Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

alex thomson@alextomo #c4news tomorrow story on interests, conflicts, Campbell Ogilvie, Donald Findlay and Jim Ballantyne - Airdrie, Cowdenbeath, Hearts - and RFC

Expand

• could be worth watching

cool.gif

I wonder what news he will ''share'' with us ;)

SPL TV or Scottish Football TV. No difference. As a Scot who lives here and gets off his arse to go and watch his team, I wouldn't buy a dedicated package for our leagues. I would if I were unable to get to the games I want to get to.

As I said - if I were out the country, I'd buy it like a shot. I'd hope St Mirren were on, but would happily watch all the games. It's the same as the Sky NFL coverage - I keep hoping the Broncos are chosen as the week's live game but they usually aren't! I watch whoever is on though, and enjoy the game anyway.

That's why I think SPL / Scottish fitba TV is a risky thing. Not sure if we have the appeal to go it alone. I can see it being bought by ex-pats, but how many? Any time I've been abroad, there's Brits gathered in NY or Vegas pubs - but it's for Man Utd v Liverpool, not St Johnstone v Dundee Utd - or, as you suggest, teams from lower leagues.

I think our football is good. I think our teams are good, I just don't know if we have a wide enough appeal for a stand alone TV channel. I certainly have zero confidence that we have the administrators capable of organising and promoting it. Doncaster for example? I think he's capabie of going into a meeting with Sky and signing his name on a piece of paper - but beyond that, I think he's a fcuking cockwomble.

Broncos shoulld have kept Tim Tebow as there starting QB (but thats for a different thread!)

On the subject of the NFL they have a very interesting TV concept called REDZONE. For those who don't know, they basically try and show all the games at the same time. How it works is they show action from one game, as soon as a teams scores or the posesion is lost, they switch to another game where a team looks like scoring, and then again and so forth. Its compelling TV.

How does this relate to Scottish Football? As far as I know no Football league has a package like this. Can you imagine 6 SPL games being shown at the same time with only the good bits being shown. It would be unique to Scottish Football and its a package we could sell to other countries who may be curious. It would also mean all matches kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday which I feel most fans want. (unless you like your midday kick offs on a Sunday.). There is the minor problem of UK black outs on a Saturday afternoon but surely this could be negotiated.

They do televise every match, though, with often 5 or 6 kick-offs staggerred over a weekend... Their deal is for 240 games while ours is for 60, and I doubt fans here would favour say 1 game on Friday, 2/3 spread over Saturday, 2/3 Sunday, 1 Monday.

However, they're doing very well, yes.

They had two games on over here live yesterday.

The evening game was Viking Stavanger v Rosenborg 1-4

The earlier game was Haugesund v Tromso 1-1 . That kicked off at the same time as all the other games. Tv2 covered the game while their version of soccer saturday covered the other games kicking off at the same time. For whatever reason Phil Thompson also works for norwegian tv (f**k knows why they would have him)

Despite Viking and Rosenborg being arguably the two biggest teams the stadium wasn't that busy, or at least didn't appear to be.

Anyone else read that fannyspangle Michael Grant's latest Orc propaganda piece in The Herald today?

No to newco' a sound view, but 'yes' supporters must also be heard

SPARE a thought for the poor souls hiding away around Scotland who might want to whisper "yes to newco".

They must exist. Perhaps there are thousands of them. Maybe the majority of Scottish League clubs will turn out to be supportive of letting Rangers join them at first-division level, but are too nervous about openly saying so. If not, and there is widespread or unanimous objection to the option favoured in the "Your Game, Your Club, Your Future" document sent around by the Scottish Football League executive, that's quite a slap in the face for the governing body.

Well here's your answer, courtesy of The Scotsman's Sports section:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport

Rangers poll

Monday, 2 July 2012

What league should a newly-formed Rangers be allowed to play in next season?

SPL

238 (1%)

Division One

181 (1%) Division Two

30 (0%)

Division Three

23062 (98%)

That I reckon is only because there was no "chuck them out altogether" option and Division 3 was the lowest that could be picked!

I must apologise Waffen. I went off on my rant before I noticed your contribution.

Good post !

Maybees aye, maybees naw. SFTV (Scottish Fitba TV) - launches with a magazine show hosted by Jim Traynor & Hugh Keevins. Today's studio guests - Billy Dodds, Craig Burley, and Andy Goram.

500,000 you say!?

If it's got Spiersy playing the piano, I'm in!

SPL TV or Scottish Football TV. No difference. As a Scot who lives here and gets off his arse to go and watch his team, I wouldn't buy a dedicated package for our leagues. I would if I were unable to get to the games I want to get to.

As I said - if I were out the country, I'd buy it like a shot. I'd hope St Mirren were on, but would happily watch all the games. It's the same as the Sky NFL coverage - I keep hoping the Broncos are chosen as the week's live game but they usually aren't! I watch whoever is on though, and enjoy the game anyway.

That's why I think SPL / Scottish fitba TV is a risky thing. Not sure if we have the appeal to go it alone. I can see it being bought by ex-pats, but how many? Any time I've been abroad, there's Brits gathered in NY or Vegas pubs - but it's for Man Utd v Liverpool, not St Johnstone v Dundee Utd - or, as you suggest, teams from lower leagues.

I think our football is good. I think our teams are good, I just don't know if we have a wide enough appeal for a stand alone TV channel. I certainly have zero confidence that we have the administrators capable of organising and promoting it. Doncaster for example? I think he's capabie of going into a meeting with Sky and signing his name on a piece of paper - but beyond that, I think he's a fcuking cockwomble.

