Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm still seeing a lot of people in this thread, "Rangers" apologists who like to bring up other clubs who were in administration and say that they have no moral high ground.

I thought every club who went into admin, slashed costs, released players and at the very least took massive steps to ensure that they didn't hit liquidation. Even Airdrie gave up it's history, name, colours and badge just to exist in any shape or form. Rangers did relatively nothing to try and avoid liquidation, they offered a 6 month reduced wage to players which means sod all because even if they came out of admin they'd have plunged straight back in as soon as full wages were paid. "Rangers" administration was a big middle finger to Scottish football as they not only kept their international quality players, they also then had the cojones to try and sign new players!

There is a moral high ground for those clubs because while nearly every club has had financial difficulties, all those who have had them have slashed budgets, lost valuable players, lost background staff and had fans chipping in as much money as possible to save the club. Usually this happened a day or two after admin, not after 5 months of it.

Oh and no other club has had a case to answer over cheating the tax man over EBT's or cheating Scottish and European Football with incorrectly registered players for over a decade.

For over a decade any team playing against Rangers has not been given an even playing field. So let's have our revenge and make sure they can only get into the Juniors where every away game they won't be playing on an even playing field (or at very least it'll be bumpy).

I'm so sick of hearing how Rangers deserve special consideration because they are such a big club, would they be such a big club had they lived within their means for the last decade, had they signed players they could afford, had they paid tax and NI the same as everyone else?

And FYI Newco fans you are applying for the SFL,in whichever division they deem to allow you with a threadbare squad no European football and yet the arrogant assumption is that you will win whichever league you're allowed into.

Wake up and smell the coffee 1st day of pre season it was reported you had 13 players 4 of which were Goalkeepers.

This is the same arrogant beligerence that has led to so many fans contacting their "Diddy" Clubs to insist they voted no to newco in the SPL.

They have to be playing SPL football the season after next or we will all die.

I've already e-mailed Stenhousemuir saying that I will not be attending any home or away cup games if we are drawn against them. If anyone wants to join me here's the address:

info@stenhousemuirfc.com

Let us know if you get a reply

just listening now to clyde SSB only about 3 minutes in and my bloodpressure is going through the roof!!

Bomber brown going onabout aberdeen etc being in the 3rd and having a stronger div3 than spl what a fukkin nugget mad.gif

Some people are either scaremongering or simply can't compute simple arithmetic.

How the fcuk will Newco not be able to pay for the upkeep of all their fixed assets in div 3?

Newco's business model is far better in div 3 than it ever will be in the SPL.

Utter pish, youve no clearly no comprehension of how one end of a P&L from the other. Lets try looking at how oldo faired with 40-50 thousand fans paying spl prices every fortnight, SPL tv and prize money, 40 -50 thousand fans for cl matches, CL tv revenue, SPL level sponsorships, merchandising etc. With those revenue streams in place....the club was losing more than a million quid every MONTH !!

In SFL3 they would already be £5.5 million in debt (indeed wherever they go this will be the case ). They have as you succintly put got fixed assets....which they couldnt afford with the revenue streams i mentioned above. The ony realistic variable costs they can reduce are in playing staff ( non playing staff that TUPE over must BY LAW be retained on same salaries and benefits ). This they have done to an extent but but they still have guys like McCulloch and Wallace who between them cost more than probably most other squads in sfl 3

Their revenue streams in sfl 3 will be reduced by fact that they can only charge £12 per ticket. They will not be able to charge more than a fraction of the advertising costs to potential sponsors due to level of football and fact that sfl 3 simply isnt v attractive. CL crowds and revenue...gone. spl prize and tv money...gone.

Where can they reduce costs...not in non playing staff who TUPE..and they have over a hundred of them on decent salaries and benefits. That in itself is a multi million pound figure. Not on essential maintenance. Not on business rates. Not on gas / leccy / water. Not on policing / security. The pitch management at MP and Ibrox is an enormous cost and hard to see how you can reduce that realistically. Not on tax / NI.

It costs tens of millions pa to run the infrastructure that oldco had...and they couldnt afford it. You say newco has a better business plan for sfl3 than spl...id be fascinated to see it if you have it. The numbers should be really interesting. Not least the working capital that the newco has or who the investors are and how much they are willing to write off.

At no point have i mentioned playing staff in my figures. Gretna had a shed of stadium and some volunteers and went bust just paying for the players to get them through the leagues.

In another response i analogised that asking newco to survive in sfl3 is like comparing a tesco operating budget to a corner shops and asking tesco to survive on the same income. The only realistic number i have seen when talking about sfl 3 was from of all people dave king who said they needed someone to write off £30 million. Personally i would see that as optimistic but more real than your attempts at arithemetic which include no numbers and a deluded belief that the same fans who couldnt break ten thousand pre sdm for non of match are somehow going to fill ibrox for 3 years when there is no easy glory to be had.

Stick them in the 3rd already and sort reconstruction so that it'll be 2 years instead of 3 for them to reach the SPL.(if they win each season)

fucking simple everyone wins!

Edited by Prychynenko

I am boycotting this post.

Dear Araminta Moonbeam QC

It is with regret that i have came to the following decision

i have decided to boycott your boycott

Thanks,

itzdrk

I shall now begin my Twitter campaign to get 'boycott itzdrk's boycott' trending. #sackregan #sacklongmuir #sackdoncaster #kissturnbullhutton

i look forward to being in oppositionsmile.gif

Dear Araminta Moonbeam QC

It is with regret that i have came to the following decision

i have decided to boycott your boycott

Thanks,

itzdrk

statement from rustyarabnuts;

Re Itzdrk boycott

due to your actions, which do not suscrbe to fairplay, I have decide to boycott your boycott of the boycott

regards, rustyarabnuts

From the Stenhousemuir statement.

Dependent on the success of hiring the pitch we would potentially reduce the playing budget in year 2. We are also unclear on the impact of the changes on East Stirlingshire FC which may affect their ability to meet the hire costs of Ochilview.

If I'm reading this part correctly Stenhousemuir seem to be saying that if the SPL - SFL payments were stopped then East Stirling might be unable to pay the pitch hire costs. But, if Newco were in division three wouldn't East Striling have the income from two "home" games against Newco.