Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It may be that the board forced the Chairman to change his voting intentions once his ownership of Rangers shares was revealed by Thomson, in which case Thomson has nothing to apologise for.

I think a certain member of P&B who has a close family tie to the Club might be able to convince you that's absolute horse-shit and that the other Board members were never gonna vote any other way (NB. Porteus is not the majority shareholder)

Edited by Claymores

Your chairman will have received and had time to digest the Clyde statement by then. That document is a touchstone in this saga and could be the 'Zinoviev Letter' that brings down Doncaster & Regan.

Wasn't the Zinoviev letter based on a lie?

Hang on, so I'm even more confused now.

On Friday, the SFL clubs are voting, yes? And only 28 of them have a vote due to Dundee and Airdrie abstaining?

And if a majority (15) of them want Sevco to be in SFL1, then that's where they'll be, with either Dundee or Dunfermline moving up a league and leaving no space in SFL?

But if a majority (15) of them don't want Sevco in SFL1, what happens then - are Sevco automatically admitted to SFL3?

Or, in effect, is Sevco without a league to play in, everyone moves up a notch and Sevco would have to apply for the vacancy at the bottom of SFL3?

The entire East Coast have lead the campaign IMO - The public no voters in the SPL were mostly from the East Coast, and the Fife teams have now carried the mantle in the lower leagues. Clyde and Stranraer have really broken ranks with their public statements IMO.

Oh good, an East v West argument

These always go well :rolleyes:

Not an official statement.

Ayr chief Lachlan Cameron: SFL should run Scottish football because it's stronger than SPL

Jul 6 2012 by Chris Roberts

LACHLAN CAMERON insists only one body should run Scotland’s leagues – but it shouldn’t be the SPL.

Ayr’s chairman reckons the men who operate the top tier are bottlers who failed to sort out the Rangers nightmare.

He swears the SFL is a stronger body – but is adamant they should not be saddled with the task of deciding the future of the Ibrox newco.

Speaking exclusively to Record Sport from California, American millionare Cameron demanded Rangers should start life again in the Third Division.

Proposals for restructuring Scottish football include anSPL 2, which could feature Second Division Ayr, but Cameron said: “Why should an organisation that can’t handle Rangers going under be trusted with increasing in size?

“The SFL is a much stronger organisation. The SPL broke away from the SFL and now everyone is suggesting it should be one body running the leagues and I agree with that.

“But why should the SPL be that body? They’ve proven they are incapable of holding it together in the face of financial meltdown.

“Since the SPL was formed Scotland has gone backwards. We haven’t reached a major finals and the money hasn’t been shared properly amongthe clubs.”

Cameron blasted SPL chief Neil Doncaster and SFA boss Stewart Regan, insisting they should never have dumpedthe Ibrox crisis on the lap ofthe SFL.

He said: “They kick Rangers out of the SPL but say, ‘Please put them in the First Division and not the Third’.

“It’s a ludicrous situation for them to put us in. We are being forced to put Rangers into the First Division to save Scottish football’s bacon.

They are pretending there is nothing they can do about it so are punting it to the SFL.

“The top men at both the SPL and SFA are shirking their responsibilities. The SFL have handled issues properly but when the SPL have one of their teams going into liquidation they claim the whole world is going to collapse.

“They avoid making a decision and pass it on to someone else to sort the mess out. The SFL are better equipped than the SPL to handle tricky situations.

“It is putting everyone in the SFL under pressure because we are being told by the SPL that Scottish football will collapse if Rangers are put into the Third Division.

“We are being told we may have meltdown in the Scottish leagues so it’s been put to the SFL by the SFA and SPL to decide the future of Scottish football.

“What they are saying is put Rangers in the First Division and everything will sort itself out.

“Otherwise there will bemeltdown and it will be theSFL’s fault.

“They say clubs will go to the wall and millions of pounds will be lost. The SPL should take responsibility for that instead of blaming the SFL.”

Cameron has no doubts about where Rangers should be playing next season.

He said: “They have gone into liquidation and it’s a new company so they should apply to join the SFL.

“I wouldn’t suggest they go into oblivion because they have the facilities and fan base we look for when someone applies to the SFL.

“The Third Division would be the perfect place for Rangers. There is pressure for them to go into the First by the SPL and SFA but I believe they should go intothe Third.

“They are banned from Europe for three years anyway so let’s be realistic – the chances of getting back to the SPL are pretty good.”

But Cameron believes the saga is far from over and reckons SPL 2 is closer to being a reality than most fans realise.

He said: “I don’t believe for a second the SPL would put their lives in the hands of the SFL if there wasn’t something else going on.

“One of the two biggest clubs goes under and there is supposed to be total financial meltdown if Rangers are not admitted to the First Division.

“The SPL wouldn’t do what they are doing if they didn’t think Rangers wouldn’t be allowed into the SPL by another means.

“There is no way with the history of the SPL they would allow Rangers to leave.”

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

As a lifelong Ayr fan, that made me proud, and Lachlan and most other Ayr fans know I criticise him on a very regular basis, think I'll be taking it easier from now on.

The bold lines are very unexpected from Lachlan as he usually delivers statements like a politician.

As an outsider, I bow to your AUFC knowledge completely, but I know Lachlan slightly, and he definitely does care about your club and the integrity of the SFL, 'absent landlord' reputation notwithstanding. We spoke of the Livingston situation a couple of years ago, and let's just say he was clear in his stance as a defender of the league as a whole.

Updated Audio Interview on the Peterhead site.