I'm with you there on no stand alone channel for Scottish football,we just need a slightly better deal than what SKY is currently offering or is possibly going to offer on the strength of we Scots pay enough to SKY to justify the same or better deal at minimum.

My link

I don't know if this has been posted.

Broon's statement about his proposed meeting with Malcolm Murray.

Laughably enough he seems to have a bit of backing on Twitter.

Murray had been due to meet Brown and former Rangers director Donald Findlay QC after the former player demanded to see documents proving the ownership of the club, stadium and training ground, but said the talks were cancelled at the last minute.

Why would he be in a position to demand anything?

Who are JB backers? :rolleyes:

Pressure needs to be put on the BBC as well. How much do the BBC pay for their EPL highlights, Championship games and FA Cup compared with the amount they spend on their puny coverage of Scottish football.

Going by population 8% of the license fee is funded by Scots so we should get a proportional amount of the BBC's football budget spent of our domestic game. Same goes for Welsh and NI, time too end us subsiding the EPL.

You'd probably find that more people in Wales and NI want to watch the EPL rather than their own leagues.

It maybe be the same in Scotland. I never watch the horrific SPL highlights but I do watch the EPL highlights.

Despite Viking and Rosenborg being arguably the two biggest teams the stadium wasn't that busy, or at least didn't appear to be.

In Scotland we've actually got the highest attendances per capita in Europe. Look at crowds in Norway, Finland, Ireland, Croatia; all countries with similar populations as Scotland yet their crowds and leagues are worse than ours.

Our problem is just the typical Scottish problem of taking ourself down. It's Scottish so it's crap.

Broncos shoulld have kept Tim Tebow as there starting QB (but thats for a different thread!)

On the subject of the NFL they have a very interesting TV concept called REDZONE. For those who don't know, they basically try and show all the games at the same time. How it works is they show action from one game, as soon as a teams scores or the posesion is lost, they switch to another game where a team looks like scoring, and then again and so forth. Its compelling TV.

How does this relate to Scottish Football? As far as I know no Football league has a package like this. Can you imagine 6 SPL games being shown at the same time with only the good bits being shown. It would be unique to Scottish Football and its a package we could sell to other countries who may be curious. It would also mean all matches kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday which I feel most fans want. (unless you like your midday kick offs on a Sunday.). There is the minor problem of UK black outs on a Saturday afternoon but surely this could be negotiated.

No chance. It wont happen and even if it did, it could potentially decimate crowds, especially lower down the divisions

Pressure needs to be put on the BBC as well. How much do the BBC pay for their EPL highlights, Championship games and FA Cup compared with the amount they spend on their puny coverage of Scottish football.

Going by population 8% of the license fee is funded by Scots so we should get a proportional amount of the BBC's football budget spent of our domestic game. Same goes for Welsh and NI, time too end us subsiding the EPL.

I agree with you there ^^^ :D.Time for proportional UK wealth sharing for us Scots and should be written into law as far as I'm concerned.

Why would he be in a position to demand anything?

Who are JB backers? :rolleyes:

What is he going to do once he sees these documents? Surely they say Sevco Scotland owns them...

It was suggested the dodgy blokes that tried to buy QotS and St Mirren could be behind Broon.

P.S. Bomber's daughter.

My link

You'd probably find that more people in Wales and NI want to watch the EPL rather than their own leagues.

It maybe be the same in Scotland. I never watch the horrific SPL highlights but I do watch the EPL highlights.

Why's that though? Years of investing every penny in the EPL causing the Scottish leagues to become neglected and under-funded. dry.gif

Fair point about Wales and Ireland but they are very different to Scotland. In Wales football supporters follow Welsh teams in the English league and the majority of others are rugby people. In Ireland they have gaelic games which don't have money sucked away to England and can flourish.

What is he going to do once he sees these documents? Surely they say Sevco Scotland owns them...

It was suggested the dodgy blokes that tried to buy QotS and St Mirren could be behind Broon.

P.S. Bomber's daughter.

My link

ha ha feckin typical blonde bimbolaugh.gif

In Scotland we've actually got the highest attendances per capita in Europe. Look at crowds in Norway, Finland, Ireland, Croatia; all countries with similar populations as Scotland yet their crowds and leagues are worse than ours.

Our problem is just the typical Scottish problem of taking ourself down. It's Scottish so it's crap.

This. We love to talk ourselves down, and we have the unfortunate position of always comparing (and measuring) ourselves against our neighbours, but Scottish football does very well in comparative terms. There are things we could do better but it'd be nice if we self-flaggelated ourselves less.

No chance. It wont happen and even if it did, it could potentially decimate crowds, especially lower down the divisions

This. Having SPL/EPL games live in homes and pubs would damage attendances.

Yes, but TV2 have paid ~£40m for two games per week, plus highlights. Canal+ have paid almost twice that to show the other 6 matches.

The 1.6 Billion Kroner is over 4 seasons (as is the 500M Kroner that TV2 are paying) - that comes to, roughly, £40M per season for over 240 league games plus cup matches.

The Norwegians get about £166K per game, we currently get £216K per game

They don't pay anything for their FA Cup coverage, considering they don't have any.

And public service broadcasting isn't just about spending cash equitably it's about meeting the public service. How many people in Scotland watch MotD: and how many people in England would want to watch SPL highlights...?

BBC hold rights to SPL highlights, Scottish Cup (shared), League Cup, Challenge Cup, SFL play-offs, Junior Cup, Scotland away internationals, Womens internationals.

BBC hold rights to EPL highlights, English League Cup (shared).