Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

“Without Rangers, there is social unrest and a big problem for Scottish society,” claimed Regan. “They have a huge fan base and to contemplate the situation where those fans don’t have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow, I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues, all sorts of problems for the game.

“Tribalism in football is really important. It is part of the game. People follow their clubs with pride, it is passed down from generation to generation. There are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers and parents and grandfathers have been Rangers fans. You can’t contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren’t to exist that could have real dire consequences.

I am absolutely disgusted by Regan's comments. :angry:

He really should have a case to answer with the police, because if this is not a threat what is?

he is inciting unrest, giving credence to any bears who may have considered it but thought better of it.

The clubs should unite and demand the resignation of Regan now!

1. 16 million will be lost to Scottish football if SEVCO5088 are not parachuted into SFL1

2. The majority of this will impact the SPL clubs or SEVCO themselves

3. Some SPL clubs may enter administration if this happens

4. With this knowledge, none of the 11 SPL clubs voted to allow entry to SEVCO5088 to the SPL

So, in the full knowledge of the implications for them, SPL clubs did not allow entry.

Any implication that SEVCO5088 MUST be parachuted into the SFL1 to save scottish football from meltdown is irrelavent - even if it is true. The clubs that will be impacted the most know full well the potential impact on them and also that the only route for SEVCO5088 if to apply for admission to SFL3. But they have voted in favour of scottish football finding its true level and living within its means - even if some of them become casualties themselves.

The need to be commended for that and the SFA has an obligation to support that.

1. 16 million will be lost to Scottish football if SEVCO5088 are not parachuted into SFL1

2. The majority of this will impact the SPL clubs or SEVCO themselves

3. Some SPL clubs may enter administration if this happens

4. With this knowledge, none of the 11 SPL clubs voted to allow entry to SEVCO5088 to the SPL

So, in the full knowledge of the implications for them, SPL clubs did not allow entry.

Any implication that SEVCO5088 MUST be parachuted into the SFL1 to save scottish football from meltdown is irrelavent - even if it is true. The clubs that will be impacted the most know full well the potential impact on them and also that the only route for SEVCO5088 if to apply for admission to SFL3. But they have voted in favour of scottish football finding its true level and living within its means - even if some of them become casualties themselves.

The need to be commended for that and the SFA has an obligation to support that.

"It is passed down from generation"

That's just an excuse for mass gloryhunting Mr Regan, the very thing that's been ruining Scottish football more than anything.

My grandfather was a Rangers fan but watches every home QoS game now he lives in Dumfries. His two sons are Motherwell fans, I'm a Brechin fan and my brother's a Pars season ticket holder. My mum's side are all Killie fans although her dad followed Birmingham City. We're all obviously doing it wrong.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I doubt the SFA could organise a piss-up in a brewery on a 4 week deadline, never mind an entire league reconstruction.

There are still plenty of potential showstoppers to even the SFL3 option, and if I were a gambling man - which by a happy coincidence I am - I'd say that Sevco was odds-on not to be playing any senior football in 2012/13.

A year on the naughty step would be a very positive start to their eventual rehabilitation, and a practical solution that would give them time to sort things out for 2013/14.

I still think its cute that all these people think rangers bankrolled Scottish football.

They couldn't even bankroll themselves.

Wonder if regan has removed his head from his arse long enough to think how the fans of 40 other teams will feel at the preferential treatment of sevco?

What would they do if they were all lost to the game due to his corruption?

Alex Thomson said on Twitter that the SFA say The Scotsman messed up the Regan 'social unrest' comment.

Edit - are the SFA just backtracking now knowing that Regan fucked up?

Edited by t1t3h

I doubt the SFA could organise a piss-up in a brewery on a 4 week deadline

And that's with the chief executive having 16 years experience in the brewing industry on his CV.

Edited by Hedgecutter