Although he's still saying division 3 sounds like he could be swayed by reorganisation and seems to think the SFA will do what they want anyway.

Disappointed it's nothing like the Clyde statement.

I think that's still quite a firm no from Peterhead, but I think he's saying others might well vote yes. We'll see how this goes, but I think Peterhead will vote no in the end game.

Hang on, so I'm even more confused now.

On Friday, the SFL clubs are voting, yes? And only 28 of them have a vote due to Dundee and Airdrie abstaining?

And if a majority (15) of them want Sevco to be in SFL1, then that's where they'll be, with either Dundee or Dunfermline moving up a league and leaving no space in SFL?

But if a majority (15) of them don't want Sevco in SFL1, what happens then - are Sevco automatically admitted to SFL3?

Or, in effect, is Sevco without a league to play in, everyone moves up a notch and Sevco would have to apply for the vacancy at the bottom of SFL3?

I said in an earlier post that a nightmare scenario may be in play here with the newco.

Get the SFL teams to vote against the newco and the SFA & SPL shoehorn the durty cheating tax dodging b*stards straight into the SPL through a technicality of sorts.No place in the SFL for the newco and a place vacant in the SPL :blink: and the SPL spot must be filled before the start of the new season probably.

I said in an earlier post that a nightmare scenario may be in play here with the newco.

Get the SFL teams to vote against the newco and the SFA & SPL shoehorn the durty cheating tax dodging b*stards straight into the SPL through a technicality of sorts.No place in the SFL for the newco and a place vacant in the SPL :blink: and the SPL spot must be filled before the start of the new season probably.

Nah, I can't see it.

As much as the SPL / SFL / SFA have been falling over themselves trying to save their establishment club, I wouldn't think there's any chance that Sevco will be in the SPL next season.

As an outsider, I bow to your AUFC knowledge completely, but I know Lachlan slightly, and he definitely does care about your club and the integrity of the SFL, 'absent landlord' reputation notwithstanding. We spoke of the Livingston situation a couple of years ago, and let's just say he was clear in his stance as a defender of the league as a whole.

I know he cares about AUFC, I also know he is big on integrity, I was one of the few on the Livi side(hypocrite blah blah blah), I know exactly what his stance was on Livi and I still don't agree with all that went on, but, that's history and Newco have taken it to a whole new level.

Oh good, an East v West argument

These always go well :rolleyes:

There's no argument - it's hardened fact. Hearts, Dundee United, Hibs, Aberdeen, ICT and St Johnstone all came out in quick succession and voted no publicly. A lot of the most vocal SFL clubs hail from Fife, which is also in the East Coast.

Not fishing or anything, just posting my view.

The letter itself was actually a forgery. The obtuse point is that it brought down MacDonald's Govt.

(Fuxake, even a wee bit of artistic licence metaphor gets holes picked in it on here !)

:D

Listen - on this thread we have discussed philosophy, literature, Greek mythology and the psychology of the Andy Gorams. If your going to introduce early 20th century political intrigue it will come under scrutiny.

There's no argument - it's hardened fact. Hearts, Dundee United, Hibs, Aberdeen, ICT and St Johnstone all came out in quick succession and voted no publicly. A lot of the most vocal SFL clubs hail from Fife, which is also in the East Coast.

Not fishing or anything, just posting my view.

Though if you are fishing the East Coast is a good place to do it.

Thomson has been excellent at kicking the cow-tow element of the Scots media up the ar*e, it's something I for one have said before and welcomed. His C4 coverage has also given a UK perspective which was also positive.

However... he's completely failed to live-up to the reputation he himself fostered, that of "big-gun" who'd break exclusives and uncover conspiracies, which is where digs are fair-game.

He's covered plenty of angles but he's almost invariably picked-up existing stories, and he's made a few mistakes. Even then I appreciate mistakes will be made sometimes: he should just apologise and retract when it happens like today's happened.

But Thomson will be essential to have onside as we move beyond Friday's vote.

There is the SFA to get cleaned out.

The SPL to be wound up leaving one League body.

And out of that he will play in apart in creating honest bodies with some transparency.

We will always have the 'blazers' but there is serious work to be done in shifting a lot of them out the door.

1341960272[/url]' post='6417623']

Nah, I can't see it.

As much as the SPL / SFL / SFA have been falling over themselves trying to save their establishment club, I wouldn't think there's any chance that Sevco will be in the SPL next season.

Not a hope.The SPL clubs would have to vote for it and there is no chance of that happening. That door is closed or there really will be Armageddon in Scottish football

It's becoming apparent that the SFL clubs will not vote them into Div1, but would probably, by no means certainly, vote them into Div 3. You can bet your life that will be one of the options to vote on come Friday after the Clyde FC ( god bless them) statements tonight.

The proposal that was sent out will bear very little resemblance to what the clubs finally vote on.

Edited by Only A Game !

I know he cares about AUFC, I also know he is big on integrity, I was one of the few on the Livi side(hypocrite blah blah blah), I know exactly what his stance was on Livi and I still don't agree with all that went on, but, that's history and Newco have taken it to a whole new level.

Indeed - it's a whole new multiverse of filth they have brought upon us.

I just thought it was worth mentioning as an indicator (if any was needed) that his stance was never in doubt.

Listen - on this thread we have discussed philosophy, literature, Greek mythology and the psychology of the Andy Gorams. If your going to introduce early 20th century political intrigue it will come under scrutiny.

Hoi....don't forget Political Geography & EuroEconomics - namely, is Turkey in Europe. :geek