Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Well according to yesterdays "Daily Retard", its this;

"THE SPL and SFL were last night close to agreeing a £1.2million deal with Sky for the rights to show 45 Rangers matches over the next three seasons.

An announcement on the deal – believed to work out at an average of £27,000 a game – is expected within the next 48 hours."

So, if the money is shared out equally between all SFL clubs, we all get a massive £13,333 a season. Someone should tell the fucking idiots who run our game, that they are supposed to SELL Scottish football, not just give it away.

ps I wonder if that deal would include showing some SFL football that does not involve Sevco?

mair chance of craig whyte buying sellick biggrin.gif

Really can't get over how bad a deal the SFL have accepted.

I'm as angry now as at any point during this shambles.

Edited by ayrmad

Plenty rumours and comments abound on Twitter (I know, I know) that Sevco are going to be granted a temporary "licence", for this weekend.

Surely not?

A 1 day licence to allow the game at Brechin to go ahead

Temporary licence?

So zombie son of Rangers will be a football club on Sunday. They will be allowed to play matches, sign players, sell players, sell season tickets etc.

Then on Monday they will no longer be a football club. They'll have to stop selling season ticket, signing players and arranging matches.

Someone really, really hasn't thought this through. No surprises there then.

Gonna back up the feeling that Sevco/Zombie Gers are not going to get their SFA license this weekend. Why? Well as football fans we all know that the decision is not about the SFA growing some balls, "sporting integrity"or even Green caving in and accepting the Oldco may have titled stripped (why that seems to bother him I've no idea). No, the decision will be made on superstition.

In 2 hours or so I'll be heading to a remote area of the Scottish west coast, where phone signals will be patchy at best, TV is a no-no, even Radio Scotland 810MW will be like trying to listen to someone on the other side of the world through a barrage of interference, and "the internet" hasn't yet been invented! On that basis, and given that even if I did manage to hear the news I'd have no ice cream and jelly or anyone to celebrate with, I can assure you that superstition thence dictates that Sevco will not get an SFA license, Brechin will get a bye to the next round of the Ramsdens Cup, and I'll be non the wiser until I return to at least semi-civilisation on Monday afternoon.

:lol:

Ravelin

On the basis that the failure to be granted the transfer of membership of the SFA today could make all my sums irrelevant (or even mopre irrelevant) I present my calculations as to what the Rangers FC budget might realistically be, and how it could afford to meet its bills.

It might not be as horrendous as it first appears, but still even bare survival would depend on a huge amount of support from the Rangers fans, and with the best will in the world, would any team be able to maintain the attendances needed in these circumstances?

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/rangers-fc-in-2012-2013-could-it-survive-financially/

On the basis that the failure to be granted the transfer of membership of the SFA today could make all my sums irrelevant (or even mopre irrelevant) I present my calculations as to what the Rangers FC budget might realistically be, and how it could afford to meet its bills.

It might not be as horrendous as it first appears, but still even bare survival would depend on a huge amount of support from the Rangers fans, and with the best will in the world, would any team be able to maintain the attendances needed in these circumstances?

http://scotslawthoug...ve-financially/

Does it included payment of outstanding football related debts?

Team: Forfar Athletic - the currant's favourite "lie down and roll over" club of choice in countless cup contests.

Closet currant ahoy!

dry.gif

And there's what's wrong with Scottish football - what I hoped was a balanced post, and I'm a closet bun :( .

And as for Forfar lying down...

League Cup Semi Final 1977-78.................2-1 up with 7 minutes to go, and needed extra-time to be beaten

Scottish Cup Semi Final 1981-1982............they needed a dodgy decision and a replay to stop us knocking them out

Scottish Cup 1982-83..................................1-0 up at half-time at Ibrox before losing 2-1

Skol Cup 1986-87........................................they needed penalties to beat us

I appreciate that they have stuffed us a few times since, but not many "diddy" teams have been that close that often to beating them.

Does the shooter on that zombie pic up there have a celtic clover on his back? If so, why? Celtic can hardly claim this as their doing, considering the silence has been deafening from them for the past few months. Self aggrandizing twats.

Edited by Easy Target

Was going to start on the seating arrangements "you sit over there mate this table for SPL fans only " and work from there?

You might also want to:

- Hand him the kids menu, explaining that budgets are a lot tighter at the lower end of the food chain these days

- Demand the cash up front "just in case"

- Remark on the cutlery, mentioning perhaps the amount of silverware on the table in comparison to the amount of silverware won by Sevco.

- If the food isn't quite up to scratch, suggest he demands "Just who are these chefs?" and threaten to burn the restaurant down

- Trash a pub in another area of town (preferably one with a fucked telly), blaming "heavy-handed" bouncers

If all that seems like too much work, simply laugh at his club of choice dying and thank him for Dundee's place in the SPL.

Does the shooter on that zombie pic up there have a celtic clover on his back? If so, why? Celtic can hardly claim this as their doing, considering the silence has been deafening from them for the past few months. Self aggrandizing twats.

Edit: And the Celtic fans will no doubt be joining in with their own historical re-write about how their club was to the fore in ridding the league of the evil SevCo and the rest of us are punishing Celtic for doing the right thing (with optional "showing their true colours")

I've not seen/heard/read anything to sugges tCeltic fans will take credit for this. If anything, Celtic fans are applauding the other clubs and their fans for THEIR actions and are crying out for Celtic to follow suit. Well done though on your wee rant.

That will change as soon as the Celtic board finds things a bit tougher in the SPL. Bookmark it

*waves to Mik*

Edited by The Old Northerner

You might also want to:

- Hand him the kids menu, explaining that budgets are a lot tighter at the lower end of the food chain these days

- Demand the cash up front "just in case"

- Remark on the cutlery, mentioning perhaps the amount of silverware on the table in comparison to the amount of silverware won by Sevco.

- If the food isn't quite up to scratch, suggest he demands "Just who are these chefs?" and threaten to burn the restaurant down

- Trash a pub in another area of town (preferably one with a fucked telly), blaming "heavy-handed" bouncers

If all that seems like too much work, simply laugh at his club of choice dying and thank him for Dundee's place in the SPL.

Oh don't worry vengeance will be mine, choice use of business is business and for every £5 I spend your supposed to spend a £10 will be used when it comes to getting the rounds in.