Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Airdrieonians died never to return, It was shocking what the SFA & SFL allowed to happen to Clydebank

And on this i will agree.I was gutted for,and still feel for Clydebank.It was not how i wanted for it to be,just to be able to watch an Airdrie side playing once more at New Broomfield.

Edited by Forever Diamond

It's kinda like when a band suffers a messy split and the lead singer tours with a new band and releases kinda crp albums under the old name. Everyone knows its not the same, but they're allowed to do it.

Actually there's usually a messy legal case to see who gets the name, royalties etc.

Why is it unreasonable to rid yourself of something that is not good.They will up and leave us in a flash if the English league accepts them,or there is an European league started.So don't try and kid yourself on that we would miss them,they certainly wouldn't miss us.If this had been any other club bar the OF that cheated HMRC for years,we would not be having this discussion.They would have been added to history of clubs that cease to exist in Scotland.

Butter it up any way you want,but they have got off very lightly,everything will be the same in a few years minus their massive debts.They will only gloat at us to remind us that they were too big for us too kill off,when actually all it is,is that our FA has succumed to the temptation of greed.If SKY was not an issue they would have buried Rangers long ago.It just proves how greedy they actually are by now negotiating a 25 match tv deal to watch them in the 3rd,why the feck wasn't there a 25 match deal for the lower divisions before now.

So they may be on paper the most successful side in the world,their fans may gloat on their history.......but when they remove the red,white and blue spectacles and see them as the rest of Scotland does,they will then realise that there is nothing of the last 20 years or more to be proud of Rangers FC for.

The glass half full response is that even 9 months ago no one imagined that we'd even be arguing about/complaining about this ;) It's progress at least.

Airdrieonians died never to return, It was shocking what the SFA & SFL allowed to happen to Clydebank

An old colleague of mine used to live on the south side of Glasgow and was a Third Lanark supporter as a boy..

When the Hi Hi died, he changed his allegiance to Partick Thistle and later he ended up living in Clydebank.

Luckily he stayed loyal to the Jags and avoided seeing two of his clubs dying, although Partick did come close.

My point? Sometimes football clubs die. Accept it and move on.

eta : a wee snippet from the Thirds history

The club was declared bankrupt after the Board of Trade enquiry and was liquidated in 1967. It was alleged that Boardroom corruption played a role in this outcome. On 1 July 1968 four former directors of Third Lanark were found guilty of contravening the Companies Act 1948 and fined £100 each. The investigation by the Board of Trade accused club chairman, Bill Hiddleston, of blatant corruption and that "the circumstances (merited) police inquiry". Hiddleston died of a heart attack in Blackpool in November 1967.

Edited by cyderspaceman

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really have to get back on there. Unfuckingbelievable

You're just pissed off you picked the wrong username.

*Forgive me if someone got there first but I have just logged on.

Has anyone else saw this bbc sport update ?

Thoughts ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18929983

This is baffling. They probably want Rangers media rights to make up for them not being in the SPL.

The authorities in this country are scandalous.

Also has it been explained yet why SPL approval is required (or if)? What are SPL approving? Article doesn't say.

Probably because the SFL get a share in the SPL's media rights.

Only indirectly, through geting ££ under the Annual Settlement.

1. We're not Scottish football chief.

2. You need to separate the horrible nature of the kunts from the issues at hand.

3. I'm pretty sure that Airdrie fans are the last people who should be taking the moral high ground here. No offence and all that.

The company has gone bust. The team have dropped three divisions, lost all their decent players, will have to go a full year without signing players and have more sanctions to come but, yeah, apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us?

No offence and all that,you having a laugh.Just because were Airdrie United fans means we are not allowed to have a comment on what is right or wrong.Airdrie never cheated or committed fraud to be where they are.

As for dropping three divisions,we could argue that is not true as they are meant to be a newco,now that the SFA seem to be handing them back their history though i would probably have say sadly it is true.

My heart bleeds for them going a year without being able to sign any players.It should have started from now,and not allow them to have an opportunity to buy the best players they can to get an easy ride back to the 1st,possibly the SPL.

And what did the Romans do for us,well for me they gave a great day out.Hadrians wall is a great little visit.

I'm still trying to get my head around this latest SPL thing... there seem 3 aspects that defy expectation.

Firstly - what is it that SPL have to approve else the whole thing collapses?

I expected it'd just be a matter for SFA, OldCo + NewCo plus SFL agreeing with the embargo.

Secondly - why do SPL want more sanctions?

If they'd got their way and Rangers had gone straight into the First Division with a plan to bounce-back straight away, you doubt they'd have been gunning for more sanctions!!

Thirdly - on what grounds can SPL be demanding a share of TV rights?

Surely that's a matter for SFL itself.

The glass half full response is that even 9 months ago no one imagined that we'd even be arguing about/complaining about this ;) It's progress at least.

I doubt that you'd be able to find one person (orcs excluded of course)who, if offered this very scenario back in february would've declined it, infact you'd likely have got your hand bitten off.:rolleyes:

I'm still trying to get my head around this latest SPL thing... there seem 3 aspects that defy expectation.

Firstly - what is it that SPL have to approve else the whole thing collapses?

I expected it'd just be a matter for SFA, OldCo + NewCo plus SFL agreeing with the embargo.

Secondly - why do SPL want more sanctions?

If they'd got their way and Rangers had gone straight into the First Division with a plan to bounce-back straight away, you doubt they'd have been gunning for more sanctions!!

Thirdly - on what grounds can SPL be demanding a share of TV rights?

Surely that's a matter for SFL itself.

I'm also baffled. I think the way to try and unravel this is not to think of it as the SPL wanting additional sporting sanctions against Rangers per say, rather they need additional income - undoubtedly coming from a cut of any TV deal that the SFL sign. I think this can only mean one of two things.

• There's something written into the settlement agreement with the SFL (or possibly a loophole) that gives the SPL some claim to this; however, I can't see why this would affect Rangers application directly.
  • Or (and I'm stretching here - but this might be plausible) there's something in the regulations that does not allow a club to simultaneously hold a share in both the SPL and SFL. If Rangers SFA membership still officially holds an SPL share, the SPL would be required to agree early release of that share without Rangers serving the statutory 2 year notice period (In much the same way the SFL had to agree to let Dundee or Dunfermline resign from the SFL). Could it be this that they're holding over the newco's head? Dundee could be issued with one of the "spares", so in no way would this prevent the SPL from kicking off.

Edited by Huistrinho

Alex Thomson's even more obsessed about Govangate than we are. He was broadcasting live from Damascas tonight, went through 15 army checkpoints, listening to gun and artillary fire, and he's still twittering and blogging about Rangers.. huh.gif