Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've also noticed a lot of people saying that this stuff is proof that we need a single governing body looking after the entire game in this country, which is a valid point (even though other countries operate in the same manner as us in this respect). However, I have very little doubt that if there was a single governing body, then Sevco Rangers would be kicking off the 2012/13 season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

Very good point. Maybe we should be looking at better organisations and better people in charge. A lot to be said for checks and alternative views.

Worth looking back to poor old Leggo when Whyte took over for a few laughs while we are in a dry spell.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/2011_05_07_archive.html <-- The day after the takeover "Confounding the enmies of Rangers should be one of the first tasks for Craig Whyte now that he has confounded his critics."

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/2011_05_10_archive.html <--- ONE of the many things Rangers supporters should be be glad of, now that Craig Whyte owns the club, is that he is a Bluenose.

Funnily enough he's binned all the anti BBC stuff from when the first Whyte documentary aired.

Robbie Savage to The Rangers ? That's about right. ... He's a knob too, fit right in.

As others have suggested variously:

1. They'd be better off with Lilly Savage

2. Will Sal, Durranty, and Sandy Jardine be putting on the boots too? 'They'd score for fun in the 3rd' [insert CevcoMedia crabflute]

3. Sally might as well see if they can get Joey Barton on loan too - with him, Savage, Ian Black and McCulloch in midfield, they could kick their way oot of Division 3.

Edited by Claymores

Off topic ...

For those of you that like small stakes sporting accumulators at the weekend ..

Alonso is 7/2 to win the Hungarian Grand Prix outright .. given that Red Bull may be hampered by new rules I think that makes Alonso a good price given his upward profile in recent races ...

Still searching for something to add to the bet ,,.. will update if I find anything.

there are other threads and forums on P&B than this one.

ou should know this considering you've only made 410 of your 430 posts on this thread :lol:

Seeing as it's quiet today, I've brazenly stolen these from The Herald Dairy, for a wee chuckle, as they are related to this thread.

NEWS about the 11-year-old boy who flew to Rome from Manchester without a ticket or passport. Our football contact tells us: "The good news for him is that after making it into Europe without spending any money he's being offered the Motherwell manager's job."

THE complex financial problems of Scottish football linked to the demotion of Rangers were being discussed by some locals. Eventually one chap tried to explain it: "As the late great Bob Marley once sang, 'No Rangers, No Sky.'"

The Cup tie is scheduled for Sunday. If Cevco have no licence by then, a decision would have to be taken on whether the tie should be rescheduled for a later date (if, for example, negotiations with a prospect of reaching a successul conclusion were still ongoing), or whether Brechin are awarded a bye.......(couldn't technically beat an unlicenced team 3-0).

Brechin should be awarded the game as a technical walk over.

Brechin should be awarded the game as a technical walk over.

Do Brechin have an orange strip? They could do it like Scotland did against Estonia(?), go onto the pitch, quick, wee walk round, then off again.

Mibbe have some flute music on the tannoy as a great wee GIRFUY.

Result? An Orange Walkover.

Edited by Happy Buddie

The Cup tie is scheduled for Sunday. If Cevco have no licence by then, a decision would have to be taken on whether the tie should be rescheduled for a later date (if, for example, negotiations with a prospect of reaching a successul conclusion were still ongoing), or whether Brechin are awarded a bye.......(couldn't technically beat an unlicenced team 3-0).

Brechin might need to put a bouncer on the Players and Official entrance on Sunday just in case Sevco turn up without their SFA membership.

"Let's see..Rangers you say?......Sorry, can't see you on my list, so you can't get in....."

Off topic ...

For those of you that like small stakes sporting accumulators at the weekend ..

Alonso is 7/2 to win the Hungarian Grand Prix outright .. given that Red Bull may be hampered by new rules I think that makes Alonso a good price given his upward profile in recent races ...

Edit: The Ferrari is also suited to the Hungary track .. and Alonso is a previous winner there and recently only beaten by the Red Bulls during their dominance ...

Still searching for something to add to the bet ,,.. will update if I find anything.

Brechin 9/1.............or if feeling wimpish, Draw 17/4

Edited by Claymores

They must be absolutely bricking it that 0.001% of their customers might, possibly be thinking about not shoplifting their game.

For every boycott they threaten, we should threaten two boycotts if they get in and other third division teams dont.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=232886

The realisation sets in that they are now a diddy club.

They will only get 72k in total for winning the third division at most for the season based on them providing all the content.

On the surface it is pretty harsh, if they are shown every game you would expect them to be paid for that, on the other hand its hugely funny that the orcs will be inconvenienced with horrible kick off times when one of the things they were looking forward to was 3pm games on a saturday every week.

Had my first hands-on experience of the Social Unrest yesterday.

At Burntisland with my kids, building a big sandcastle on the beach. 2 orclets clad in the strip of a team that used to exist, no more than 5, either of them, come along and stamp all over the thing, while I'm still building. Not a peep from their 'responsible' adults, both of whom were a tad overweight..

Thin end of the wedge, I'm going straight to ASDA to stock up on bread.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=232886

They will only get 72k in total for winning the third division at most for the season based on them providing all the content.

On the surface it is pretty harsh, if they are shown every game you would expect them to be paid for that, on the other hand its hugely funny that the orcs will be inconvenienced with horrible kick off times when one of the things they were looking forward to was 3pm games on a saturday every week.

[/quote

Now they see what it's like when the boot is on the other foot in terms of financial distribution. Shocking that an Orc can count so well, right enough.

http://forum.rangers. ..howtopic=232886

I really can't see sevco lasting much beyond october - if that far. If they do go into liquidation will any newnewco retain their history......? :blink: