off as per normal but no no no did you read Ron Scott's piece in the Post to-day that is whats all wrong no contrition, no wrong doing, no punishment and the people in power are bending over backward to be helpful. We dont need this NewCo or a version of an OldCo.Of course I'm just a paranoid sectarian bigot and Celtic supporter to boot eh! how dare I have an opinion.

The system needs to change for the better and when it was challenged by Celtic they were vilified for it

Er, well, yes. Obviously Celtic were villified for stirring up sectarianism and the intimidation of referees and match officials.

Celtic should have had their membership of the SFA terminated for what they did.

You make the same mistake the MSM make on a regular basis and casualy lump Celtic into the equation there is only one club who have done wrong here no other.

Sorry, but Celtic are as guilty of the exploitation of sectarian hatred to gain success on the pitch as Rangers are.