Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Haven't been on this thread in a while. Could someone give me a fairly sensible summary of the state-of-play, please?

Rangers are pure a different club n you'se cheated so ye's did.

Different company, same club that we love and adore.

Repeat ad nauseum

I really hate having to multi quote but you are obviously not bright enough to check what the f**k you are even quoting on

For the final time, Stoned was wrong in his assumption that, he called the OP Tedi

That must mean I was correct in the part of my post which really mattered that "You would say that only because you are biased and want to see my great club cease to exist in any shape or form." had already happened?

Do you not think that the way in which you are more inclined to attack my statement on the fact that I was mistaken about your identity, rather than the fact that your club are already dead. Psychologically speaking it would say to me that deep down you have already accepted the death of Rangers.

Haven't been on this thread in a while. Could someone give me a fairly sensible summary of the state-of-play, please?

Everything is going swimmingly for Sevco, according to Charlie Green he has 3 billionaires and a mega rich Chinese man ready to plough money into the club and that is on top of the £30m he promised the club would have in its coffers by the end of July

• 1347795889[/url]' post='6631802']

Rumour that HMRC will pursue the Newco for the Oldco's debt due to them trading under basically the same name, owning the same assets with below market value transfer to newco, and Greens statements of being the same club with all the history. In their view this is the same company who have pheonixed to remove their debts. Hope it's true

http://www.hmrc.gov....al/ins45005.htm

INS45005 - Successor companies: Background: What is a successor company?

For the purposes of this guidance successor companies (often called 'phoenix companies') are companies set up to continue the trade of the previous failed company with the same directors or company secretaries, often trading from the same business premises with the same assets and employees.

The previous liquidated company and the successor company can be linked in several ways, but the following links are ones which may give a reason to consider whether the successor company and the previous company deserve further consideration:

• Are the directors the same or is there evidence that the directors of the previous company are connected with those of the successor company, or involved in its management?
    • Is the successor company carrying on the same trade as the previous company?
    • Are the employees the same?
    • Is the trading or company name the same or similar?
    • Are the trading premises the same?
    • Did the successor company acquire assets from the previous company?

So...

• 1) same name
    • 2) same premises
    • 3) assets acquired at less than trade value
    • 4) (some) of same employees.
    • 5) definitely trying to carry on same trade in same manner.
    • 6) unclear about directorship but probably not the same (has been seen by SFA)

Edited by Drainfish

Hi, is there any reason the following events won't unfold?

1. BDO liquidate the old company with no adverse effect on the new one.

2. Rangers start playing better away from home and inevitably win division 3, and 2.

3. Because wages are a lot lower now they are in a reasonable financial position to buy players after their embargo is over to win division 1

4. They re-enter the spl happy and debt free.

5. Charles Green has a successful share issue, makes a profit and disappears a hero.

It all seems a little plausible for my liking...

2. Rangers start playing better away from home and inevitably win division 3, and 2.

3. Because wages are a lot lower now they are in a reasonable financial position to buy players after their embargo is over to win division 1

5. Charles Green has a successful share issue, makes a profit and disappears a hero.

All nulified 'cos they do not have the cash to see the season out without some major cash injection, and you can't count the share issue as that has already been apportioned off ;)

1347807950[/url]' post='6632353']

To be fair, if they are seen as a new club without baggage/history then the only sticking point would be the asset sale value which BDO may or may not address. Title stripping etc is then irrelevant to the new club.

The main risk for green et al is the wandering between newco and 'still the same club' mind sets as and when it suits. Acting as if nothing has changed is likely to increase the interest of HMRC. Threatening legal action on the SPL for title stripping may bring the wrath of FIFA or UEFA. It would be better to just accept newco status and ditch the baggage...

I really want to bear bait debate the current Newco issues.

NO.9, teddi, Bennets ???

:lol:

I would think that there may be a fair bit of doubt beginning to reach their minds right about now. Doubt is like a virus too. Once doubt takes a hold on one belief it spreads through the whole belief structure, infecting and tainting all.