Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've never heard of this. Do you have a link?

from about 6pm last night, hidden at the bottom of the Stretford info......

(UKPA) – 15 minutes ago

Controversial football agent Paul Stretford is "assisting" Rangers newco, the Ibrox club have confirmed.

Gers chief executive Charles Green is using the services of the agent, who was banned in 2008 for 18 months and fined £300,000 for a number of misconduct charges relating to how he acquired the right to represent Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney six years earlier.

A spokesman for Rangers told Press Association Sport: "Paul Stretford is assisting the club."

Stretford's link with the Ibrox club is revealed as Ally McCoist prepares to bolster his squad for life in the Irn-Bru Third Division next season.

On acceptance of Scottish Football Association membership, still to be ratified, the Light Blues' boss will have until September 1 to sign players before a 12-month transfer embargo begins.

Rangers fans may wonder about Stretford's remit given the club's new league status and the apparent lack of cash available at Ibrox to bring players in, but confirmation of the Englishman's involvement comes while Green continues to challenge the decisions of the players who walked away from the club this summer.

Yesterday, Rangers confirmed that they and Southampton had come to a financial agreement over the transfer of Steven Davis.

The two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee for the Northern Irishman, reported as £800,000, although that is disputed by the English club.

Can't really see what the talks are about. SFA/SFL can state if u do not sign up by Friday it's game over. Here are the conditions,

Dear Greeny/Fat Sal/the Dead them/ Sevco - Accept or die at the end of the week.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Leggo has gone nuts today,

After all, Jim Traynor and the Record have led the way so often during this complex Rangers story that there is no reason to doubt the veracity of this morning’s tale.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

If I had a quid for every time traynor has been wrong, id have at least £14.

http://www.dailyreco. ..86908-23911276/

The guy is a legend, sadly he seems to have hit on hard times as he once had wealth off the radar

Spiv.

Brazen liar.

Outraged Rangers creditors.

Cavorting and living it up in Monaco.

The seethe is strong in this one, and it drips off the page like the juice from the finest succulent lamb.

Am I alone in being cynical about the EBTs/ stripping titles/ tv deal?

I fear that we will have our hopes raised again by the posturing of these fuds,

only for them to cobble together some poxy deal for the 'betterment of scottish football'.

A load of bollox.

Mind you it could be agent Greenies way of getting shot of McCoist (overpaid and, frankly, overrated),

Sally said that he would never accept titles being stripped (point: you have no say in it. At all),

so if there was a deal to strip honours and not pay the £160k fine (or something like that) then Agent Green

could get rid of Fat Sal (who would resign over this) and some of his backroom staff. Thus reducing costs.

I personally think Sevco will take being pumped out of the Pawnbrokers cup and a few league losses until they

find their feet and go on a winning streak.

I do not think they can afford to lose in the League cup however as this represents a possibility

of meeting with the other arese cheek.

Im afraid it is going to be another rollercoaster week, with the inevitable dip at then end.

http://www.dailyreco. ..86908-23911276/

The guy is a legend, sadly he seems to have hit on hard times as he once had wealth off the radar

A quote from the article

"The club will begin the new season in the Third Division with an away match at humble Peterhead next month."

Surely the wording should have been

"The club will begin the new season in the Third Division, humble, with an away match at Peterhead next month" - Yeah never going to happen "humble" and Newco are not words that fit into the same sentence easily.:)

Leggo has gone nuts today,

After all, Jim Traynor and the Record have led the way so often during this complex Rangers story that there is no reason to doubt the veracity of this morning's tale.

I had to read that part about eleven times to see whether Leggo was being sarcastic or not. I'm still not sure.

In the context of what he's saying, it sounds sincere, but nobody could say "Jim Traynor and the Record have led the way so often during this complex Rangers story that there is no reason to doubt the veracity of this morning’s tale" and actually mean it, could they? Could they?

I had to read that part about eleven times to see whether Leggo was being sarcastic or not. I'm still not sure.

In the context of what he's saying, it sounds sincere, but nobody could say "Jim Traynor and the Record have led the way so often during this complex Rangers story that there is no reason to doubt the veracity of this morning’s tale" and actually mean it, could they? Could they?

Leggo could.

I had my first serious conversation, sine the Div 3 admission, with a "Rangers" fan over the weekend. This is a clever guy, with a masters degree in civil engineering, so not an Orc by any stretch of the imagination. His opening line was "What do you make of the Rangers situation? " I opened a wee bit cagily, then gradually started to make the point that I thought they were luck to be allowed into the 3rd Division. His responses stunned me, given his previous form on football and finance, his points are basically the same as we've all seen on FF, RM, etc, i.e. we've not been found guilty of anything, we've been punished enough a guy came in and raped our club, why should the fans suffer?, etc etc. I just couldn't be arsed arguing, and just shrugged my shoulders.

Then later I realised I had let the diddies down and I apologise for that, cos I realise that if we just shrug then they'll win, they'll be back in the old arrogant mode, claiming nothing has happened.

From now on, I promise, I'll stand my ground on the arguments, and I will be arsed to argue.

Edited by Happy Buddie

Who in their right mind thinks staying overnight in a hotel is OK rather than a 45min journey on the day. How does it even come about? I don't think it would even cross most peoples mind as an option to a non existent problem. Did they used to stay in hotels for away games to Kilmarnock or Motherwell? They're outside Glasgow.

Finally an explanation for Johnson's vote.

I had my first serious conversation, sine the Div 3 admission, with a "Rangers" fan over the weekend. This is a clever guy, with a masters degree in civil engineering, so not an Orc by any stretch of the imagination. His opening line was "What do you make of the Rangers situation? " I opened a wee bit cagily, then gradually started to make the point that I thought they were luck to be allowed into the 3rd Division. His responses stunned me, given his previous form on football and finance, his points are basically the same as we've all seen on FF, RM, etc, i.e. we've not been found guilty of anything, we've been punished enough a guy came in and raped our club, why should the fans suffer?, etc etc. I just couldn't be arsed arguing, and just shrugged my shoulders.

Then later I realised I had let the diddies down and I apologise for that, cos I realise that if we just shrug then they'll win, they'll be back in the old arrogant mode, claiming nothing has happened.

From now on, I promise, I'll stand my ground on the arguments, and I will be arsed to argue.

My other half's family are all Sevco-minded and this very point sees me as easily the least popular family member because I don't suffer their dogmatic shite.

pretty much the standard response from sevco fans except i always get ....celtic are all behind it....added in?!

Who in their right mind thinks staying overnight in a hotel is OK rather than a 45min journey on the day. How does it even come about? I don't think it would even cross most peoples mind as an option to a non existent

problem. Did they used to stay in hotels for away games to Kilmarnock or Motherwell? They're outside Glasgow.

I'm sure I read somewhere (probably this thread) that they stayed at the Crutherland Hotel before home games and that this continued once they'd gone into administration.

Phone him. Phone him now and tear into him.

GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL

I have just read through this entire thread and frankly I am MOST DISGUSTED. It has always been clear to me how the supporters of the "Irish" clubs felt towards Rangers. But a quite shocking REVELATION of the pure bile, vitriol, and animosity, leveled at us from who I assume are otherwise staunch and loyal protestants. You disgust me, sicken me to my stomach. Where is your pride? Where is the love for The Rangers which was once found all across the fair British Isles?

May your 'gods' forgive you for what you have done.